Singapore Telecommunications Limited

Singapore Telecommunications Limited Employee Reviews

Singapore76 reviews
A typically structured telecommunications company
Singtel is a typical Telecommunications company that is big and job scopes are well defined. Getting things done is typically slower and process driven, compared to a smaller company.
Working has been a great experience
Working has been a great experience. The flexibility to work from home or in the office is great for when emergencies pop up in the day to day life. At work, i feel appreciated and that the work im doing has an impact in the company.encourage employees to work on satisfying projects, if you like something that other teams are working on you can also participate. The culture is very open for innovation and freedom!
Encourage friendships and entertainment work place
*A typical day at work is during network outage
* I newly learn about robotic process automation (RPA).

*Management is well organized with systematic

*Workplace culture is always sharing knowledge generously

*the hardest part in job is convey information from ground level workers/ onsite person to Tier 2 or Second level team with right message for reduce the down time / Outage.

*The most enjoyable part of the job is day by day challenging job. And of course company trip / team building every 3 months once.
Challenging and fun
Working at Singtel is always fast paced and challenging. There is always some amount of fun in Singtel Environment. They always encourage free decision making. Singtel strive hard for work life balance.
In general a nice place to work.
Competent team, clear goal, good work-life balance, most managers are easy to work with.
Excellent culture, systematic way to start new employees up, good benefits.
Na
Management is bad at giving directions and they are clueless about how to lead digital strate I would not recommend anyone to join. Singtel is not a place for people with good ideas and aspirations.
Na
Singtel has good work balance life style. Have good facilities and benefits for staff. Recognised company. But your security lesser than expected unless have a good performance
Most enjoyable part of the job
Working with really intelligent and dedicated colleagues.

The projects that I work on are very interesting which uses the most 'cutting edge' technology - digital has been the buzzword of late.
nice work place
I worked hard and enjoying my job as simple and friendly staff towards my colleagues. they provided high salary with good benefits.
Easy to communicate with the people around me
Pros
easy to go home to my home country
Cons
some locals are not friendly
Good Place to work with excellent work-life balance
Being one of the major leading player in the telco industry in Asia, Singtel has a very good working culture and environment.
My job profile has helped me learn the intricacies of Business decisions and approach any challenge not only from a legal perspective but also apply business considerations and acumen.
Huge organisation with many opportunities but Asian culture
Singtel is huge with many positions out there. It's very diverse since it is so big but at least in my part there's some of what you'd expect in Asian culture - facetime is valued even if not insisted upon for example

A lot of redundant work due to internal processes
Stable job
A good place to work till retirement. Salary, benefits and perks are generally good however do not expect to get a parking lot if you drive, take public transport instead.
Productive and clear-cut
Departments have a concise process to follow and communicate effectively to get work done. Meetings are regularly held to discuss ways to improve on processes and changes are implemented quickly. Singtel makes a point to prioritize its customers first. Work is impersonal which is good for productivity.
Pros
Impersonal work
Cons
Short lunches
Productive and Fund Workplace
Seniors are willing to teach to let newbies learn more. Can easily adopt the culture as employees are easily to get along to. Can be more fun if will be in a competitive team where always, you have set new goals as there are coming new projects given.
fun working place
they always motivate the employees by giving some prices and incentives which a great help to achieve sales target. Management will always provide training for new product and to enhance our knowledge and to be more updated on the product and more competitive with our competitors. They conduct team building every year. This will help more to build up a strong relationship among peers.
Pros
free gym, drinks
Good
Good and enjoy while working. It is like a family that co worker is always there to help whenever you needed help in catching uo the sales target that was set for you
Work Place
Safer and Balanced working environment.
Management Supports all kind of right tight situation.

Team Building activities was too good.

Follow Singapore Government norms and rules accurately.
Good Benefits
No work life balance but good benefits. Every thing is very micro structure and have to go through lots of approvals to get things done. Systems used are getting backdated and always with lots of changes but didn't train staff. Depends on which dept, some bosses are just yes sir or yes mdm directors and you only get piled with work as they never reject even you are overloaded. Squeeze you to dry. You never get a say in your opinions. Benefits are great as staff are given $ to offset personal phone bill yearly. Staff price plans for mobile and broadband lines. Medical benefits. Performance bonus, etc
Pros
Good staff welfare benefits
Cons
No work life balance, never get a say in ur opinions, overloaded with work
Employee Friendly,Work Life balance is maintained.
First One year was the most difficult part of my life.Lot's of Technical Issues,Peoples management,Qualified Resource Issue & on the top expectation from management is too high.

Still able to overcome all the issues & shown my strength in handling those issues.
Pros
Sub-ordinates are friendly, follow the guidelines provided to them, Hence it is easy to work with them & get things done on time.
Cons
Audit work was hectic for me & some time it was difficult to solve issues immediately.
Office administrator
There are some flexibility at work from the bosses yet it can be stressful depending on the bosses' expectations.

In this role, I was able to use my past experiences to plan, execute an department's event.
Fun work place
I gained a lot of experienced from this company. Supervisors and colleague are great. The job is challenging but it's fun. If can i don't want to quit this job but sadly my department is going to outsource soon.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Telecommunications Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
Singapore Telecommunications Limited Reviews by Location