ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews

Singapore79 reviews
Good place to start not a good place to end your career. You will be squeeze till wits end and will not be promoted for it which is sad and disappointing
I had the most amazing team to work with, my supervisor was so encouraging and helping to understand the work and process better. At the end of my internship, I could able to train other interns and perform my work even faster and productive and help others work at the same time
Everyday is a different learning curve at work because every aircraft defect is unique and we have to get our pool of senior technicians to brainstorm and come up with different solutions as to how to get the aircraft flying
Pros
avalability of quality family time
Cons
pay is not very attractive
Job security is good.
Good work life balance.

Slow career progression.

Depending on where you are and which subsidiary unit, the people could be a challenge.

Overall, it's a good place and good start for fresh graduates.
i left the job due to my studies .
the most enjoyable of work is working with friendly people

the hardest part of job is working odd hours and with lack of man power
Being a blue collar, OT pay became a very big part of bringing home just enough for the family and that reduces the opportunity for a good work life balance.
Quality of work is good.
Management is good.

Gives importance to employees.

Employee relations are best, even though many different nationalities present.
Friendly and helpful colleagues, good welfare and medical benefit.
Other than management , those who are in-between especially ex air force officers, though not all . Some are very nice person. Overall is a nice company to work in.
Good company you can learn a lot specially from ACheck to heavy check overhauling modification and how to do the easily job and good for the new beginners only what one thing low salary and high cost of living
I been their for 2 years and working with locals and fellow Philippines .its nice to be back in ST aerospace . The people their are nice specially engineer and team lead.
The work here is straightforward, but management is rigid(most managers, higher management are ex-military. Feels like a retirement home for them). Top management more than willing to sacrifice worker’s welfare. Always tell the employees “the door is always open”.

Due to them having a powerful company brand name, perception is that St is a big success. In actual fact, it is just a stepping stone for the young ones, and a career graveyard for the middle-aged worker. The older senior ones can’t wait to pass the baton, but the competent ones don’t stay long enough.
Its something different from my other work areas. People friendly and motivated me always. Unfortunately I'm retrenched but still missing the wonderful work place
Regret working here
Urge anyone thinking of joining up to look elsewhere. Much better work out there. Management run by hongkees who doesnt have the qualification to be in, and HR only have the company interest doesnt give a crab about employees and sad to say theyre your own Singaporeans, and about 70 percent are foreigners speaks bad english and prefers to talk in their mother tongue, doesnt own up when theyre wrong, talks behind your back everytime i am not lying. Environment there minimal, hazardous in terms of noise, chemicals that can cause cancer, fumes/fuel from the aircraft, rubbish shifts and always last minute change of shifts/duty. And mostly people who works here have bad complexion. I will stop here but theres lots of other things like removing bonuses and if a guy messed up hitting aircraft that requires hundreds of thousands of dollars for repairs you can jolly well say goodbye to bonus. How does MOM and auditors see it as a suitable place to work. Probably paid undertable to keep their mouth shut. Fyi Lots of Singaporean leaves this place and doesnt stays long.
Pros
$28 laundry per month
Cons
Read review
Can compare other MROs and airlines for career options before making decision to join ST Engineering.

Profit driven company, saving manpowers on each aircraft project as KPI. Lack of career advancement or progression. Mostly, workers are just numbers and manpower in the project. Workers move around different projects everytime. Need to be flexible and adaptable to work at time pressure, tight schedule and solving technical issues.
Pros
Lot of OT, job security, multiple-tasking, stable income
Cons
Burn weekends, long working hours, no benefits, time pressure, manpower shortage, tight schedules and flexi leaves when no aircraft, no career progression, lack of proper communication, welfare and feedback from superiors and managers, like to Bond people up for aircraft type course.
I had been joining this company for almost five years.... Everyday is just normal job and no other further progress to be make so I would like to change on other working environment or challenge...
Pros
Driving
Cons
Nil
I was here for 6 years. Good to place to build some experience and move on. Management follows the style of the RSAF. If you like tranquility and stable moderate income, it's a good place to be
Cons
Could be long hours depending on where you are
willing to teach patiently and very supportive. Each and everyone will motivate and encourage the staff who are working over there, good prospects and kind directors.
Pros
willing to teach
Cons
Contract basis
I have good leader to coach me on the work process and assistance when I encounter difficulties with my daily work. Overall, the work environment is friendly and enjoyable.
They treat their employee with great respect and I have no complain at all..This is very subjective and if opportunity arise to work for them, don't miss it.
Good working culture. Good colleagues. Can get good hands on experience on wide body. Company do not compromise on safety. Safety gears can be issued to you by the lead man.
Pros
Wide body. Staff are very helpful
Cons
Long shift hours
Because it is a big company progression is a problem. Placing in Long hours and hard work doesn’t assure increment or progression. The staff are over worked and overlooked.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Need new management