Singapore Tourism Board

Singapore Tourism Board Employee Reviews

Competitive, faced paced but lack true collaborative culture. Management very concern about visibility and presentation that sometimes what's right for the business gets compromised. Be prepared to play politics. Large population of the middle and upper management work overtime and over weekends/public holidays. Progression is slow and very competitive.
Pros
Nice working level colleagues, intellectual people
Cons
Long long hours, bosses that play politics
typical government agency, lead agency for tourism. plce to learn place branding and tourism marketing. good place for a first job. can lead to role in private sector like MICE industry
My job as a tourist guide expands my horizon and shaped me in my personal life and my work life better today. I have gone into areas I thought I couldn’t do it but I succeeded. Being a tour guide made me achieve more things
The most frustrating part is the feeling that the organization does not value its staff. Freezing permanent headcount and hiring people on contracts is currently the norm. A lack of job security aside, contract staff also have less entitlements compared to full-time permanent staff, which is quite unfair.
It could have been better with more empathetic leadership teams and managers. Also better team esprit de corp. And to be inclusive and understanding to diverse work force.
After almost 17 years with the Board, I discovered the hidden potentials that I never knew I possesed i.e. the art of interacting with people. How to win customers and how to handle difficult situations. Thru the years, I have attended numerous Courses that helped groomed me for this position.
Pros
To meet people
Cons
Good work culture though can be a tad more organised in terms of work processes. Other than that, work culture is flexible though one may have too many things to do on one's plate at any point in time. Job scope changes to meet departmental needs.
Pros
Flexible work hours, dynamism hence you learn and experience alot.
Cons
Too many things on one's plate
its an average experience. work load is less. Management is slow in their work. compensation benefits are less. Understanding of the user is not that great.
- Fun colleagues - opportunity to travel all over the world - no office attire required - call colleagues and senior management and CEO by name - long working hours though
It is an open office concept. Pretty much you get freedom while working here because your managers won't always be looking out for you as there is a trust build between the team and the higher authority. Cons you don't really have a work life balance because of my job scope even on weekends when there are media in town, we will have to be on standby to attend to the media.
A fast-paced environment where working hours are long but I enjoyed working with a bunch of like-minded peers. A bunch of fun-loving and caring colleagues whom I enjoy interacting with.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Dynamic company with friendly and generally young colleagues. High competition in moving up the ladder. Office atmosphere is great
Pros
Great office, good benefits
Cons
few eatery choices
Fun and cohesive workplace with constant challenges in the job but with a lot of support from colleagues in the same department
Basically i learned that Singapore is one of d most visited countries by tourists all over the world. I report directly under the supervision of my superior who are so understanding and always comply to her staff needs such as transport facilities and flexibility of working hours. Surrounded by many seniors who always willing to help and ready to teach me. Beside all that i mention above i did not find any difficulties working with Singapore Tourism Board. But the journey from my place to Tuas that i find very inconvenience for me. We work as a team and i can say more like a family.
Pros
Snacks and drinks provided
Cons
Journey, location
Singapore Tourism Board, as government National Tourism Organization, is one of the most dynamic government agencies around. I was exposed to a variety of experiences and was given the opportunity to develop in-depth, various skill sets to help me succeed. I honed my negotiations and lobbying skills in G2G platforms and in B2B interactions. I also developed the ability to quickly assess issues and prioritize projects in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of being in STB was when I was made Area Director and had to lead a team. It was very satisfying to be able to build my own team, nurture and lead them to be a strong and cohesive business unit. Overall, the Singapore Tourism Board is a great place for those who are seeking to be exposed to a variety of responsibilities and roles.