Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews for Service Associate

Service Associate13 reviews
Singapore13 reviews

SGH is a GREAT place to work!

However, A&E Department is a place with toxic staff. DO NOT JOIN them as a PSA at A&E (toxic staff especially Filipinos and Malaysians). When they work, they will bang their drawers hard, slam their pens on the counter, do not greet you as a colleague. Some of the team leaders behave unprofessionally but being hard to find replacements, such staff are still retained due to their "knowledge" at work. However, do apply for other departments such as SOC, Wards or Non-Clinical Departments like Business Office. They have wonderful staff there. Apply for PSA at A&E at your own peril.

Pros

SGH is an established organisation with sound system in place.

Excellent

Different division pay different starting pay for same entry level. The team of workers are passionate and co operative. Every second at work is really work alone.

Fun place to work

As i worked in SGH in Transplant Ctr for 5 years, I im also crossed trained in different discipline such as - Pre & PostTransplant -Vascular Surgery -Diabetes & Endocrinology -Dermatology -Hematology -Osteoporosis Clinic -Gastro clinic -Liver transplant Clinic

Hectic

Basically Hospital you have to put in your 200% of effort and must be on the go. Assisting Doctors and booking of appointment for the patients. Closing of accounts and tallying the balance. Counter checking the patients report and forms to be submitted to the department.

Pros

medical

Teamwork

Working together and respect each other is very important . Be understanding to staffs need is aslo important. Give and take as well as good health is also play and important part in our job

Pros

Understanding colleagues

Cons

Short of manpower

a day at work

The day at work typically starts with earlybird patients, assisting doctors , counter management and cross deployment .Co workers here are the best you can as for-supportive and fun-loving.

Pros

good location, loveable colleagues

Cons

monthly wages

Fast paced environment

Endless registration for outpatient emergency department as well as admissions to ward. With 3 shifts working for 7 years, I must have enough rest to work full charged for the next day. I have learned to put myself in their shoes as they are not well. Especially for Non Resident of Foreign Residents, they maybe shocked for the admission charges are high. Working in fast pace, with my strong teammates, we did our best to accomplished to clear the admissions. Hardest part of the job is when the waiting time for admission can be more than 1hr. The NOK of patients are also tired, they have arrest the registration counter to expedite. The most enjoyable part is having the team around as family. As team, we always have planned outing together on our off days.

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Long waiting time for consultation or admissions

No comment

Basically the SGH is very good and nice place to work. However I am not very satisfied with my management as I felt there is not an equal attention given to all the staff. There is some favours happening here. I need an happy working environment, however I failed to get it here in call centre.

Pros

no benefit

Cons

management problem

Its a healthcare environment but not a friendly place to work because we are unable to be sick

I learn lots of nursing medical terms The hardest thing about this job is you cannot fall sick even if you do then you are still expected to come. No welfare .

Pros

nil

Cons

no overtime pay only claim hours that are hard to claim

Fun place, friendly colleagues

Working in sgh is overall a good experience. Friendly colleagues, professional Doctors, fast paced work environment. Will be willing to contribute more.

fast paced working environment

Everyday is a busy day. A typical day at work can be very noisy and busy. We can assist about 500 patients on average. I have learned that each and every patients has their own needs. Some can be of a nasty patients while others can be very understanding. Sometimes, I feel that the hardest part of the job is following the doctor's speed. Not only I have to do the paper work but also change the paper sheet after every patient after each examination. Lastly, I love the job because of my friends I meet. And some patients are nice and they put a smile on my face and so will I.

Pros

Some occasions, Doctors will give us a treat

Cons

Unfairness in deligating of workload.

Good Environment

5 days work in a week and one Saturday in a month. Everyday is a learning process for me. I am the one and only PSA (Patient Service Associate) so I will go around or call help from other clinic staff if I encounter difficulties about the cashiering or updating patients details.

Pros

Free lunches at least once a month, 2.5 bonuses in a year exclude 13mth bonuses

Cons

Salary slightly low

Good working collegues

Team work importance. good communication skill is important too. jovial fun loving colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Singapore General Hospital Reviews by Location