Singapore Tourism Board

Singapore Tourism Board Employee Reviews

Singapore17 reviews

Great experience but my role was temporary

Great experience, fun job.Exciting team bonding sessions, staff benefits and welfare. Gym is awesome and well-equipped.No opportunity for extension.No opportunity for conversion to perm role.

Staff welfare at the STB was exemplary

I was very impressed with the STB, in terms of staff welfare e.g. medical benefits, annual leave allowance, their definitely was work-life balance, they have an in-house gym for their employees, an indoor cafe, which is very convenient and practical for the staff to unwind in between challenging project duration.Generally, all employees were very helpful as we are sometimes in need of working collaborating with other divisions within STB on a project or Event. Overseas travel was necessary at times, so STB would offer a daily stipend at overseas locations, hotel and airtravel was of course paid for by the Company, any other incidental expenses were managed by the employees themselves.

Pros

Flexible work hours, travel opportunities, subsidized external training

Depends heavily on visiblity

Competitive, faced paced but lack true collaborative culture. Management very concern about visibility and presentation that sometimes what's right for the business gets compromised. Be prepared to play politics. Large population of the middle and upper management work overtime and over weekends/public holidays. Progression is slow and very competitive.

Pros

Nice working level colleagues, intellectual people

Cons

Long long hours, bosses that play politics

ok for a government agency

typical government agency, lead agency for tourism. plce to learn place branding and tourism marketing. good place for a first job. can lead to role in private sector like MICE industry

Fun place to work at

My job as a tourist guide expands my horizon and shaped me in my personal life and my work life better today. I have gone into areas I thought I couldn’t do it but I succeeded. Being a tour guide made me achieve more things

Lack of job security

The most frustrating part is the feeling that the organization does not value its staff. Freezing permanent headcount and hiring people on contracts is currently the norm. A lack of job security aside, contract staff also have less entitlements compared to full-time permanent staff, which is quite unfair.

work life balance

It could have been better with more empathetic leadership teams and managers. Also better team esprit de corp. And to be inclusive and understanding to diverse work force.

Enriching and Rewarding

After almost 17 years with the Board, I discovered the hidden potentials that I never knew I possesed i.e. the art of interacting with people. How to win customers and how to handle difficult situations. Thru the years, I have attended numerous Courses that helped groomed me for this position.

Pros

To meet people

A Dynamic Environment

Good work culture though can be a tad more organised in terms of work processes. Other than that, work culture is flexible though one may have too many things to do on one's plate at any point in time. Job scope changes to meet departmental needs.

Pros

Flexible work hours, dynamism hence you learn and experience alot.

Cons

Too many things on one's plate

Average

its an average experience. work load is less. Management is slow in their work. compensation benefits are less. Understanding of the user is not that great.

fun and casual

- Fun colleagues - opportunity to travel all over the world - no office attire required - call colleagues and senior management and CEO by name - long working hours though

pros and cons

It is an open office concept. Pretty much you get freedom while working here because your managers won't always be looking out for you as there is a trust build between the team and the higher authority. Cons you don't really have a work life balance because of my job scope even on weekends when there are media in town, we will have to be on standby to attend to the media.

A bunch of fun-loving colleagues

A fast-paced environment where working hours are long but I enjoyed working with a bunch of like-minded peers. A bunch of fun-loving and caring colleagues whom I enjoy interacting with.

Pros

Great perks

Great place to work in

Dynamic company with friendly and generally young colleagues. High competition in moving up the ladder. Office atmosphere is great

Pros

Great office, good benefits

Cons

few eatery choices

fun workplace

Fun and cohesive workplace with constant challenges in the job but with a lot of support from colleagues in the same department

Pleasant working environment with helpful colleagues.

Basically i learned that Singapore is one of d most visited countries by tourists all over the world. I report directly under the supervision of my superior who are so understanding and always comply to her staff needs such as transport facilities and flexibility of working hours. Surrounded by many seniors who always willing to help and ready to teach me. Beside all that i mention above i did not find any difficulties working with Singapore Tourism Board. But the journey from my place to Tuas that i find very inconvenience for me. We work as a team and i can say more like a family.

Pros

Snacks and drinks provided

Cons

Journey, location

Challenging and diverse work experience

Singapore Tourism Board, as government National Tourism Organization, is one of the most dynamic government agencies around. I was exposed to a variety of experiences and was given the opportunity to develop in-depth, various skill sets to help me succeed. I honed my negotiations and lobbying skills in G2G platforms and in B2B interactions. I also developed the ability to quickly assess issues and prioritize projects in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of being in STB was when I was made Area Director and had to lead a team. It was very satisfying to be able to build my own team, nurture and lead them to be a strong and cohesive business unit. Overall, the Singapore Tourism Board is a great place for those who are seeking to be exposed to a variety of responsibilities and roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Tourism Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Singapore Tourism Board with