Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job is team work. To survive a busy shift in ICU requires a good team work spirit. During a busy admission in ICU is so important to have lots of help from everyone.
I feel satisfied when i see the patience of me able to movelize and improvement to walk again. I always happy to help and assist. It really make me satisfied of my work
Pros
Fulltime
Cons
Office Hours
The work place is conductive to learn and grow as a person and career. I meet good team mates and supervisor who help me to grow professional and personally.
Worked here for 6 years lots of friendly co workers Competitive salary and benefits. Offers housing allowance and free trainings Fun and managers are very competitive
Pros
Friendly co workers and managers
Cons
Pressure lots of overtime
Fun to work at times. Dealing with unreasonable,difficult, demanding and violent people is the hardest part of the job, but quite manageable as I've had 5 years of experience there in a medical ward which consists of 5 discipline, Gastro, Endo, DIM, Rhuemato and Psychiatric. The most enjoyed is the teamwork and the thank yous, appreciations and blessings from the patients.
Pros
Fun, Teamwork, Appreciations.
Cons
Long hours, Teamwork in ganging up against the innocent sometimes.
flagship hospital of the country. big tertiary hospital. provide high standard service to patients and families. high standards to customer service.provide best education to staff to update knowledge and skills.
- typical day consisted of routines of nursing care. - I learned on the job that there is no end to learning. - management is relatively helpful, but different managers have different management styles. - enjoyed the fulfilment when patients discharge home safely
Pros
Good salary and work life balance
I learn lots of nursing medical terms The hardest thing about this job is you cannot fall sick even if you do then you are still expected to come. No welfare .
Pros
nil
Cons
no overtime pay only claim hours that are hard to claim
Good hospital for patients with professional staff. Far away from house. Unable to support my shift requirements. Currently three shifts duty required for most of the staff.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Far from my house
Singapore is a good city with lots of amazing places over there and people over there are also good they dont interfere in each other work and the community people is also good
Shift arrangements are just nice for staff. Location is central which is very convenient. The institute is expanding thus more opportunity for new hires.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Poor welfare
Operations executives responsibilities are to oversee day to day operations and coordination of mandatory and requested services by the clients for a seamless operations and delivery of quality services by the contractors.
Pros
Challenges face give you opportunities to learn, Help train your management skills to direct the team to achieve the common goals
Cons
Require alot of ad hoc planning, High demand in customer service.
It is meaningful to work in a Healthcare setting. You work with doctors & nurses to bring about better patient care, but fellow colleagues you work with can be nasty with their personal biases & wicked agenda, politicising the work that should be for the benefit of patients.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
Nasty insecure colleagues with wicked agenda
It was a good opportunity to be part of Singapore General Hospital. I have gained and enhanced my knowledge and skills in Pharmacy line. SGH provides good benefits for the employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful environment
Busy work but senior was good. Willing to teach and patience. Help each others if we need help. Midnight shift is the most tiring but because the colleagues was amazing, we never felt tired.
Definitely worth a try for fresh polytechnic graduates who do not wish to further studies at university. Great work-life balance. Can't say enough good things about Business Office.
nurse patients post-operatively. Prepared for any events (crash, CPR, hypo/hypertensive crisis, hypoglycemia, shock etc). managers can be quite intimidating. most colleagues are friendly. hardest part is the special assignments (in-charge nurse etc.), arranging ward bed for patients.
Pros
go back on time
Cons
fast-paced, stressful environment
Grateful for the job and the working environment, my first and only job for the past 10 years. I am very interested to explore other jobs as persuading my dream if there's an opportunity.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Workload heavy
It was a fun workplace with helpful and caring colleagues. The doctors in my department were friendly and caring too. Working with them was a joy.
- Acute setting In-charge Nurse, patient care management to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients specially with Renal condition and undergoing Renal replacement therapy with collaboration with other medical profession. Rotated in a Multidisciplinary area including Medical, Surgical, and Rehabilitation ward as a competent charge Nurse. Performed variety of procedure, medication administration, IV therapy, and monitor patient progress. Develop discharge plan and maintain charts and documentation. Provide coordinated & effective nursing care, patient/family health & nutrition education, demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills to supervise junior staff.
A stable and friendly workplace. No office politics and most of the colleagues are willing to offer their help. It's an ideal place for those who looking to retire, the benefits for permanent staff is good, but not for the contract staff.