Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job is team work. To survive a busy shift in ICU requires a good team work spirit. During a busy admission in ICU is so important to have lots of help from everyone.
Overall a great place to work. Certain dept have better worklife balance than others. Very slow career progression. As its a big company, there are alot of red tapes for any initiative.
Great place to work at, busy and constantly being challenged. There is never a dull moment. Colleagues are great although due to legacy, you need to be sensitive of the unwritten 'rules'.
The day at work typically starts with earlybird patients, assisting doctors , counter management and cross deployment .Co workers here are the best you can as for-supportive and fun-loving.
Pros
good location, loveable colleagues
Cons
monthly wages
Your review nonsense is really getting on my nerves. Do I really have to write all this? You are definitely wasting my time. There, I reached 150.
This is a hospital catered for foreign talents, Singaporean lower class like healthcare attendants and healthcare assistants is always a easy targets of bullies to these FTs like the Filipina senior staff nurse in ward 46.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Politics
Benefit wise, SGH is good, but the workload is tough. It is challenging to work in the wards, but you will learn a lot. They give more benefits to local despite the same workload with foreigners. Promotion for local is fast, for foreigners are very slow
I enjoy interacting, empowering the parents to take care of their infants. I truly love having such privilege to be nursing these newborn babies, and assisting mothers to adjust with breastfeeding, bathing and care for baby. My nurse manager always open the opportunities to further studies, and I am thankful for that. Due to family commitments, and the need for office hours, the shift hours is the hardest part of this job. Given my experience in the wards, I hope to explore other aspects of healthcare as well. Hence, I need to find a new job in the healthcare industry which is able to allow me to work office hours.
Cons
Shift Work
Performed various other duties such as internal auditing of case notes, on the job training of clinical coders regarding Australian Coding Standards and Singapore Coding Directives. Participated in relevant courses and educational sessions. Loved my time here.
less work/life balance. lesser staff. long working hours. high work load that the actual JD. good place for experience but must be prepared for the challenges ahead.
Cons
high workload
A place where merit is recognised and promotions are given to those whom are deserving. Team based work area. Most enjoyable would be working hand in hand with colleagues for patients well being.Most hardest would be the working hours as well as the workload.
Pros
Free health screenings
Cons
The typical day includes picking and packing of medications, dispensing medications under pharmacist supervision, topping up medication stocks, did ward top-up, handled registration and etc. I have learned a lot there which helps with my school work and for my own study. The people there are very nice and helpful. Made a lot of friends during the short period of time I was there.
Flexible working hours I learned to be independent and work in a very fast pace environment Management is good, opportunities to progress Workplace culture: Priority is given to patients more than the stuff Hardest part of the job is, the working hours, Most enjoyable part of the job is patients and colleagues.
Best quality care Provides training for career development Upgrading staff Good management Safe environment Regular audits for a consistent quality care Patient safety first
Pros
Good management
Cons
I have great experience in total, they provide traininngs, seminars and other talks to update our knowledge and skills.I have learned to adopt different cultures and languages and understand them more in our daily dealings with our patients and co-workers. I have also learned to manage my time and prioritizing my work with the help of my Seniors and colleagues.We were trained to have a team work in our daily routines and appreciate each other even by simply saying "Thank You for today"The most interesting part of this job is dealing our patients in a holistic way considering our cultural differences and up bringing. But at the end of the day we made sure that we get our work done and at the same time building friendship within each other.
All employees are been well-taken care of. Work-life balance, study opportunity, promotions, management and working environment are available and healthy.
Pros
Healthy working environment
Cons
Many rules and regulations
I learned about the culture of Singapore. It was a challenging experience since many of the patients don't speak English, nevertheless surpassed the challenge in flying colors. I was appreciated a lot by the doctors, students ( medical and nursing ). I shared with them what I've learned from my previous workplaces.
Pros
great team
Cons
language barrier
Fast paced and busy work days. Decent benefits and salaries. Could include better training and guidances, but generally helpful colleagues and good facilities.
Endless registration for outpatient emergency department as well as admissions to ward. With 3 shifts working for 7 years, I must have enough rest to work full charged for the next day. I have learned to put myself in their shoes as they are not well. Especially for Non Resident of Foreign Residents, they maybe shocked for the admission charges are high. Working in fast pace, with my strong teammates, we did our best to accomplished to clear the admissions. Hardest part of the job is when the waiting time for admission can be more than 1hr. The NOK of patients are also tired, they have arrest the registration counter to expedite. The most enjoyable part is having the team around as family. As team, we always have planned outing together on our off days.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Long waiting time for consultation or admissions
This hospital jcia accredited 1700 bedded hospital,good environment,good communication,more specialties,and trainning hospital,providing quality care to a wide variety of patients,
Basically the SGH is very good and nice place to work. However I am not very satisfied with my management as I felt there is not an equal attention given to all the staff. There is some favours happening here. I need an happy working environment, however I failed to get it here in call centre.
Pros
no benefit
Cons
management problem