ST Aerospace

ST Aerospace Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment with less pressure and clean workplace.Two way communicationswith positive explanations and results. Training and cross training within section. Good benefit and balance work scope.
Pros
Open feedbacks
Cons
Quality disputes
No job security and promotion. Difficult to work at 50 years old and above due to nature of work. No pay increase every year and also the annual leave. Low basic pay, always depend on overtime.
Performed line and base maintenance task, become efficient avionics technician/mechanic,good management,work as a team work to accomplish the task,aircraft discrepancy with multiple defective,after the accomplishment of the correction of the aircraft discrepancies.
Hard working people Willing to work overtime due to Aircraft on Ground (AOG) Should be dual technician Works Aircraft Sheet Metal and Aircraft Mechanic No work, No pay system Not so good environment
Salary not very attractive. Needs a lot of Overtime to compensate low basic. Long hours of work. Learnt alot at work during my apprenticeship.
Learnt on various trade. Hardest part is not enough man power & have to cover various areas & other trade. Manage to hand over the aircraft on time.
Pros
Free medical
Cons
Last minute OT, at times have to do 18 hrs OT for a few days
The current workplace is challenging and has moulded me into a better person. However i have a desire to change profession in relation to my Diploma.
Co workers were very dynamic and the projects that my team was working on was interesting. My job requires the knowledge of CATIA software to do 3-dimensional computer aided drawings on the computer.
An industry to develop and to begin an individuals aviation career. Friendly co-workers who are willing to teach when unsure of any procedures.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ST Aerospace?
I have a chance to work with Senior Managers. No doubt I have to plan the staff for training, my immediate supervisor trust me a lot. I have a chance to work and develop the feedback form into Excel data. I have a chance to use pivot table to summarize the information for my Manager to review.
Pros
Reasonable rATE FROM STAFF CANTEEN
Cons
Long wait for bus
Working hours are mostly fixed, with occasionally overtime when required. Been through a few project cycles mainly in Full Software Life Cycle as I have been there for 13 years. Have been leading a team of 2 to maintain and develop Operational Flight Program for F15 fighter jet. Co-workers are mostly friendly as job stress are not high as compare to commercial world. Hardest part of the job is to satisfy all customer requirements. Enjoyable part of the job is that no work can be brought back home, either complete in the workplace or do it the next day.
Pros
Cannot bring work home
Cons
Prospect is restricted
Obtained a detailed knowledge about the MRO industry’s repair, documentation and safety procedures.
Supportive every time of work Contribute support to the company
I beleive team work and communication are the best way to describe the successfull acheivement in our daily live. Willing to learn attitude and able to blend in to the company culture are the plus in this modern world that keep on changing. Always expected the unespected thing to happen and be brave to face it.
Pros
Gain knowledge and experience. Opportunity to get Type Course
Cons
Unstable work load & paid
The working hours are 8 to 5 and weekend off unless you are required to do overtime. Working collegues are caring and suportive.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Insufficient leave
very good company you will learn too much, teamwork is there..
the company is good, my co workers are good and i learned a lot because of this company..
Working for a company which employs 9000+ employees is very rewarding. Union took care of wages and benefits, we took care of work. Bottom line.
Dynamic and ChallengingCapability setup up of new aircraft components
As Cabin Interior Technician, we are working both in an aircraft cabin and in a shop for removal,dis-assembly,cleaning,inspectionrepair and re-installation of aircraft cabin furnishing.I had learned a lot in my company through meeting people with different nationality culture , attitude and tradition. I have to assist my co-workers workload with permission of my superior's if it needed in order to comply our daily task as prescribed by the manufacturers ,Aircraft Maintenance Manual.My hardest part of my job is to ignore the safety policy/hazards during our working hour with my superior.My most enjoyable part of my job ,when we have already accomplished our daily routine task ..