Singhealth Polyclinics

Singhealth Polyclinics Employee Reviews

Singapore17 reviews
I will be at the counter either registering, scheduling appointments or doing referrals for patients. It can be hectic and stressful when they are many patients so being efficient and meticulous is important. Teamwork is necessary in order to provide patients a faster service. Hardest part would be to meet every patient's needs/wants. In some situations, we have to handle demanding patients so it can be very stressful.
Pay was quite low, but to be noted that I was under agent at the time. Management was horrible, never bothered about staff welfare, very biased, both bosses were arrogant and self centered. A lot of backstabbing and a toxic environment to work in. However, work life balance was good, considering I started work at 7am and ended at 3pm. No OT as well. Must be able to entertain and handle a lot of crazy patients.
A very friendly environment and fun place to work. Learning new job scope. Hectic work environment but can cope. The management is friendly and helpful.
Polyclinics are a fun environment to work if you can handle crowd & hectic workspace. As much as you will meet hard patients, you will get to meet kind & cheerful ones. The colleagues are one of a kind compared to other types of job as some may be long serviced awardees or different family backgrounds that makes you have a diversity of working friends.
Pros
Kind/Helpful staffs, medical benefits.
Cons
Hectic workspace
Work life balance. Office hours. May need to stay back longer when doing late duty.
Management so so. Career advancement/promotion is hard if you do declined 'upgrading' your studies.

Heavy heavy patients workload. Too many paperwork.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Paperwork, pt workload
Nice working places and good colleague.im happy working under singhealth.All the staff very friendly and helpful.All staff help each other if we are in trouble.
Pros
Sometimes we do get free lunch
Cons
Office hour
Needing to serve the general public with proper PR skills & patience.
Communicating in varies language eg malay & dialect eg hokkien, cantonese, hakka

Given compliments and appreciation
Pros
location
Cons
don't get always get cooporation
A typical day at work: basically serving patient, responsible for patient appt in hospital, t ensure the safety of patient while waiting queue to see doctor.

What you learned: I have learn the needs and the importance of an elderly to see doctor due to thier illness, learn the patience of handling difficult situation, learn to be more responsible of our own act.

Management: management was ok when I first step in, but as years goes by it turn diffrently. More of racists issues,untold change of roster, we kept covering for people when actually we dont have to

Workplace culture: they have very ggod board of organizing charity for the needy, we oftently have campaign to help needy, have classes for certain type of sickness, they thought how diabetic patient to control diet,at times we will also have revise group chat to fasten the process of waiting time for an elderly to actually sees a doctor.That was good indeed

The hardest part of the job: we have to remain calm when patient have to wait long when there a high volume of patient, they will literally scold us for nohing and at time vulglar languange throw to us,at times patients demands certain dates and times for thier folow up in hospital which is at times immposible to get. We are scold again and again. Basically thats thee hardest but however being patience is what polyclinic taught me.

The most enjoying part of the job: having satisfacton when patient leave the clinic with a smile, having collougue gather for company dnd.
Pros
At times alot of company free food
Cons
Unable to change roster even was told prioir in advance
Fun working environment. Get to learn new stuff and new jobscope. Able to adapt at the new working place. Hardest part of the job is to deal with angry customers
Cons
Contract Basic
Good collegues to work with..good place for lunch because around the neighbourhood. Safe environment to work. Good job progression under ther Healthcare line and goverment service
Pros
Neighourhood
Cons
5.5 working days
A typical day at work is always busy. Patients keep coming in non-stop. Doing the registration duties nonstop till lunchtime and after a short break and after that continue registration till end of day. The hardest part of the job is the non-stop crowd.
Cons
Very Crowded
Love my job experienced interacting with various client background.
Friendly teammates, environment and good clinic team work.

Proud being in the best polyclinic of SingHealth during my employment.

Unfortunately insufficient recognition of achievement or career enhancement.
Pros
Continuing education provided
Cons
Understaff and over multitask
Training and orentaition not properly given . Withing half a day during 1st of work , you will have to operate on your own . A lot of political issuses inside . If unable to listen to the command wheather right or wrong , given by senior, u will be axe and confront . If feed back to HR , they will ask you to leave because of culture diversity as they only side their seniors staff and not check the fact and truth
Provide health preventions and promotions to children and adults in the community with vaccinations and screening for chronic conditions.
Great teamwork with superiors and colleagues.

Managed complex chronic conditions with motivational interview skills learned.

Challenging work in a dynamic environment.
Doing school payment and look after school's budget.

Attend to walk in customers such as vendors, parents, students and even staff.

Answering phone calls

Doing school project such as P1 Registration, Orientation, Speech Day and other adhoc project.

We have always practice a No Wrong Door policy.
Learnt more on Clinical work on patient medication counselling
Need to work on administrative procedures

Work condition depends on the branch you are allocated
Career advancement in Human Resource Department is definitely not easy and will take many years. To obtain approval is slow due to many hierarchies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singhealth Polyclinics. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9