Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Salary & Benefits reviews

Benefit wise, SGH is good, but the workload is tough. It is challenging to work in the wards, but you will learn a lot. They give more benefits to local despite the same workload with foreigners. Promotion for local is fast, for foreigners are very slow
I don’t like the fact that the management promotes staff based on their liking. They are very personal to people and will only promote the person if the person is a yes man. The salary is not equivalent to workload. So many patients yet less pay. I find it ridiculous that you can only wear pure black shoes. I don’t think nursing care will be affected if your wear coloured shifts. Patients and relatives tend to be very rude too. And the management will always side the patient and relatives. They will always blame the staffs and put them at fault. The old people still rule the whole place. Overall, bad place to work. Unhappy environment. Bad culture.
Pros
bonus twice a year
Cons
Blaming culture.
A place where merit is recognised and promotions are given to those whom are deserving. Team based work area. Most enjoyable would be working hand in hand with colleagues for patients well being.Most hardest would be the working hours as well as the workload.
Pros
Free health screenings
Cons
Fast paced and busy work days. Decent benefits and salaries. Could include better training and guidances, but generally helpful colleagues and good facilities.
Worked here for 6 years lots of friendly co workers Competitive salary and benefits. Offers housing allowance and free trainings Fun and managers are very competitive
Pros
Friendly co workers and managers
Cons
Pressure lots of overtime
- typical day consisted of routines of nursing care. - I learned on the job that there is no end to learning. - management is relatively helpful, but different managers have different management styles. - enjoyed the fulfilment when patients discharge home safely
Pros
Good salary and work life balance
I learn lots of nursing medical terms The hardest thing about this job is you cannot fall sick even if you do then you are still expected to come. No welfare .
Pros
nil
Cons
no overtime pay only claim hours that are hard to claim
Singapore is a good city with lots of amazing places over there and people over there are also good they dont interfere in each other work and the community people is also good
It was a good opportunity to be part of Singapore General Hospital. I have gained and enhanced my knowledge and skills in Pharmacy line. SGH provides good benefits for the employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful environment
Grateful for the job and the working environment, my first and only job for the past 10 years. I am very interested to explore other jobs as persuading my dream if there's an opportunity.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Workload heavy
A stable and friendly workplace. No office politics and most of the colleagues are willing to offer their help. It's an ideal place for those who looking to retire, the benefits for permanent staff is good, but not for the contract staff.
not much career progression, the management is bad. working culture is pretty negative. best part is get to communicate with patients
benefits
Cons
no career progression
There are lots of thing learnt from this internship. Learnt a lot about medical social work and etiquettes. The supervisor and the management were very supportive and gave whatever I'm supposedly to learnt during the internship. The engagement with the public and the clients were very challenging but interesting. The staff that I am working with were encouraging and ready to give help whenever required. The internship goes well and have been the most enjoyable because everyone working together.
Pros
It an internship
Cons
It was too short as I was enjoying what I learnt each day and no salary
I worked as a health attendant assisting doctor's requests such as attending to patients needs, sending of documents and specimens to designated places etc. I have learned that committing myself in such industry requires massive tolerance and patience towards their high demands. It also requires me to portray a lot of extra care and concern towards the patients. In terms of management, there's a lot of teamwork and leadership skills seen in each individual and thus making the workload easier. There was great understanding among my co-workers and i. This enables us to work closely together and create a healthy environment to work in. I believe this is important as it boosts staffs morale and confidence to perform well in their job. Overall, there was great motivation. The hardest part of the job is attending to the various high demands of patients in particular. But this problem is possible to overcome given that I am a very patient person. The most enjoyable part of the job is when our service is being highly appreciated by patients who is under our care.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
Demanding work, requires a lot of physical moves.
5 days work in a week and one Saturday in a month. Everyday is a learning process for me. I am the one and only PSA (Patient Service Associate) so I will go around or call help from other clinic staff if I encounter difficulties about the cashiering or updating patients details.
Pros
Free lunches at least once a month, 2.5 bonuses in a year exclude 13mth bonuses
Cons
Salary slightly low
able to learned with different kinds of autoclave machines and know the surgical intruments
Pros
free meals
Cons
long stading for 8hrs
>I worked at the Emergency Department; wherein, i am assigned to different areas every shift like critical care, ambulatory area or observation ward.>I learned that feedback and recommendations from the patients and the public has placed a great value on the way the department imposed it's policies, new processes or procedures.> Management value the energy, enthusiasm and creativity of their staff. They are committed to investing and developing them, and they recognize and reward them for their contributions.> Some colleagues are difficult people, they have different perceptions on things; yet, can be easily work out. On the other hand, majority of them are cooperative, hard- working, and i have i high regard and respect on them.> Working in this institution is really demanding because the influx of patients in our Emergency Department is overwhelming. In addition, there is no solid processes to follow, they always tend to change things every now and then.> The most rewarding part of working here is the recognition they extend to each staff who deserves one. They offer reasonable compensation that we get to enjoy at times, like salary bonuses, vouchers, gifts etc.
Pros
meal allowances, medical subsidies, salary bonuses
Cons
demanding work, physical exhaustion