ST Aerospace
ST Aerospace Employee Review

salary and work time

May 4, 2015
Salary not very attractive. Needs a lot of Overtime to compensate low basic. Long hours of work. Learnt alot at work during my apprenticeship.
March 28, 2019
Same role
Aircraft Engineer (Former Employee) - Changi
Can compare other MROs and airlines for career options before making decision to join ST Engineering. Profit driven company, saving manpowers on each aircraft project as KPI. Lack of career advancement or progression. Mostly, workers are just numbers and manpower in the project. Workers move around different projects everytime. Need to be flexible and adaptable to work at time pressure, tight schedule and solving technical issues.
Pros
Lot of OT, job security, multiple-tasking, stable income
Cons
Burn weekends, long working hours, no benefits, time pressure, manpower shortage, tight schedules and flexi leaves when no aircraft, no career progression, lack of proper communication, welfare and feedback from superiors and managers, like to Bond people up for aircraft type course.
June 1, 2018
Same role
Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, B2 (Former Employee) - Singapore
I learnt many skills all my 12 years of working there from a technician's point of job to an engineer-in-charge's point of job. I managed a team of 10 over technicians and delegated jobs as a team leader everyday. I performed various tasks as an Engineer-in-charge ranging from Inspections, Modifications, Troubleshooting and Tests. I had no work life balance but there is job security. Worked long hours 7 days a week at times.
March 11, 2019
Same location
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) - Seletar
willing to teach patiently and very supportive. Each and everyone will motivate and encourage the staff who are working over there, good prospects and kind directors.
Pros
willing to teach
Cons
Contract basis