Singapore University of Technology and Design

Singapore University of Technology and Design Employee Reviews

Singapore21 reviews
Fast paced young environment. Great working culture. Great problem solving culture. Informal flexible. Good team spirit and interaction. Promotes learning environment.
It is a Good working environment. Open for stat of the art technologies.
Clique culture, overworked and no appreciation. Lots of politics and favoritism to certain Heads despite the work being done by the team. Best to avoid working here.
One of it's kind in Singapore and you always meet people who have something interesting to talk about. Excellent research minds. The paperwork and access to facilities is a bit of a pain as is the case in almost most of the universitites in Singapore.
interning here is good to learn and get new exposure in tech related things. i learnt new technologies after coming here. you can learn new things and apply them here.
The University stresses on innovation and really pushes the limits for it. this really helps create an atmosphere for great innovation.
Unfortunately, this means that some researchers take advantage and do inconsequential research. Make sure whatever you choose actually has some purpose.
Proactive.

• Ethical Behavior & Integrity

• Highly Organized Professional

• Details-Oriented

• Conflict Resolution Expert
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Many opportunities to learn and explore possibilities, with a good work life balance and endless resources and good quality facilities. Overall a good working experience.
Although the campus is a bit far away, the landscape and space on campus is quite spectacular, making it a nice place to go to everyday. Promising educational institution although many things can still be improved and worked upon.
well managed projects and clear directions.
multicultural environment.

flexible working hours.

management always available to support. flexibility to explore your own proposals
Pros
well managed projects and clear directions
Cons
working with multiple time zones
Part-time jobs helped me earned some extra money. Overall it is a very rewarding job with not a lot of commitments that will hinder my studies. I will recommend this job.
Worked as a Team to achieve goals
Superiors were very much helpful in teaching the work

happened to learn the finance operations and the chain of commands and its importance.
JD is not a good description as to what was done. Not much of what's being described in JD's being assigned.

Asked for more jobs but none was given. If you want to earn free money, come join. There's no satisfaction to the job at all. Started with "fire" wanting to contribute but as time goes by, the "fire" within died partly because most of the colleagues fend for themselves instead of working as a team.
Pros
Flexible work hours to choose from.
Cons
Got to work till the specific time given before you can knock off. Slow paced.
Working as a teaching assistant at Singapore University of Technology and Design is an opportunity to learn from the professor you are working with. Good experience.
It is good place to learn. We can get lots of knowledge. We can get more experience from the university. And there many other opportunities. We can participate to many competitions.
Pros
Free wifi
In my opinion, all working environment and culture is created by the people. As long everyone maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn, the team is strong and bonded to overcome all challenges. So far in my career journey, I have been blessed with supportive boss and good team players. Everyday is learning and sharing. The higher the level, the bigger is the team, the more contribution is committed. Everyone do our part, everyone feels motivated to come to work.
Pros
Learning exposure and opportunities for career advancement
I feel that at the guys at OPUS were very friendly and welcomed me with open arms. everyday at work would either be filled with a task to do for the day, or a fun day socializing with the people there. i learned that communication is a huge and important key to having an open and comfortable workplace.
Pros
Own time own target, waiting for dispatch to users
Cons
long walk to reach SUTD
Spent 3 years working at SUTD and I must say I have learnt alot from this start up university. Taking over the temporary building at ITE Dover to the current campus at Somapah Road, I have seen the university grow from its humble beginnings to where it is now. Being in the education industry where you meet and engage with students on a daily basis, can be fun and exciting. You can expect to be involve in several events,at least for me, working in the Career Development Centre.

Organizing Career Fairs and seminars has been a great experience and I learnt skills such as time management, organisation and to multi-task.

Great colleagues-turned-friends.
Pros
Laidback working environment, colleagues are like family, good work life balance, benefits.
advantage: I learn how to work independently
disadvantage: I can not learn new knowledge or practical skills quickly
Limited resources and limited opportunities for advancement. Location is inaccessible and not much staff benefits.
Pros
not much staff benefits
Cons
not applicable
Collaboration wit MIT,US. You can find latest innovation practicals by students. Fast growing university in singapore. Research and Innovation are very good here.