Singapore General Hospital

Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job is team work. To survive a busy shift in ICU requires a good team work spirit. During a busy admission in ICU is so important to have lots of help from everyone.
The job is more on operating the automation machines that will serve the admitted patients. Lesser work-life balance, since we may work 13-14 days straight in most of the schedule. Our night shift is 13.5 hours per night in 7 nights straight. It is indeed a learning institution. As one of the seniors in our department, I am In-charge of the daily operations in the pharmacy. I am one of the trainers to new staffs. I also learn how to amend discrepancies when it comes to charging/billing to patients. We are also knowledgeable in dispensing to patients.
5 days work in a week and one Saturday in a month. Everyday is a learning process for me. I am the one and only PSA (Patient Service Associate) so I will go around or call help from other clinic staff if I encounter difficulties about the cashiering or updating patients details.
Pros
Free lunches at least once a month, 2.5 bonuses in a year exclude 13mth bonuses
Cons
Salary slightly low
You find that you make a difference in someone's life. However, your patients will keep dying on you.
Team work importance. good communication skill is important too. jovial fun loving colleagues
Prepare theatre for operation, house keeping for daily work. I learned from this job is how to make sure patient's and other's safety during operation or transporting. All the staffs would like to work as a team special for big case. The hardest part of the job is how to position the patient. Enjoyable part of the job is happy lunch time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
spend a lot of strength
Caring Patient's Nursing Skills Fantastic Team Work as a Team Difficult Patient Rewarding job
Pros
Vacation
Cons
late shift work
I have learned to manage project and interact with internal and external clients. Colleagues seldom to communicate with each other as we are very busy and focus on the internal and external clients within the hospital. The difficult part of the job is too much paper works, the most enjoyable part is the work life balance, a time for work and a time of our own family.
-sending patients for different types of procedure - I have learnt to work in teams and helping colleagues. - I have also learnt time-management is important with serving medications and attending to patient's needs (eg. attending call bells). - Normal patient workload is 1 RN in-charge and AN to 9 patients - satisfying patients and relatives is hardest part of the job - Bed- side Patient care (eg. dressing to the surgical wound) and anything related to building rapport with my patients are my enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good staff welfare
Cons
heavy workload.
Challenging, great amount of patient loads,multitasking and teamwork.
able to learned with different kinds of autoclave machines and know the surgical intruments
Pros
free meals
Cons
long stading for 8hrs
We will need to attend to the patients and be able to speak different languages to the elderly, We need to have compassion to serve in order to understand the patient and their family members.
Pros
Work Life Balance Events
Cons
Not much
Provide medical nutrition therapy to patients under different disciplines e.g. medical, surgical, cardiology, orthopaedic, renal, rehab, gastro, oncology, neurology & endocrinology. Conducting public talk as required.
Pros
good co-worker
Cons
burdens at work
required to see 8-12 patients per day. learnt to have good time management in order to provide effective physiotherapy interventions to patients. Good management of stress is needed as you are required to remain competent. will be audited once or twice in 3-6 months time. hardest part of job is time management. required to assess and treat a patients in every 30 minutes averagely.the most enjoyable part is good team work from colleagues. Each team has to help to cover each other in order to complete workload.It's challenging and yet great learning setting.
Pros
large setting where manage to expose into variety cases.
Cons
extended work hours
Working in public sector of Singapore is like... it is a corporatized public organization. It's like working in MNCs, while you get a bonus every year according to team performance. It is really inspiring how working can possibly be like
Stable company, but no staff interaction. They always focus on works don't have any chance to go out togethter to chill and get to know well each other.
>I worked at the Emergency Department; wherein, i am assigned to different areas every shift like critical care, ambulatory area or observation ward.>I learned that feedback and recommendations from the patients and the public has placed a great value on the way the department imposed it's policies, new processes or procedures.> Management value the energy, enthusiasm and creativity of their staff. They are committed to investing and developing them, and they recognize and reward them for their contributions.> Some colleagues are difficult people, they have different perceptions on things; yet, can be easily work out. On the other hand, majority of them are cooperative, hard- working, and i have i high regard and respect on them.> Working in this institution is really demanding because the influx of patients in our Emergency Department is overwhelming. In addition, there is no solid processes to follow, they always tend to change things every now and then.> The most rewarding part of working here is the recognition they extend to each staff who deserves one. They offer reasonable compensation that we get to enjoy at times, like salary bonuses, vouchers, gifts etc.
Pros
meal allowances, medical subsidies, salary bonuses
Cons
demanding work, physical exhaustion
My first job in patient care. I was assigned at Geriatric Ward. I love working with the seniors though challenging.
Pros
gained experience on patient care
Cons
tiring