Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse15 reviews
Singapore15 reviews

Stressful environment, good opportunity to learn as exposure is great.

The turnover in my department was really high, new staff are not supported. If you are willing to suck it up and stay, you will learn a lot. You will become a better nurse for sure but probably a jaded, burnt out one.

Pros

good pay

Cons

short breaks, overworking people

Looking for staff nurse job

I have working experience for 4 years in medical ward. I'm willing to any kind of discipline. During working period I'm went for course and training. I'm guide students.

stressful

Due to manpower shortage, nurses are often overworked, which would lead to burn out and increasing medical leave, which creates the continual vicious cycle of manpower shortage.

Pros

job security

Cons

long hours with no overtime pay

Productive workplace

I was able to upgrade myself in SGH as i learned more about the area i’m specialised in, which is Plastic Surgery & Eye. However, when i wanted to upgrade myself further by studying Degree, i was not able to balance my shift work life with my student life as there were days i end work much later than expected.

Pros

Shift work hours

Cons

Tends to work overtime almost everyday.

na

Benefit wise, SGH is good, but the workload is tough. It is challenging to work in the wards, but you will learn a lot. They give more benefits to local despite the same workload with foreigners. Promotion for local is fast, for foreigners are very slow

High workload

less work/life balance. lesser staff. long working hours. high work load that the actual JD. good place for experience but must be prepared for the challenges ahead.

Cons

high workload

Fast paced

Flexible working hours I learned to be independent and work in a very fast pace environment Management is good, opportunities to progress Workplace culture: Priority is given to patients more than the stuff Hardest part of the job is, the working hours, Most enjoyable part of the job is patients and colleagues.

Best quality care

Best quality care Provides training for career development Upgrading staff Good management Safe environment Regular audits for a consistent quality care Patient safety first

Pros

Good management

productive

flagship hospital of the country. big tertiary hospital. provide high standard service to patients and families. high standards to customer service.provide best education to staff to update knowledge and skills.

Challenging yet fulfilling

- typical day consisted of routines of nursing care. - I learned on the job that there is no end to learning. - management is relatively helpful, but different managers have different management styles. - enjoyed the fulfilment when patients discharge home safely

Pros

Good salary and work life balance

good pay

nurse patients post-operatively. Prepared for any events (crash, CPR, hypo/hypertensive crisis, hypoglycemia, shock etc). managers can be quite intimidating. most colleagues are friendly. hardest part is the special assignments (in-charge nurse etc.), arranging ward bed for patients.

Pros

go back on time

Cons

fast-paced, stressful environment

great experience

- Acute setting In-charge Nurse, patient care management to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients specially with Renal condition and undergoing Renal replacement therapy with collaboration with other medical profession. Rotated in a Multidisciplinary area including Medical, Surgical, and Rehabilitation ward as a competent charge Nurse. Performed variety of procedure, medication administration, IV therapy, and monitor patient progress. Develop discharge plan and maintain charts and documentation. Provide coordinated & effective nursing care, patient/family health & nutrition education, demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills to supervise junior staff.

Largerst in Singapore , 2nd largest hospital in Asia

1500 bed capacity hospital with international standard JCI passed. Advanced medical and nursing management Committed to providing healthcare to all people local and international clients

Nursing Skills Expertise

Caring Patient's Nursing Skills Fantastic Team Work as a Team Difficult Patient Rewarding job

Pros

Vacation

Cons

late shift work

productive workplace with good teamwork

-sending patients for different types of procedure - I have learnt to work in teams and helping colleagues. - I have also learnt time-management is important with serving medications and attending to patient's needs (eg. attending call bells). - Normal patient workload is 1 RN in-charge and AN to 9 patients - satisfying patients and relatives is hardest part of the job - Bed- side Patient care (eg. dressing to the surgical wound) and anything related to building rapport with my patients are my enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

good staff welfare

Cons

heavy workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Singapore General Hospital Reviews by Location