Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews for Senior Staff Nurse

The most enjoyable part of the job is team work. To survive a busy shift in ICU requires a good team work spirit. During a busy admission in ICU is so important to have lots of help from everyone.
Take over reports, attending doctors rounds and carry out orders. Serving medications and supervise junior nurses, assisting procedures. Discharges and writing reports. Worked with colleagues with different nationalities is really enjoyable. Hardest part in workplace that explaining the prognosis of DIL patients condition to their relatives.
I don’t like the fact that the management promotes staff based on their liking. They are very personal to people and will only promote the person if the person is a yes man. The salary is not equivalent to workload. So many patients yet less pay. I find it ridiculous that you can only wear pure black shoes. I don’t think nursing care will be affected if your wear coloured shifts. Patients and relatives tend to be very rude too. And the management will always side the patient and relatives. They will always blame the staffs and put them at fault. The old people still rule the whole place. Overall, bad place to work. Unhappy environment. Bad culture.
Pros
bonus twice a year
Cons
Blaming culture.
I have great experience in total, they provide traininngs, seminars and other talks to update our knowledge and skills.I have learned to adopt different cultures and languages and understand them more in our daily dealings with our patients and co-workers. I have also learned to manage my time and prioritizing my work with the help of my Seniors and colleagues.We were trained to have a team work in our daily routines and appreciate each other even by simply saying "Thank You for today"The most interesting part of this job is dealing our patients in a holistic way considering our cultural differences and up bringing. But at the end of the day we made sure that we get our work done and at the same time building friendship within each other.