ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment with less pressure and clean workplace.Two way communicationswith positive explanations and results. Training and cross training within section. Good benefit and balance work scope.
Pros
Open feedbacks
Cons
Quality disputes
I had been joining this company for almost five years.... Everyday is just normal job and no other further progress to be make so I would like to change on other working environment or challenge...
Pros
Driving
Cons
Nil
I was here for 6 years. Good to place to build some experience and move on. Management follows the style of the RSAF. If you like tranquility and stable moderate income, it's a good place to be
Cons
Could be long hours depending on where you are
willing to teach patiently and very supportive. Each and everyone will motivate and encourage the staff who are working over there, good prospects and kind directors.
Pros
willing to teach
Cons
Contract basis
I have good leader to coach me on the work process and assistance when I encounter difficulties with my daily work. Overall, the work environment is friendly and enjoyable.
They treat their employee with great respect and I have no complain at all..This is very subjective and if opportunity arise to work for them, don't miss it.
Good working culture. Good colleagues. Can get good hands on experience on wide body. Company do not compromise on safety. Safety gears can be issued to you by the lead man.
Pros
Wide body. Staff are very helpful
Cons
Long shift hours
a place to go when you cant find anything else. worst management and leadership i have ever encountered. employee turnover rate is very high and no one seems to care
Because it is a big company progression is a problem. Placing in Long hours and hard work doesn’t assure increment or progression. The staff are over worked and overlooked.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Need new management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ST Aerospace?
Issuing tools and part to mechanic is the most difficult part of it. Being careful of the hazardous chemicals can be a bit much as well as the the forklifts zipping around.
Most enjoyable working atmosphere and balancing a typical day at work and follow the management orders and facing the hardest part of the job everytime
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Long hour
Among all the places I have worked for, ST Aerospace Panama has been the top. It was like the Master Degree of all my aviation experience. I had the chance to share my personal experience with people from different places and cultures. As I was coming from the airline side of the business being at an MRO completed like the 360 degree experience in this field.
Pros
Very well organized company with all the necessary resources
Cons
To adapt to a different culture company management: the asian
-Every morning prepare daily issue, stock check,new receipt,arrange of stock in proper arrange. -How to due with audit issue. -The hardest part sometime need to carry heavy goods to the location.
Cons
Long travelling
Deal with turbine engine airframe work ground flight instrument control landing gear Remove of the body work material like aluminum cable laying and emergency generator and radar control
Workload is consider management but too much wastage of time on pending for instructions from ops team. Overall it is a good learning place whereby I got to explore more different areas.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long hours with many submission of reports
Work culture is about Teamwork to achieve better turn round time. Safety culture is there to keep work place safe. Always be ready to take up new challenges that awaits us
With high end customers like major airline carriers you need to bring in your top game every morning. Overnight we might need to replace an employee working nights for a customer in materials or in planning within a hangar. Recruiting and interviewing was exciting with leadership in planning, materials and engineering. Our Plane Talk employee newsletter team was dynamic as was also the employee events team. Our annual company picnic and holiday events in the hangars was a treat and well attended by all employees. Working with the major aviation customers especially on the Fed-Ex PTF (passenger to freighter program) was a rewarding and high energy project each day. Benefits were very good and premiums were reasonable. Security was excellent onsite as was the vacation and PTO. Good benefits.
Too much volume given to each person in the department. Very manual workplace despite trying to automate some processes. OT hours are quite long and their reports are too much concentrated with no value adding.
Pros
OT claims
Cons
Too much deadlines
Good place with nice people. High overtime but poor management. Location wise quite ulu especially after overtime. Meals are considered cheaper compared to hawker.
Pros
High ot
Cons
Poor management from manager and above
ST Aerospace Engineering - SAR 145 Approved Maintenance Organisations • Conduct maintenance, repairs and modifications of B757 avionics systems for FedEx Ptf programme • Assist the Licenced Aircraft Engineer ensuring maintenance activities were carried out according to maintenance work packages and in compliance with FAA regulatory requirements
I learnt many skills all my 12 years of working there from a technician's point of job to an engineer-in-charge's point of job. I managed a team of 10 over technicians and delegated jobs as a team leader everyday. I performed various tasks as an Engineer-in-charge ranging from Inspections, Modifications, Troubleshooting and Tests. I had no work life balance but there is job security. Worked long hours 7 days a week at times.
  1. Employee Reviews