ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews for Aeronautical Engineer

Can compare other MROs and airlines for career options before making decision to join ST Engineering. Profit driven company, saving manpowers on each aircraft project as KPI. Lack of career advancement or progression. Mostly, workers are just numbers and manpower in the project. Workers move around different projects everytime. Need to be flexible and adaptable to work at time pressure, tight schedule and solving technical issues.
Pros
Lot of OT, job security, multiple-tasking, stable income
Cons
Burn weekends, long working hours, no benefits, time pressure, manpower shortage, tight schedules and flexi leaves when no aircraft, no career progression, lack of proper communication, welfare and feedback from superiors and managers, like to Bond people up for aircraft type course.
I learnt many skills all my 12 years of working there from a technician's point of job to an engineer-in-charge's point of job. I managed a team of 10 over technicians and delegated jobs as a team leader everyday. I performed various tasks as an Engineer-in-charge ranging from Inspections, Modifications, Troubleshooting and Tests. I had no work life balance but there is job security. Worked long hours 7 days a week at times.
A good place to learn your craft. Lots of overtime so the pay is good especially for a diploma holder. Not much on work life balance though so if you value your family time then this is not the place for you.
A place to pick up aircraft maintenance skills but working hours tend to be very long. Hardest part of the job involve in meeting deadline while the most satisfying part of the job is when the aircraft is able to leave and fly safely.
Pros
good company benefits
Cons
long and irregular working hours
A good learning environment with a handful of very experienced engineers and mechanics. Able to work with customers from all over the world.
Pros
Working with multi airline companies.
Cons
Working on weekends. Less company benefits
Salary not very attractive. Needs a lot of Overtime to compensate low basic. Long hours of work. Learnt alot at work during my apprenticeship.
I beleive team work and communication are the best way to describe the successfull acheivement in our daily live. Willing to learn attitude and able to blend in to the company culture are the plus in this modern world that keep on changing. Always expected the unespected thing to happen and be brave to face it.
Pros
Gain knowledge and experience. Opportunity to get Type Course
Cons
Unstable work load & paid