ST Electronics

ST Electronics Employee Reviews

Singapore99 reviews
Nice, good and Happy working Environment
ST Electronics is a nice, good and happy working Environment. The Boss and Colleagues are nice, they help and guide each other during the working environment. I learn and growth a lot during my working days in ST Electronics.
Learnt new technologies and involved in all parts of work. Sufficient time was given to learning. More activities were developed for the welfare of the employees.
observation during my working period in ST
Productive and political driven, good culture for training and professional growth. Many good colleagues to guide in the work and also have many colleagues fighting for the corporate ladder to reach the top job.
Not a good company
Office politics is high. You need to know how to fit in the game. Look out for bosses who are out of focus. Suggest you don't join this company unless you are desperate for work.
golden rice bowl
A good starting pay with low risk of retreatment. As long as there isn't any major mistake made, the job is safe. Due to competition, high learning curve is required.
Excellent Plae to Learn
It was very rewarding for my 5 years at STE. The management was incredibly generous and supportive. Everyone in my team was very collabrative. I was given a raise and the bonus was amazingly generous.
Management Non-friendly and nuisance
Need improvement in HR and Public Relation. Especially communicate and handling contract staff.
1) Don't treat Contract Staff as Human.

2) Stress staff unnecessarily.

3) Don't take advise from others when they make mistakes.
Stressful and poor management
Poor training and not a positive atmosphere among collegues. Work load not shared evenly among collegues. Favoritism is prevalent in the environment. Thanks
Typical office setting
Depending on the department you are located, and the different levels of supervisors you are reporting to, there are several people you need to work with, not including customers yet.
Great experience at workplace
Overall, ST electronics has given me the opportunities to gain the experience that as an Assistant executive which I never had the chance else where. I really gained alot of experience in STE during the MSF project from Apr 2017 till July 2019, I have learnt alot be it handing challenging clients, problem solving at work as well as planned an event for the bukit batok cluster. Honestly, it was a workplace anyone could asked for as I had great support from my MSF colleagues.
Good company with culture
Working with St electronics
Goals achievements and culture environment. Systematic well organised company. Protecting the staff and skills effectively
As a front desk associate
Working as a front desk associate was a decent job title. My role was to attend to walk in clients for training allowance claim. Check for eligibility before processing. Book appointment for job seekers. Sending emails and general Admin duties.
Company Dinners per three months and Christmas Dinners
Dealing with government mega projects in metro subway station can be very demand due to project time delivery schedule
They provide technical training
Pros
If lucky and have good aptitude can get lot of engineering training
Cons
Long hours and under grounf metro subway stations construction environment
Fast learning workplace
In ST Electronics, you are trained to multi task in a very fast pace working environment. Addressing all upcoming activities based on project schedule to prevent over- run of project delivery. I had learned to adapt to address issues occur in project site. The workplace culture are typical statutory board style. The hardest part of the job are personnel competency & the most enjoyable part are sufficient resources.
Pros
flexible working environment
workplace culture
workplace culture and colleagues are good, knowledge are shared and working life is enjoyable. yearly upgrading courses to attend for build self and team knowledge.
Fun and good working environment
I learned a lot from ST Electronics.
Also made a lot of friends there who supported me when I needed help.

The managers were understanding and easy to talk to.
Good environment and colleagues
The company overall is good, although I am just an intern in the company, everyone treats each other equally and there is hardly any discrimination in the office.
Pros
Stable income
Cons
Boring job
Bad management and culture
ST on the outside appear nice however on the inside looks different. There are difference between permanent and contract staff (outsource) in terms of remuneration package. Contract staff do not get much benefit on the remuneration. The working culture in Transportation Business Unit does not seem to be good. Most of the colleague or senior tend to push the work to someone else to do and they are not supportive but there are handful who are good colleague. Management do not understand nor appreciate the employee work. if there any hip cup the blame will be push to the employee. Came across there are employee who worked for 10 over years still as contract staff and increment is only 10 over dollars. There are people who are talented in TBU but the management do not wish to retain them, this clearly shows they do not appreciate talents. They trained employee well enough so they can leave.
There are restructure in year 2017 and massive of the contract staff were asked to leave due to less project on hand. it is a place to work for a short term but not a long term careers and progression is slow. May consider other Business Unit or organisation except Transportation Business Unit.
Pros
They will follow MOM employment regulation and nothing more or nothing less
Cons
1) Remuneration between permanent and contract staff are different, Working Culture not so good and heavy workload
Stress environment
Personal Development Traits:
• Ability to adapt easily in a challenging environment

• Ability to work under pressure and a good team player

• Conscientious and meticulous person

• Set a high standard of integrity, responsible and professionalism in work
Pros
Can travel
Good for fresh graduates
- Stable salary, bonus and employee share scheme.
- Gain valuable experience and exposure working in a large-scale project

- No work-life balance, progression and promotion are slow. The workload is not well distributed and requires much overtime
Pros
Stable salary
Cons
Long hours, overload and not appreciated
project management
Great Opportunities to explore technical and project managements.

Culture wise not fair to contract employees

Decision making methodology is away from other organisation.