Singtel

Singtel Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative23 reviews
Singapore23 reviews
lots of activity to volunteer
staff is friendly

high volume

fast paced

pressure from management on escalations

too many things to do during the day

do alot of adhoc stuff
Call handling situation to help respondents to resolve their issues. It will improvise your call handling skills and how to tackle difficult situation during a time constraint. The challenging part of the job is to manage your own feelings and do not take harsh responses personally as it is highly to happen almost every day when you are working as most callers will call in when they are emotionally unstable.
Speed is not always the most important factor for an employer. Instead of a fast pace, an employer might value a steady, consistent pace. Or, an employer might hold accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail in high regard. Consider the difference between working in a research library, a TV newsroom, and a hospital. The best approach is to play up your strengths that match the job description to emphasize why you’re the best person for the job.
Professionally a bad experience for me as there was lack of proper management and supervision in ensuring smooth operation. Team was supervised by a senior from a different department who had zero product knowledge therefore I was not able to clarify work related doubts/issues. Due to the lack of supervision, improper assignment segregation was done, staffs missing in action frequently which resulted to amounting pending works and unhappy clients. Team was led by fresh poly graduates who was still childish and immature, therefore there was a lack of work discipline and unapproachable for work related issues. Despite being in a well established organisation, employees welfare was ignored, there was no discipline in ensuring tasks were completed in a timely and efficient manner, low wage and unhealthy working environment. Therefore I decided to leave the organisation due to the bad impression, bad workplace culture and the unprofessionalism practiced.
Pros
Able to work independently and complete my tasks within my own time frame set.
Cons
Lack of supervision and knowledgeable superior to rely onto. No discipline in the team, low wage and unhealthy environment.
promotes work life balance. people are nice regardless of age and race. i just hope that management values its people more. have a little heart to people that needs to keep his job.
Pros
freebies/ snacks
Cons
just anyhow dont save its people or renew
how to resolve customers phone technical issue.
how to ampathy customer

working in a fun enviroment

know how to manage the stress level

have a monthly gift if hit the amount if good feedback
nice working place, colleague very friendly, clubhouse below staff canteen, food in canteen affordable with staff discount,, varieties of food, nice and cooling environment /area
Pros
stable job
Cons
management tend to micro manage staff
a nice place to work at. supportive colleagues who’s willing to guide and teach you along the way. understanding colleagues and a very positive coworkers.
Pros
Free Lunches on occasions.
Cons
long hours.
-Handle all general and trouble shooting calls.
-Escalate cases to relavan department within SLA.

-Manage irate customer's and assist with Manager call back's.

-Fun and happy enviroment.

-Call handling with irate customer's as per day there can be 10 Manager call back's.
Pros
No formal attire required.
Cons
Contract position.
good environment and good colleagues. Colleagues are they willing to teach and good pay. the management is excellent and on time, more expectation. ..
It's a good place to start but progression opportunities are very minimal. Staff welfare is fairly good and staff culture is good.
Pros
Some opportunities to get free lunch
Cons
Require a lot of OTs
My typical day starts with handle customer service hotline and provide first level of support.
I have learnt to be resourceful and have a good listening ear.

Overall, Singtel has good employee benefits and I enjoyed my work when I was with Singtel the last 43 years.
Pros
Good Employee benefits
Cons
Stressful with high KPI
My job basically requires me to help foreigners transfer money through the DASH app to their preferred destination. It was a friendly workplace. There wouldn't be much customers. However, on Saturdays and especially Sundays are really crowded which requires a lot of patience, hard work and focus because we mustn't make a mistake while transferring the money. Managers and full timers in the workplace told me that i could just use my phone where there aren't any customers instead of staring into blank space. Unfortunately,the higher authorities terminated me saying that they don't pay me to use my phone at work. Ironically, i found it absurd that all the workers used their phones at work but I was thee only one who got fired.
Pros
Not much work on weekdays
Cons
Too crowded on Sundays
The pros about working over there is having good colleagues/superior who were able to assist whenever I faced any difficulties whereas the cons were facing demanding and impolite customers which I think is normal in customer service industry.
Pros
Nice Colleagues within the team. Loads of incentive rewards. A lots of training opportunities
Cons
The chances of career progression are extremely slim. High employee turnover.
-My job scope is to handle escalated case assigned daily, investigate and provide resolution for customer with right expectation set
-I learned to keep calm under pressure, communicate with customer with soft skills, respond quickly to customers' enquiries

-I liaise with stakeholder to manage customer expectation and work well with team members to achieve our goal

-The hardest part is handle customer without full support from stakeholders

-Having lunch with colleagues is the most enjoyable moment.
Pros
Friednly environment
Cons
High volume of escalated cases
- how to be patient/ listening when customer dispute
- learning communication skill when meet with difficult customer

- the most enjoyable is the moment have a fun with colleagues when we're feel stressful during work.
Pros
free lunch, movies.etc
Manage customer dispute and complain, escalated cases assigned from Singtel Hotline/Engage and provide advice / resolution to customer. Now, with my one year experience in Singtel, i managed to handle customer with their disputation and expectation.
Pros
Free team treat, monthly lucky draw sales achiver rewards.
Cons
KPI too difficult to hit.
Busy managing calls from customers
Enquiries on billing issues, disputes,

Installation issues.

Hardest part of the job is managing dispute from difficult customers.

Enjoyable part of the job is the overall satisfaction after serving the customer's well.
Pros
Monthly rewards if the dept performs well
Cons
No flexibility
- Assisted and provided trouble shooting solutions to users registering for their business with Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority via internet registration
- Received commendation from user for providing friendly and effective service
• To coordinate with various department technical staffs and field technician for the service providing activities of SingTel.
• To file the reports with high priority (Hard and Soft copy)

• To understand customer queries and provide appropriate solution

• Conference calls to the other departments, customer service related issue to be resolved over the call.
My experience in singtel is a roller coaster ride.I hve been through all kinds of customer. Be it the kind or nasty customer. At first it was hard to handle but as time past, everything gets pretty easy with the help from supervisors and seniors.