Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews for Nurse

Nurse7 reviews
Singapore7 reviews

Good work experience

Work experience with them was good. It will matter only the compensation is not fair to all nurses especially the foreign hired, the salary & benefits are far behind from the local nurses.That’s why they can’t keep a hardworking and skillful nurses to stay with them long.

Emergency Nursing Skills

*SGH ED sees an average of 300 to 500 patients a day, its always busy but teamwork has always been the key to treat patient promptly which is our utmost priority *I have learned Emergency Nursing skills including management of patients in Emergency Cardiac Care Unit *Management is doing their best to treat all the employee fairly and give importance on employee's professional growth *Dealing with multiple nursing task lists *Witnessing how my patients improve with the prompt intervention rendered in ED

Meaningful Workplace

I enjoy interacting, empowering the parents to take care of their infants. I truly love having such privilege to be nursing these newborn babies, and assisting mothers to adjust with breastfeeding, bathing and care for baby. My nurse manager always open the opportunities to further studies, and I am thankful for that. Due to family commitments, and the need for office hours, the shift hours is the hardest part of this job. Given my experience in the wards, I hope to explore other aspects of healthcare as well. Hence, I need to find a new job in the healthcare industry which is able to allow me to work office hours.

Cons

Shift Work

Fun to work at times. Dealing with unreasonable,difficult, demanding and violent people is the hardest part of the job, but quite manageable as I've had 5 years of experience there in a medical ward which consists of 5 discipline, Gastro, Endo, DIM, Rhuemato and Psychiatric. The most enjoyed is the teamwork and the thank yous, appreciations and blessings from the patients.

Pros

Fun, Teamwork, Appreciations.

Cons

Long hours, Teamwork in ganging up against the innocent sometimes.

Excellent company

Grateful for the job and the working environment, my first and only job for the past 10 years. I am very interested to explore other jobs as persuading my dream if there's an opportunity.

Pros

Good medical benefits

Cons

Workload heavy

productive and learn more

I have learned many things about nursing procedures and nursing practices of Singapore . Management was very supportive always. co-workers are very friendly.

Singapore General Hospital provide challenging and family-friendly work environment with enormous scope and opportunities for career advancement

>I worked at the Emergency Department; wherein, i am assigned to different areas every shift like critical care, ambulatory area or observation ward.>I learned that feedback and recommendations from the patients and the public has placed a great value on the way the department imposed it's policies, new processes or procedures.> Management value the energy, enthusiasm and creativity of their staff. They are committed to investing and developing them, and they recognize and reward them for their contributions.> Some colleagues are difficult people, they have different perceptions on things; yet, can be easily work out. On the other hand, majority of them are cooperative, hard- working, and i have i high regard and respect on them.> Working in this institution is really demanding because the influx of patients in our Emergency Department is overwhelming. In addition, there is no solid processes to follow, they always tend to change things every now and then.> The most rewarding part of working here is the recognition they extend to each staff who deserves one. They offer reasonable compensation that we get to enjoy at times, like salary bonuses, vouchers, gifts etc.

Pros

meal allowances, medical subsidies, salary bonuses

Cons

demanding work, physical exhaustion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Singapore General Hospital