ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews

Good place to start not a good place to end your career. You will be squeeze till wits end and will not be promoted for it which is sad and disappointing
A typical day at St Aerospace was pretty much fun and fast pace I learned that most people that work there or very friendly and helpful the management there We're very professional the culture was a mini mini cultures the hardest part of my job was when we were short on staff the most enjoyable part of the day was in the morning getting to work and seeing lots of happy faces and ready to work
Pros
The Pros were job schedule was Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. till 3 p.m. and weekends off
Cons
Having short staff and having to make sure that the job was well done
I had the most amazing team to work with, my supervisor was so encouraging and helping to understand the work and process better. At the end of my internship, I could able to train other interns and perform my work even faster and productive and help others work at the same time
This company is a buddy duddy company it's about who you know, they work the few people who know they work Mae under pat there employees, the dont give raises to the support team which without them the aircraft wouldn't deliver. Then it's to many Mangers who dont do anything.
Higher up secretary is to train new secretaries. If trainer doesn't like trainee because you talk to black people, they make sure trainee fail. The employer of the trainer demands cooperation from trainee, but for a year, the trainer never did much to train the trainee & trainee gets laid off. Some supervisors say they're not high & mighty, but they treat employees badly, others turn a blind eye.
Everyday is a different learning curve at work because every aircraft defect is unique and we have to get our pool of senior technicians to brainstorm and come up with different solutions as to how to get the aircraft flying
Pros
avalability of quality family time
Cons
pay is not very attractive
Good experience in an environment hot and humid, good work team, friendly people, salary was low but ok for the area, company went to bankruptcy cause bad management,
Pros
Management, improved experience
Cons
Low salary, bankruptcy of company
Job security is good.
Good work life balance.

Slow career progression.

Depending on where you are and which subsidiary unit, the people could be a challenge.

Overall, it's a good place and good start for fresh graduates.
Very little opportunity for advancement. Workers and management are encouraged to not venture our of the assigned job. Everything was cookie cutter processes.
i left the job due to my studies .
the most enjoyable of work is working with friendly people

the hardest part of job is working odd hours and with lack of man power
Being a blue collar, OT pay became a very big part of bringing home just enough for the family and that reduces the opportunity for a good work life balance.
Quality of work is good.
Management is good.

Gives importance to employees.

Employee relations are best, even though many different nationalities present.
Get your experience there and then consider looking elsewhere for better pay and advancement opportunities...early on in the company started in 1991 times were better, but have deterioted.
Friendly and helpful colleagues, good welfare and medical benefit.
Other than management , those who are in-between especially ex air force officers, though not all . Some are very nice person. Overall is a nice company to work in.
Good company you can learn a lot specially from ACheck to heavy check overhauling modification and how to do the easily job and good for the new beginners only what one thing low salary and high cost of living
I been their for 2 years and working with locals and fellow Philippines .its nice to be back in ST aerospace . The people their are nice specially engineer and team lead.
The work here is straightforward, but management is rigid(most managers, higher management are ex-military. Feels like a retirement home for them). Top management more than willing to sacrifice worker’s welfare. Always tell the employees “the door is always open”.

Due to them having a powerful company brand name, perception is that St is a big success. In actual fact, it is just a stepping stone for the young ones, and a career graveyard for the middle-aged worker. The older senior ones can’t wait to pass the baton, but the competent ones don’t stay long enough.
Its something different from my other work areas. People friendly and motivated me always. Unfortunately I'm retrenched but still missing the wonderful work place
Regret working here
Urge anyone thinking of joining up to look elsewhere. Much better work out there. Management run by hongkees who doesnt have the qualification to be in, and HR only have the company interest doesnt give a crab about employees and sad to say theyre your own Singaporeans, and about 70 percent are foreigners speaks bad english and prefers to talk in their mother tongue, doesnt own up when theyre wrong, talks behind your back everytime i am not lying. Environment there minimal, hazardous in terms of noise, chemicals that can cause cancer, fumes/fuel from the aircraft, rubbish shifts and always last minute change of shifts/duty. And mostly people who works here have bad complexion. I will stop here but theres lots of other things like removing bonuses and if a guy messed up hitting aircraft that requires hundreds of thousands of dollars for repairs you can jolly well say goodbye to bonus. How does MOM and auditors see it as a suitable place to work. Probably paid undertable to keep their mouth shut. Fyi Lots of Singaporean leaves this place and doesnt stays long.
Pros
$28 laundry per month
Cons
Read review
Can compare other MROs and airlines for career options before making decision to join ST Engineering.

Profit driven company, saving manpowers on each aircraft project as KPI. Lack of career advancement or progression. Mostly, workers are just numbers and manpower in the project. Workers move around different projects everytime. Need to be flexible and adaptable to work at time pressure, tight schedule and solving technical issues.
Pros
Lot of OT, job security, multiple-tasking, stable income
Cons
Burn weekends, long working hours, no benefits, time pressure, manpower shortage, tight schedules and flexi leaves when no aircraft, no career progression, lack of proper communication, welfare and feedback from superiors and managers, like to Bond people up for aircraft type course.
I had been joining this company for almost five years.... Everyday is just normal job and no other further progress to be make so I would like to change on other working environment or challenge...
Pros
Driving
Cons
Nil