Singapore Telecommunications Limited

Singapore Telecommunications Limited Management reviews

Huge organisation with many opportunities but Asian culture
Singtel is huge with many positions out there. It's very diverse since it is so big but at least in my part there's some of what you'd expect in Asian culture - facetime is valued even if not insisted upon for example

A lot of redundant work due to internal processes
Encourage friendships and entertainment work place
*A typical day at work is during network outage
* I newly learn about robotic process automation (RPA).

*Management is well organized with systematic
*Workplace culture is always sharing knowledge generously
*the hardest part in job is convey information from ground level workers/ onsite person to Tier 2 or Second level team with right message for reduce the down time / Outage.

*The most enjoyable part of the job is day by day challenging job. And of course company trip / team building every 3 months once.
Na
Management is bad at giving directions and they are clueless about how to lead digital strate I would not recommend anyone to join. Singtel is not a place for people with good ideas and aspirations.
fun working place
they always motivate the employees by giving some prices and incentives which a great help to achieve sales target. Management will always provide training for new product and to enhance our knowledge and to be more updated on the product and more competitive with our competitors. They conduct team building every year. This will help more to build up a strong relationship among peers.
Pros
free gym, drinks
Work Place
Safer and Balanced working environment.
Management Supports all kind of right tight situation.
Team Building activities was too good.

Follow Singapore Government norms and rules accurately.
Employee Friendly,Work Life balance is maintained.
First One year was the most difficult part of my life.Lot's of Technical Issues,Peoples management,Qualified Resource Issue & on the top expectation from management is too high.

Still able to overcome all the issues & shown my strength in handling those issues.
Pros
Sub-ordinates are friendly, follow the guidelines provided to them, Hence it is easy to work with them & get things done on time.
Cons
Audit work was hectic for me & some time it was difficult to solve issues immediately.
Toxic culture
Top down management culture extremely toxic and unreasonable
Highly political and passive aggressive behaviours throughout the senior level
Hardest part of the job is to redo materials because the colors and font size not desirable.
Stressful management and KPIs
Very fast paced with tight deadlines for mobile orders.
Management cascade information or processes to staff without training.
Need to have high level of initiative and teamwork spirit.
Pros
Flexi benefits of $500 annually, always got free lunches or fruit feast
Cons
No dental claims and basic salary too low for the work assigned
Just good enough to build foundation for future career advancement
Overall the company is a good place for interns and fresh grads to gain on job experience and build foundation for their future career job advancement. It is not a place to stay for the long term as not much job advancement opportunity available and minimal pay increment. Management wise is equally bad. Most departments are being micro managed by the heads and they use top down management approach to run the day to day business. Most managers tend to be bias and play favouritism.
Average company to work for.
My role is to lead a team of 7 staff to process payroll for about 15,000 headcount. Oversight regional payroll.

The hardest part of the job is to change the mindset for those long service staff.

The most enjoyable part of my role is to be one of a team member in a project.
Pros
Management given me a free hand to run the project.
Cons
Effort is not being rewarded accordingly.
A good place for further education
In general, the management is good. A well organizational structure was developed and evolving all the while for the better.
A place for further education
Within the company, various department have totally different culture. In general, the co-workers are helpful to new staff and easy going.
enjoy workking
...good to work
i have learned alot from meeting different people

management is so so
earn as much as yo work hard
Pros
enjoy working
Technical Support Team
Provide technical support to SingTel SaaS customers via phone and email, provide timely updates to customers and management on the status of outstanding issues, maintain status of issues in a call-tracking system and follow-up on escalated issues, liaising with various SaaS providers to resolve customer’s issue, convey customer’s feedback to relevant channels and contribute to operational process improvement.

Singtel - Software as a Service (SaaS - Cloud Computing)

• Provides first and second level support to the following applications:

SingTel myBusiness Dashboard

• ONEOffice (Google)

• Office 365

• SingNet Domain Management

• Web Builder

• QuickBooks Online (Intuit)

• Business Email Hosting (Vodien)

• Shopify

• DropMyEmail

• Simply Cast eMarketing

I enjoyed the people I worked with. I felt the leadership team was great as well. They knew all of their employees on a first name basis and tried to make those personal connections. I also enjoyed the fact that the office tried to do community outreach with local organizations.
Pros
As a fresh face in the working world, the company offers a great opportunity for a good entry level position.
Cons
Lack of work life balance.
Productive and learning place
Fun and learning work place with supportive colleagues and management team. Aside the long hours, it's a decent place to grow and gain knowledge and experience.
Fun Workplace
Different day of work and time is depends on location. I have learned moreon technical. About management theyare professional. Co-workers is fun. Hardest part of the job is looking for leads. and the most enjoyable is the group of friends.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No food and transpo allowance.
Productive with Work Life balance in place
I will usually look forward to come to office because its like a second home to me . In where I was working at the time , colleagues were like second family . Though can be busy at times but there's' always some predictable lull period where you still can have time to think of new ways to improve work conditions for the better of everyone , and gets appreciated and recognized.

In simple terms I learnt a great deal about what it takes not just to be a good employee but being appreciated for going the extra miles to help others.

Management encouraged work life balance and co-workers are really wonderful though most of them were my seniors at the time.

I never failed to put on a great smile whenever I see them be it from another department ,especially when I need to assist users on site.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get to a higher position ,since there not likely be any opening since most people are contented - seldom anyone wants to resign to make room for extra headcount.

Friday is strictly "Eating dinner with Family" - everyone out from office by 5:00 pm sharp!

Pros
Highly productive and work life balance oriented
Cons
Less room or can be slow paced for climbing cooperate ladder
Peaceful environment to work in
Friendly co-workers. Peaceful and accessible location.
Management was good.