ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews for Senior Technician

Senior Technician7 reviews
Singapore7 reviews
The work here is straightforward, but management is rigid(most managers, higher management are ex-military. Feels like a retirement home for them). Top management more than willing to sacrifice worker’s welfare. Always tell the employees “the door is always open”.

Due to them having a powerful company brand name, perception is that St is a big success. In actual fact, it is just a stepping stone for the young ones, and a career graveyard for the middle-aged worker. The older senior ones can’t wait to pass the baton, but the competent ones don’t stay long enough.
Everyday is a different learning curve at work because every aircraft defect is unique and we have to get our pool of senior technicians to brainstorm and come up with different solutions as to how to get the aircraft flying
Pros
avalability of quality family time
Cons
pay is not very attractive
I have good leader to coach me on the work process and assistance when I encounter difficulties with my daily work. Overall, the work environment is friendly and enjoyable.
Because it is a big company progression is a problem. Placing in Long hours and hard work doesn’t assure increment or progression. The staff are over worked and overlooked.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Need new management
Work culture is about Teamwork to achieve better turn round time.
Safety culture is there to keep work place safe.

Always be ready to take up new challenges that awaits us
Troubleshooting,repair,maintenance n overhaul aircraft component.morning meeting.attending course.everyday work n solving problems with colleague happy.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Working for a company which employs 9000+ employees is very rewarding. Union took care of wages and benefits, we took care of work. Bottom line.