Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Management reviews

Due to manpower shortage, nurses are often overworked, which would lead to burn out and increasing medical leave, which creates the continual vicious cycle of manpower shortage.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours with no overtime pay
Management very bias, promotion is not based on merit. People tend to push responsibilities away and nothing is done. Bureaucratic hierarchy, no autonomy is given.
I don’t like the fact that the management promotes staff based on their liking. They are very personal to people and will only promote the person if the person is a yes man. The salary is not equivalent to workload. So many patients yet less pay. I find it ridiculous that you can only wear pure black shoes. I don’t think nursing care will be affected if your wear coloured shifts. Patients and relatives tend to be very rude too. And the management will always side the patient and relatives. They will always blame the staffs and put them at fault. The old people still rule the whole place. Overall, bad place to work. Unhappy environment. Bad culture.
Pros
bonus twice a year
Cons
Blaming culture.
*SGH ED sees an average of 300 to 500 patients a day, its always busy but teamwork has always been the key to treat patient promptly which is our utmost priority *I have learned Emergency Nursing skills including management of patients in Emergency Cardiac Care Unit *Management is doing their best to treat all the employee fairly and give importance on employee's professional growth *Dealing with multiple nursing task lists *Witnessing how my patients improve with the prompt intervention rendered in ED
The day at work typically starts with earlybird patients, assisting doctors , counter management and cross deployment .Co workers here are the best you can as for-supportive and fun-loving.
Pros
good location, loveable colleagues
Cons
monthly wages
Flexible working hours I learned to be independent and work in a very fast pace environment Management is good, opportunities to progress Workplace culture: Priority is given to patients more than the stuff Hardest part of the job is, the working hours, Most enjoyable part of the job is patients and colleagues.
Best quality care Provides training for career development Upgrading staff Good management Safe environment Regular audits for a consistent quality care Patient safety first
Pros
Good management
Cons
Basically the SGH is very good and nice place to work. However I am not very satisfied with my management as I felt there is not an equal attention given to all the staff. There is some favours happening here. I need an happy working environment, however I failed to get it here in call centre.
Pros
no benefit
Cons
management problem
- typical day consisted of routines of nursing care. - I learned on the job that there is no end to learning. - management is relatively helpful, but different managers have different management styles. - enjoyed the fulfilment when patients discharge home safely
Pros
Good salary and work life balance
Operations executives responsibilities are to oversee day to day operations and coordination of mandatory and requested services by the clients for a seamless operations and delivery of quality services by the contractors.
Pros
Challenges face give you opportunities to learn, Help train your management skills to direct the team to achieve the common goals
Cons
Require alot of ad hoc planning, High demand in customer service.
- Acute setting In-charge Nurse, patient care management to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients specially with Renal condition and undergoing Renal replacement therapy with collaboration with other medical profession. Rotated in a Multidisciplinary area including Medical, Surgical, and Rehabilitation ward as a competent charge Nurse. Performed variety of procedure, medication administration, IV therapy, and monitor patient progress. Develop discharge plan and maintain charts and documentation. Provide coordinated & effective nursing care, patient/family health & nutrition education, demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills to supervise junior staff.
not much career progression, the management is bad. working culture is pretty negative. best part is get to communicate with patients
benefits
Cons
no career progression
1500 bed capacity hospital with international standard JCI passed. Advanced medical and nursing management Committed to providing healthcare to all people local and international clients
Opportunities to learn and share knowledge are plentiful . The management are keen on helping newcomers with the strings of the job. Working hours may be long but the satisfaction of patients' smiles are rewarding
Pros
Decent work-life balance
Cons
Rigid career advancement structure
There are lots of thing learnt from this internship. Learnt a lot about medical social work and etiquettes. The supervisor and the management were very supportive and gave whatever I'm supposedly to learnt during the internship. The engagement with the public and the clients were very challenging but interesting. The staff that I am working with were encouraging and ready to give help whenever required. The internship goes well and have been the most enjoyable because everyone working together.
Pros
It an internship
Cons
It was too short as I was enjoying what I learnt each day and no salary
I have learned many things about nursing procedures and nursing practices of Singapore . Management was very supportive always. co-workers are very friendly.
I worked as a health attendant assisting doctor's requests such as attending to patients needs, sending of documents and specimens to designated places etc. I have learned that committing myself in such industry requires massive tolerance and patience towards their high demands. It also requires me to portray a lot of extra care and concern towards the patients. In terms of management, there's a lot of teamwork and leadership skills seen in each individual and thus making the workload easier. There was great understanding among my co-workers and i. This enables us to work closely together and create a healthy environment to work in. I believe this is important as it boosts staffs morale and confidence to perform well in their job. Overall, there was great motivation. The hardest part of the job is attending to the various high demands of patients in particular. But this problem is possible to overcome given that I am a very patient person. The most enjoyable part of the job is when our service is being highly appreciated by patients who is under our care.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
Demanding work, requires a lot of physical moves.
I work 5day and alternt sat. I learn to work as a ream. Better communication skills. We learn with better understanig. Face any problem discussed with management. The hard times I face was unable to handle difficate patient. But I enjoy my career. Because we work as a family and happy that make patien also happy.I have work in kkwch for 18years. I work as specialist climic assistant. I love my job very much. Due to personnel problem I have to resign. But now they dont have vacancy. I love to work SCA. This why Im applying for this job. Truely speaking I dont no that I will get this job. Because my age is 60years this nov. Thanks.
Pros
good idea
Cons
no problem
1. A Typical Day At Work: Get report, do walking rounds (verify census, see all pts breathing) 2. What you Learned: I Learned how to do Mulit Task Skills 3. Management: The Management Protects Our Staffs Well 4. Your Co-Workers: My Co-Workers Help Each Other 5. The Hardest Part of The Job: Realizing that no matter how great my nursing care Life is terminal and sometimes the patients I dearly love do not survive.... 6. The Most Enjoyable Part of The Job: The Most Enjoyable Part of The Job is Our Team Work.
Pros
Free Drink
Cons
Long Hours
-sending patients for different types of procedure - I have learnt to work in teams and helping colleagues. - I have also learnt time-management is important with serving medications and attending to patient's needs (eg. attending call bells). - Normal patient workload is 1 RN in-charge and AN to 9 patients - satisfying patients and relatives is hardest part of the job - Bed- side Patient care (eg. dressing to the surgical wound) and anything related to building rapport with my patients are my enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good staff welfare
Cons
heavy workload.
required to see 8-12 patients per day. learnt to have good time management in order to provide effective physiotherapy interventions to patients. Good management of stress is needed as you are required to remain competent. will be audited once or twice in 3-6 months time. hardest part of job is time management. required to assess and treat a patients in every 30 minutes averagely.the most enjoyable part is good team work from colleagues. Each team has to help to cover each other in order to complete workload.It's challenging and yet great learning setting.
Pros
large setting where manage to expose into variety cases.
Cons
extended work hours