Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Singapore37 reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,125 reviews

Friendly, supportive, good teamwork and save workplace (environment).

Been with Sodexo for 16 years, gained a lot of experiences throughout the years. the company provides training to level up the skills you need for the job also apprenticeship support for your career path. workplace culture is great, friendly, supportive and free of discrimination.

Pros

working as a FIFO job, you get free accommodation, free meals and no cost of travelling to site.

Cons

Most of Sodexo jobs are long hours shift. Mostly 2:1 roster, 11 hours per shift.

Not a very honest company

They preached 'quality of life' to their clients, but not to their staff. Staff are all overworked, underpaid. Long time employees who can work all resigned after last round of cost cutting. Many good staff left, leaving those who can talk but no substance. People in favour will be promoted, or they will advertise your job when you are still in office. Company management no understand local culture. Lots of issues with suppliers payments, suppliers threatening to stop supply and Finance can still live day to day. Global brand but managed like an SME. No structure. More concerned with dollars and sense than the ethics they preach. Lots of big empty talks. Always over sell and cannot deliver to clients. Technical people do not really know what they are doing or what clients want. Operations always very messy, no handover. The way they sell is not very ethical. Problems get passed around with no concrete solutions. They can market themselves very well, only people who are inside and been through will know.

Pros

generally nice colleagues, central location, flexible working culture

Cons

once your value has been maxed and you are no longer relevant, you go

Fun workplace and good buddy job

I love working with sodexo.. Cov many thing i can learn. Safety is piyority. Have bonus every year.. Good management staff. Take care any worker at any place

Pros

Free meal.. Bonus rate good

Cons

Long term working job

Sodexo is a Global company that specialises in catering of food. It has grown its business of late to include integrated facilities Management.

Tagged as an MNC, expected to have a good global work culture and ethics. Instead the management behave like a local SME company give lots of lip services and will exercise only complete exploitation of its employees in the course of its service contract with the client.They will lie to convince you during recruitment, due to their cost and business model put your employment status on “a as need basis, to sustain their profit”. Terrible work culture, as turnover rate is about 45%. As such they do not issue any form of employment status other then your “letter of offer” as prove of employment as a Sodexo employee.Poor payment terms to its contractors and hence back end or back room support is poor for all non self performed scope. They have zero commitment to grow your work career - practiced use then throw model. Tailored to 100% business focus - any Sodexo employee is only a business tool to be used and exploited.

Pros

Cheap or subsidised food - if they have a catering contract on site.

Cons

Bad job work culture, Training is limited. Work environment is toxic.

good work life balance culture

I was very impressed with Sodexo's work life balance culture, and their support departments were extremely collaborative. However, I was disappointed with their job security/advancement policies for locals.

Rgi airport

Company is very nice my salary is very low I'm graduate engineer and my experience 6years in electrical field my salary is not sufficient I think to other sites to grow

Cons

Ok

Productive and fun to work place

Different work culture environment with opportunities. Challenging at the same time have a senior staff to engage and very support team. Overall its a good company with benefits and as well you would be able to learn.

Nice company

Nice company. I've worked with Sodexo for 5 years and everything was ok. Everybody was flexible and easy going. I had a good time working with my colleagues in Sodexo

Management are not doing their job

Perviously work at 1 of the hospital site, the manager there’re very racist and unfair. The manager even make up story’s and blaming staff that she doesn’t like for not doing their job.. Even feedback to the operation manager but she’s not doing anything yet siding the manager and seems like its none of her problem.

Pros

Friendly colleagues BUT not the management

Cons

Super bad culture

Work Independently

In order briefing for jobscope and deadline task given beforehand. Working in one team with great communcation and shared difficulties in any work process will take short time to resolves. Great teamwork and family working culture.

Good

Best place for attending meeting and seminar.. Serving good food and coffee break item.. The only thing that need to improved is team work.. Honestly No team work at all..

colleagues camaderie is superb but poor managing

Company chooses to scrimp and save but yet bonuses were paid to management who are out of touch with the ground. the turnover rate for staffs from the time i joined until now is exceptionally high. morale are at an all time low.

Sodexo

Bad management. Need to Ensure that mgt support need to be emphasised. Higher management changes constantly l ad to bad management on site to occurs. Bad experience

Not recommended

When Human Resources issues arise, they tend to prefer to close one eye. Supervisor encourages toxic cultures, always blaming employees and threatens to cut pay. Slow processing for any requests, not open to new ideas.

Fun, productive and challenging.

It was a fun and productive workplace. Ample learning opportunities. gives you daily challenges to make you stronger and more independent when it comes to problem solving.

My Review

A place to to explore and on how things worked in this organisation. A company that recognises your effort. I have a nice team to work with and truly blessed for that.

F&B branch at YaleNus

Staff are good, we can work together but mostly are old people. Not enough staff and I have to work extra long hours. Branch manager dont want to pay OT if exceeded. Normal working hour is 1 to 9pm. But now 1 to 10pm. One offday weekly. Branch manager no good, no welfare for staff. No work life balance. Food caterers but staff have difficulty.

Pros

Only like location

Cons

Very tiring and hungry. Manager dont have welfare and care for staff.

fun

very fun and energetic place t work. Not pressurised and able to work on my own phase and experience. Learnt and gained alot of experiences and knowlegde.

Cook position

Hard work , friend and where to make news friends . It’s is very important because we are team and the customer came Frost, cleaning and work with love. Thanks

Serious work environment

typical day at work involves daily rotation of shift which is not susceptible to any changes. I have learnt more on the management issues which is fun and energetic,

Productive and fun workplace

I was at the French school for at least 2 years I was responsable for the western food for one part of the school and for the teachers also . I was responsable for the self

Pros

Free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sodexo with

• Sodexo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?