ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews in Mobile, AL

Very little opportunity for advancement. Workers and management are encouraged to not venture our of the assigned job. Everything was cookie cutter processes.
This company is a buddy duddy company it's about who you know, they work the few people who know they work Mae under pat there employees, the dont give raises to the support team which without them the aircraft wouldn't deliver. Then it's to many Mangers who dont do anything.
Get your experience there and then consider looking elsewhere for better pay and advancement opportunities...early on in the company started in 1991 times were better, but have deterioted.
With high end customers like major airline carriers you need to bring in your top game every morning. Overnight we might need to replace an employee working nights for a customer in materials or in planning within a hangar. Recruiting and interviewing was exciting with leadership in planning, materials and engineering. Our Plane Talk employee newsletter team was dynamic as was also the employee events team. Our annual company picnic and holiday events in the hangars was a treat and well attended by all employees. Working with the major aviation customers especially on the Fed-Ex PTF (passenger to freighter program) was a rewarding and high energy project each day. Benefits were very good and premiums were reasonable. Security was excellent onsite as was the vacation and PTO. Good benefits.
Long hours, low pay, very fast paced. Expected to work 60 hours a week. The people that worked there were awesome. The immediate management was great .
Quick pace, a good place to learn commercial aviation out of the military. Just a good place to get experience in aviation. Nice co-workers, friendly to be around.
This company was a great company years ago. The company is in the process of turning over workers month after month because of low wages and the desire to replace good workers with temps.
OK, WHY Airframe and power plant mechanic technicians that inspect, repair, Maintain, troubleshoot, service, and modify Joint Star Airborne Ground Surveillance & Battle Management Systems 707,727, 737, 747, dc-10, md-80, dc-9 and airbus 310 aircrafts. Performed all maintenance, servicing, and preventives maintenance in a timely manner and in accordance with all directives and publications. Also have experience on interior removal, installation, and modification.
Pros
Ok
Cons
So so
Can be a very rewarding place to work. Learned a tremendous amount here. The work always changes from day to day. Great place to work but can be very long hours. The people working here make this place great
I would start my day by gathering tools with a job card. I would Then scan job card to began my task. throghout the day i would continue my task making sure my work complied with all saftey rules and in accordance to maintanance manuals.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
short breaks
Too much paper works and not organised, but friendly coworkers. Work area is less clean, but manageable. Everyone can be a their own manager, if you have little knowledge of what is going on.
Pros
Have private department?
Cons
Everything is everywhere.
a day at work is doing stuff that i wasnt hired for . poor management the hardest part of the job is working with the people around there the most enjoyable part is leaving to go home
Great opportunity to meet various vendors afar, which allowed me to display my excellent customer service skill. The opportunity to purchase aircraft parts for various airline to get the plane out on time and back in service. Daily communication with Program Manager for critical/hot items for on time delivery.
Pros
Perks, Meeting great Vendors, Great Benefits
Cons
No advancement oppurtunities
The engineers I worked with on a daily basis were committed to the task of providing quality manufacturing engineering analysis, procurement, and project management.
Pros
Good Work/Life Balance, Good People
Cons
The work was fun, but the management was very two-faced. You have to buy your own tools, unless you wanted to go to the tool crib everyday and borrow tools. Theft happened regularly.
Pros
The job was fun, lot of hours-makes for lots of $$.
Cons
Management did not treat employees well.
Good place to start •Ensure all tasks assigned are completed in accordance with manufacturer's manuals and FAA accepted or approved data •Adheres to all applicable FARs and Company policies and procedures outlined in the General Procedures Manual (GPM) and the Company's, FAA Approved Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program •Interpret aircraft technical manuals, and electrical drawings •Responsible for movement of aircraft in hangar and on ramp, including operation of tow-tractor •Maintain work area in a neat, clean and safe condition at all times •Perform only those tasks for which proper training and qualification has been obtained •Document On-the-job training (OJT) on from (T#004) for training received on tasks which Mechanic/Repairmen has not previously performed •Perform other duties as assigned
a typical work day consisted of scheduled maintenance on aircraft including panel removal, cleaning, parts inspecting and engine testing, the co-workers great they assisted when needed and offered helpful pointers to assist me in doing my job better, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting a close of view of aircraft maintenance, the worst part was the work is not consistent i need a more stable work schedule i have two children and cant afford to not know what my check is going to look like
I have been with the co 13+ years and was told I would never move up with in the co. So I feel it is time to move on and look for a job where I can grow with the co. and be treated as an asset and not just a low rate employee
A good company to get good experience on diffent aircraft I learned sheet metal work, corrosion prevention management is ok ok co- workers nothing is hard about my job finishing my job on time
Pros
good experience
Cons
low paying job
A typical days was always different according to the jobs assigned. I learned how to use basic mathematical skills more often. How to repair different areas of an airplane using different techniques provided to me from other co-workers who have worked there longer and have more experience. The management team was very helpful and encouraging. The hardest part of the day would probably be working in a hangar without proper temperature control. What I mostly enjoyed about my job was learning how to repair different areas of a plane and having co-workers willing to help and share their knowledge to teach me.
Pros
adequate break times.
Cons
sometimes the lack of work available
I always enjoy what ever kind of work I am doing, I always do my job to the best of my ability.