Singapore Institute of Management

Singapore Institute of Management Employee Reviews

Very good culture

The place is full of vibrant . Great colleagues with good friendship establish . Good Management with leadership . Benefits are great with facilities available

Collaborative workplace

There is autonomy at work. People will not keep tab on you all the time to make sure you are deskbound or micromanage you. Working with lecturers is pleasant as they are all matured adults. Environment is friendly: people do complain sometimes but they are not toxic. Manager may be aloof but directors are aware of the situations. There is decent promotion at work. Overall, a conducive and easy to manage work environment.

Result oriented

A workplace that focusing on teamwork. Roles and function are defined clearly with guidance given. Structured training opportunities are the KPI of each staff. Highly motivated team to work together .

Fun place and competitive at the same time

For starters, they can join the organisation to learn and gain more experience. Fun place to work in and competitive too. Staffs are friendly and enjoyable.

Good learning experience

This job gave me good opportunity to learn overall managerial skills to assist in the department with administration, procurement and budget control..

A quite routine work environment

a) Co-ordinate M&E maintenance services and manage the day to day operation as per the scope of services. b) Monitor predictive and preventive maintenance programme. c) Respond to emergency, operational recovery and minor repairs. d) Manage in house M&E contractor for operation and repair work. e) Prepare documentation of activities, costing, recommendation, technical assessment.

flexble

good working environment good boss good facilities

The company has good workplace culture and provides ample training for staff

the company is one of the leading tertiary institution in Singapore. However, it has to stay competitive and relevant. There so many universities now providing massive online courses cheaper than what traditional universities are providing.

Review of Singapore Institute of Management

A typical day at work would answering emails, making calls, setting appointments and meeting up with clients to provide training solutions to SMEs and MNCs companies who seek to increase their productivity at work and in the long run generate more revenue for the company. What I learned about the job is to be persistent. Sales is not an easy job. You face a lot of rejections but if you let this stop you from achieving your goals then you are the one at a loosing end. Like many other organisations out there, the management in terms of decision making is from top to bottom. In terms of their qualities, I would say that they are authoritarian. I would say that hardest part of the job is not being able to meet your target on a yearly basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by supportive colleagues and a work-life balance.

Pros

so many celebrations, free lunches, staff engaging activities

Productive and fun workplace

SIM is a place where I was able to learn more about the education industry. There is also work-life balance as working hours were normal office hours. The only times whereby I had to work outside office hours was when I was involved in events, which were usually twice a year.

Private Institute, therefore is more careful with income and expenses

Work with young undergraduates who are mostly young driven and passionate. Structure is lean and staff should be flexible to handle tasks which may not be too specific.

Pros

Work with young undergraduates who are mostly young driven and passionate.

Cons

Need lots of hand holding for the undergraduates

Meaningful work

I enjoy doing what I am doing because I get to help students get a headstart in their job search. However, the culture of the management is very old-school. Staff may work hard and produce results but when it comes to career progression, it is very tough.

Pros

Good performance bonuses

Cons

No career progression mapped out for staff by HOD

Great for honing admin skills

Great for honing admin skills Good for entry level candidates Good people environment Good mix of non desk bound duties e.g. events Good benefits package

Meaningful work

It is most satisfying to be appreciated by students - when they can tell the hard work you put in, your genuine concern for them, and they enjoy the lessons and learnt how to apply the knowledge in life etc.

Relaxed Work Environment

The job scope for the position was simple and clear-cut. As a Student Learning Assistant (SLA), I facilitated daily operations of Student Learning Centre (SLC) and provided front-line customer service to current and prospective students who enquire regarding programs and workshops offered in the SLC. In addition, I handled administrative duties such as data entry of feedback forms, photocopying of educational resource materials and printing of workshop collateral.

Good colleagues and good working environment

My colleagues are helpful and cheerful people. We are always willing to help one another whenever we faced challenges.

Pros

Many activities to participate

Cons

Long working hours

Workplace that provides opportunities with a fun working environment

1. My most enjoyable and memorable part of my job are: - The ability to make a positive impact on students' educational decisions and be part of their personal and leadership development - Visits from graduands and alumni from time to time. - Enjoyed the camaraderie of being part of a team 2. A typical day at work: I fulfill various tasks which includes planning of event itineraries, curate marketing collaterals, develop training materials as well as overseeing 2 team members. In addition to the above, other administrative duties includes answering phonecalls, drafting documents and emails as well as resolving customer's issues. 3. The hardest part of the job: Motivating and managing team members in the planning and completion of projects and ensuring that they are within the budget allocated. 4. What have I learnt: - Project and event management skills - Effective communication and presentation skills - Effective people management skills - Life Lessons such as being more independent, persistent and confident 5. My Co-Workers: We learned new skills and solve problems as a team with everyone putting in the effort in moving towards the team' s objectives. 6. Management: - Adopts an open culture where staff trust and respect one another. - Embraced changes while actively seek ways to innovate, learn and work together as a team. - Family- Oriented

Pros

Biannual and Quarterly lunches, Fruits day

Cons

Limited career progression

Productive and fun workplace

Of course the job is petty routine. But it can be fun with a hyped up environment. Colleagues are always standing by to provide you with a helping hand. Time passes really fast as you're occupied with work.

Productive and Friendly

This is the company I learn the most things, I would said I started learning about office admin from here. I learn from the basic till I am fingertips in every step of the process.

Pros

Good Benifit

Cons

Low Pay

Marketing duties

It was a good experience learning how to manage and maintain relationship with alumni

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Institute of Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Singapore Institute of Management Reviews by Location

• Singapore Institute of Management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?