Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job is team work. To survive a busy shift in ICU requires a good team work spirit. During a busy admission in ICU is so important to have lots of help from everyone.
not much career progression, the management is bad. working culture is pretty negative. best part is get to communicate with patients
benefits
Cons
no career progression
a lot of things to be learned. Superiors are knowledgable and willing to teach. Colleagues are easy to get along and helpful.Working hours are flexible.
I have gained a lot of friends from this company and remained my friends eventhough I am not working there anymore.A lot of different people you will meet.
1500 bed capacity hospital with international standard JCI passed. Advanced medical and nursing management Committed to providing healthcare to all people local and international clients
Good employers with friendly working environment who are understanding and easy going. I appreciate the help and guidance while i was working there.
Opportunities to learn and share knowledge are plentiful . The management are keen on helping newcomers with the strings of the job. Working hours may be long but the satisfaction of patients' smiles are rewarding
Pros
Decent work-life balance
Cons
Rigid career advancement structure
• Liaison between with Investigators (doctors), Industry Partners, hospital and regulatory authorizing bodies • Conduct Clinical Projects in accordance to Protocol and hospital and regulatory requirements • Prepare hospital site for study audit by External Auditors and Pharmaceutical companies Monitors
Pros
Driven Boss and wonderful supervisors
Working in sgh is overall a good experience. Friendly colleagues, professional Doctors, fast paced work environment. Will be willing to contribute more.
There are lots of thing learnt from this internship. Learnt a lot about medical social work and etiquettes. The supervisor and the management were very supportive and gave whatever I'm supposedly to learnt during the internship. The engagement with the public and the clients were very challenging but interesting. The staff that I am working with were encouraging and ready to give help whenever required. The internship goes well and have been the most enjoyable because everyone working together.
Pros
It an internship
Cons
It was too short as I was enjoying what I learnt each day and no salary
I have learned many things about nursing procedures and nursing practices of Singapore . Management was very supportive always. co-workers are very friendly.
Everyday is a busy day. A typical day at work can be very noisy and busy. We can assist about 500 patients on average. I have learned that each and every patients has their own needs. Some can be of a nasty patients while others can be very understanding. Sometimes, I feel that the hardest part of the job is following the doctor's speed. Not only I have to do the paper work but also change the paper sheet after every patient after each examination. Lastly, I love the job because of my friends I meet. And some patients are nice and they put a smile on my face and so will I.
Pros
Some occasions, Doctors will give us a treat
Cons
Unfairness in deligating of workload.
In my time here, I have learned to manage and understand the members of public and their issues to better manage them through their behaviours and characters. The enjoyable part of the job is the colleague and supervisors who I work closely with and have a better understanding on how to work together to improve. However, the hardest part was to bring part of the negativity home after handling some bad feedbacks.
Pros
great colleagues and working environment
Cons
Demanding members of public
I worked as a health attendant assisting doctor's requests such as attending to patients needs, sending of documents and specimens to designated places etc. I have learned that committing myself in such industry requires massive tolerance and patience towards their high demands. It also requires me to portray a lot of extra care and concern towards the patients. In terms of management, there's a lot of teamwork and leadership skills seen in each individual and thus making the workload easier. There was great understanding among my co-workers and i. This enables us to work closely together and create a healthy environment to work in. I believe this is important as it boosts staffs morale and confidence to perform well in their job. Overall, there was great motivation. The hardest part of the job is attending to the various high demands of patients in particular. But this problem is possible to overcome given that I am a very patient person. The most enjoyable part of the job is when our service is being highly appreciated by patients who is under our care.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
Demanding work, requires a lot of physical moves.
I work 5day and alternt sat. I learn to work as a ream. Better communication skills. We learn with better understanig. Face any problem discussed with management. The hard times I face was unable to handle difficate patient. But I enjoy my career. Because we work as a family and happy that make patien also happy.I have work in kkwch for 18years. I work as specialist climic assistant. I love my job very much. Due to personnel problem I have to resign. But now they dont have vacancy. I love to work SCA. This why Im applying for this job. Truely speaking I dont no that I will get this job. Because my age is 60years this nov. Thanks.
Pros
good idea
Cons
no problem
Handling a lot of in patient who are not well . However I have a lot patience and understand the needs of my responsibilities. I have good rapport with my team and the patience.
I learned many things at SGH, everyone there are friendly and duing my first day of wok, they welcome me joyfully . They were all excited that they keep talking and asking me many questions , some keep gaving me compliments and lighten up my day :) it was a 1 year contract but i bhad a lot of fun though. But i wanna try working in a different enviroment now:)
Typical hospital setting with lots of nice staff. Do not really care about staff well being as the workload is too much. Typical day at work would be to set up analyzer ie. maintenance, cal qc. run patient samples. On different day you would be roster to different station or analyzer.
A day at work entails dealing with the blood samples. We need to process and produce results within the expected time. However that is not all, it is also the daily meeting of some very nice people, the cleaner aunty, the colleagues, sharing of experiences and lots of happy moments as and when it can be afforded. It is a place of learning; cells I have not seen before, or a beguiling haemoglobinopathy result... Night shifts can be very challenging, especially if my partner is a new staff, or any instrument breaks down.
Pros
free consultation from doctors in the lab
Cons
stressful night shifts
1. A Typical Day At Work: Get report, do walking rounds (verify census, see all pts breathing) 2. What you Learned: I Learned how to do Mulit Task Skills 3. Management: The Management Protects Our Staffs Well 4. Your Co-Workers: My Co-Workers Help Each Other 5. The Hardest Part of The Job: Realizing that no matter how great my nursing care Life is terminal and sometimes the patients I dearly love do not survive.... 6. The Most Enjoyable Part of The Job: The Most Enjoyable Part of The Job is Our Team Work.
Pros
Free Drink
Cons
Long Hours
I am able to enhance my nursing skills and master my research skills in SGH. I went though the HSA audit and passed it without any major citations from the HSA auditors. I have been myself to be a highly capable research coordinator. I am involved in the studies' preparatory work. I subsequently oversaw the initiation of the studies as well as the recruitment of patients and the running of the studies.
Pros
Able to learn a lot
Cons
Stressful