Singapore National Eye Centre

Singapore National Eye Centre Employee Reviews

During my employment, in addition of having receiving good training in assisting eye surgery, the fast-paced environment pushes my limits and spurred me to work in a more efficient way than i ever did before.
Pros
Great mentors.
Cons
Minimal interaction time with patients.
A typical day at work - tiring and challenging Learnt to manage and overcome challenges by demanding surgeons but most fulfilling part is the patient safety is not compromised Most enjoyable part is everyone is like a family and work cohesively together
Do not trust your manager because they cannot keep secrets. The staff politics is very bad. Even if you do not share anything or a quiet person, but once you did just one mistakes everyone will know. the good thing about snec is the bonus, but it also depend on your performance.
Pros
high binus
Cons
poor mangement, staff politics
A very stable job but lacks opportunities for growth . Location is at town . Accessible by public transport . A good work place to settle down at. Not recommended for people who want to grow in terms of career.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Office politics and seniority biased
Normal office hours job, 0830 to 1730, alternate Saturdays 0800 to 1200. Learned to conduct basic eye test on patients, document the readings on on paper and software. Poor company management, was transfered to different clinics. Senior management was unfair to staffs.
Pros
freebies on nurses day
Cons
poor management
Super busy and fun working place. Management can be improved. Fun loving colleagues and patients. Effort was not paid off. Nice working and productive environment to work in.
The main job was booking of appointment and receptionist. It takes a lot of effort to efficiency as many circumstances require liaison skills between patients and specialists. It was intense but enjoyable at the same time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Singapore National Eye Centre does not look into work life balance. Work timings is always being extended and require to stay back long that intrudes into family time. Management wise takes action a little slow if there is any feedback is given via staffs. Enjoyed attending to patients and NOKs as they are always very understanding even though some challenges were faced.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
SNEC has a good workplace culture, there is team work within the nurses be it part time or full time nurses. It was my first time experiencing such good team work and workplace culture as an agency nurse.
Pros
you never felt alone
We help each other during peak hrs for payment Closing time only done by supervisior when we are done for the day, we called to asked close counter but due to lack of supervisor it take 20-30mins to reach us..
Cons
Long hrs of working, hard to keep healthy, even pay for fitness gym, hardly got time to make it...
Calling patients to convince them to take part in research-for data collection about the eye health in the three major races in Singapore. The patients will be attended to by a specialist eye doctor/ophthalmologist NOT a trainee. Those who agree will come down for a 2.5 to 3hr eye-check that involves various stations manned by medically trained co-workers. Working hours can easily spill over to non-working hours as some patients can only be contacted at night, either through phone calls or house visits. Some patients will be needed to be fetched (to and fro) to the Singapore National Eye Centre. Management will set targets for the team to achieve and I have to ensure they are met, else will have to explain why the attendance is low. Various factors come into play depending on the ethnic group that we are focusing for the particular research. Co-workers, especially those in clinic will want the recruiters to not fill up the appointments to the maximum allowable slots for some reasons such as quality of images captured, long wait involved will make some patients grumpy and even to accommodate certain staff who may take leave during certain periods. The most enjoyable part is dealing with patients, the satisfaction of knowing that my input has made their experience a good one certainly gives me a high that even my colleagues cannot give.
Pros
Fixed lunchtime of almost 1.5hrs(its the break between AM and PM sessions)
Cons
Office gossips, high staff turnover
The job scope for this position was clear-cut. As a Medical Records Officer, I supervised archiving of medical records for off-site storage by conducting quality control and liaising with external vendors. In addition, I handled administrative duties such as data entry of archived records and data maintenance of existing medical records using the SAP System. Despite the simple tasks assigned to this temporary position, the job culture was not encouraging as seen from the high staff turnover rate. The morale of the department is usually low due to the manager’s inability to keep staff motivated.
Cons
Work on Weekends
This is a good place to start out to learn without any experience but soon after you would realize that the growth in the company relevant to you is very little. I've learned a lot about Ophthalmic Imaging but it's a place that I can't stay forever because there isn't much opportunity to rise or climb.
Pros
Medical benefits, a lot of government perks
Cons
Strict holiday leave, low manpower, very high workload amount
Rather rigid management and promotion process. Heavily top-down communication. Limited career advancement. Market stability in Healthcare sector, stable performance bonus and AWS. Prone to disease outbreak / national threats.
poor communication and poor working etiquette among departments. too much politics and biased. No proper documentation if there's any implementation.
Pros
free lunch during occasions
Met all sort of people, characters and behaviors. The hardest part of the job is to face difficult patients and family members. I to calm them down and try to solve the problem that is making them unhappy.
Pros
Training was provided. Understanding management.
Cons
Difficult patients.
It is a challenging job whereby I need to finish the codings within a time frame.
Friendly staff, great environment to work. Learnt a lot from the co workers
Pros
very friendly evironment
Cons
no cons