ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews in Changi

Changi16 reviews
Good place to start not a good place to end your career. You will be squeeze till wits end and will not be promoted for it which is sad and disappointing
Regret working here
Urge anyone thinking of joining up to look elsewhere. Much better work out there. Management run by hongkees who doesnt have the qualification to be in, and HR only have the company interest doesnt give a crab about employees and sad to say theyre your own Singaporeans, and about 70 percent are foreigners speaks bad english and prefers to talk in their mother tongue, doesnt own up when theyre wrong, talks behind your back everytime i am not lying. Environment there minimal, hazardous in terms of noise, chemicals that can cause cancer, fumes/fuel from the aircraft, rubbish shifts and always last minute change of shifts/duty. And mostly people who works here have bad complexion. I will stop here but theres lots of other things like removing bonuses and if a guy messed up hitting aircraft that requires hundreds of thousands of dollars for repairs you can jolly well say goodbye to bonus. How does MOM and auditors see it as a suitable place to work. Probably paid undertable to keep their mouth shut. Fyi Lots of Singaporean leaves this place and doesnt stays long.
Pros
$28 laundry per month
Cons
Read review
Can compare other MROs and airlines for career options before making decision to join ST Engineering.

Profit driven company, saving manpowers on each aircraft project as KPI. Lack of career advancement or progression. Mostly, workers are just numbers and manpower in the project. Workers move around different projects everytime. Need to be flexible and adaptable to work at time pressure, tight schedule and solving technical issues.
Pros
Lot of OT, job security, multiple-tasking, stable income
Cons
Burn weekends, long working hours, no benefits, time pressure, manpower shortage, tight schedules and flexi leaves when no aircraft, no career progression, lack of proper communication, welfare and feedback from superiors and managers, like to Bond people up for aircraft type course.
Workload is consider management but too much wastage of time on pending for instructions from ops team. Overall it is a good learning place whereby I got to explore more different areas.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long hours with many submission of reports
A good place to learn your craft. Lots of overtime so the pay is good especially for a diploma holder. Not much on work life balance though so if you value your family time then this is not the place for you.
learn lot of thing form all different ppl,handing,serving,repair,maintentent job,report,answering phone call,help & service,knowlegde,safety course,driving
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
very stress work place always as you faster the work that's way the quality of job loss he want only quantity not quality. And all people there is allways mad
There was a wide range of EHS activities organised under the company. I was able to apply all my job skills to manage the management of safety, health and environment at the workplace.
A wide range of experience was acquired working in the organisation.
I did my first commercial job at ST Aerospace after my military stint, and they provided very strong guidance as a junior level manager. There are many opportunities to move within this huge organization.
Pros
Nurturing environment
Cons
A place to pick up aircraft maintenance skills but working hours tend to be very long. Hardest part of the job involve in meeting deadline while the most satisfying part of the job is when the aircraft is able to leave and fly safely.
Pros
good company benefits
Cons
long and irregular working hours
whoever is passion in aviation should join. meet new people. learn so about the aircraft maintenance. there's so much knowledge. of course the life of people lies in our hands. if we didnt do a good maintenance the airplanes might malefunction. so its important to keep on focusing on what you are supposed to do.
Pros
when theres not much aircraft you can relax
Cons
under hot sun
A good learning environment with a handful of very experienced engineers and mechanics. Able to work with customers from all over the world.
Pros
Working with multi airline companies.
Cons
Working on weekends. Less company benefits
Better projects in singapore for aerospace compared to others.
more pressure at work.

Strict management

no intervals except lunch

Salary is good
Pros
nothing
Cons
Obtained a detailed knowledge about the MRO industry’s repair, documentation and safety procedures.
I beleive team work and communication are the best way to describe the successfull acheivement in our daily live.

Willing to learn attitude and able to blend in to the company culture are the plus in this modern world that keep on changing.

Always expected the unespected thing to happen and be brave to face it.
Pros
Gain knowledge and experience. Opportunity to get Type Course
Cons
Unstable work load & paid
As Cabin Interior Technician, we are working both in an aircraft cabin and in a shop for removal,dis-assembly,cleaning,inspection
repair and re-installation of aircraft cabin furnishing.I had learned a lot in my company through meeting people with different nationality culture , attitude and tradition. I have to assist my co-workers workload with permission of my superior's if it needed in order to comply our daily task as prescribed by the manufacturers ,Aircraft Maintenance Manual.My hardest part of my job is to ignore the safety policy/hazards during our working hour with my superior.My most enjoyable part of my job ,when we have already accomplished our daily routine task ..