ST Engineering

ST Engineering Employee Reviews

Singapore112 reviews

system engineer

staying power in job rest solely on if the boss like you or not, anyone can do job as there is training provided. overall the job is work life balanced and slow paced

Unproductive, military like organization

Constantly reorg and change of team can be a killer to employee's morale. Many of the so called "manager" are really here to wait for retirement, if your rank is not high, then you will most likely be doing most of the jobs. But I have met some others in the organization who are really on the ball and are good at their job. But the ratio still is like 5:1, can be quite stressful especially for new joiner.

Pros

Free Linkedin Learning ? I dont know

Cons

Top down hierarchical approach, red tapes are everywhere, lots of politics

Full of dino

Entered straight after graduating from Uni. Unable to get along with the older folks around my office probably because they think I am new so I have a lot of learn. Toxic culture and love to talk down on people because they have been in the company longer than all of us. Good retirement company. Join if you like doing repetitive work, wants to earn a stable income.

Pros

Easy Work, Great if you are independent

Cons

Long hours, dino blocking your career progression, mediocre salary

It was not a bad experience

I was looking for an interim career before moving elsewhere and ST provided me with a suitable job.It almost feels like a pseudo SAF with many ex military people working in there. The hardest part was having to work with ex military personnel who left the SAF with something to prove. The easiest part was working with retired officers who were still very keen and enthusiastic.

Great stepping stone.

Great stepping stone for fresh graduates, best to leave after 2 to 5 years, to gain more exposure.Messy documentations, different boss/project leads adopt different document formats.People can have audacity to sleep during work hours and still get paid!, but you can only do this once you have completed the minimum expectation required.

Pros

Caring boss

Cons

Zero progression, Minimum Guidance

full of politics

Pros: 1. high job security 2. larger and established organizationCons:1. full of politics and toxic culture2. zero work-life balance 3. many senior staffs who will make your life difficult

Slow paced and stuck in the 70s

They try to move forward but the management has trouble catching up with modern technology due to a huge generation gap between management and current technological solutions.

Pros

Training program based

For retirement

Pros- Performance Bonus- Variable Bonus- Dental and CIS benefits- Stock scheme for people joined before reorg- Iron rice bowl (stability)Cons- Salary is less than current market rate - Increment is pathetic - Can only bring forward 5 days of leave

Workplace and environment is ok

When first started you will be under outsource worked for 8 years still outsource my apprisal is actually very good written by my supervisor but in the end it does not help still getting outsource status and low salary increment someone even got just a $10 increment only good for graduate treat it as a stepping stone as here you will able to learn alot as you will do alot of jobs that out of your scope which you can learn alot from it so actually is good when you still new gain more experience and find a better workplace 2 year is the best after that can start looking for better offer unless you promoted to perm staff which I doubt.

Pros

Monthly free fruit

Cons

Very low salary increment as low as $10

Good learning ground

-the colleague is helpful and friendly.-however the culture here is to work alot, one person doing more than 1 person's load. -usually need to deal with alot of staff

Pros

The colleague is helpful

Cons

overload with work

Uneven workload

Employees that can do work is overloaded. Employee who cant just follow the flow.Salary Progression is very slow. Luckily the colleagues were nice and willing to teach.

Interesting place

I was posted here for my school internship (ITE). Even though I was more on the hands-on mechanical side, I was given the opportunity to experience doing behind the scenes admin work related to my course.Food around the area is honestly great but considered expensive for interns like me.

Good leaders and a lot of learning

Culture and way of doing are improving over time. The team is going through massive changes. There are still a lot of changes in the organisation, streamlining of process is very important for the team.

Pros

high bonus payout

Cons

Low basic salary

If you need a place to work

Great place for retirement actually. Go outside, ensure your salary reach to a decent amount you like, then hop back in.Management does not consider you well and you are totally expandable. If you are not considered at all, consider leaving

Pros

Great colleagues!

Cons

Poor management

Stable job but underpaid

Stable company to work in. Benefits and salary compensation is not good, only consider if you are joining at a senior management level for retiring. Hope they keep their salary competitive.

Pros

Very stable job

Cons

Low salary

Good starting place for engineers

Work is mainly project based, with a cross functional team. Good work life balance and stable. Good starting place for fresh grads. Compensation package can be more competitive.

For those want Retirement

Not recommended for fresh grads.What you learn not really can bring to your next job.What I say is that anyone can do the job. the only matter is salary and benefit

Pros

Relax, No Stress, Freedom, Good for those retirement.

Cons

Not good for fresh grad. Project is quite messy. what you learn is surface.

Good place

Interview went well and interviewers are friendly. Make me comfortable. Ask relevant questions. Explained well about the job scope. Provide excellent feedbacks.

Pros

Very good place

Cons

Nil

Place with many politics

Pro: work life balanceGet paid for doing nothing muchStableCon: nothing to learnPolitics everywhereCan’t grow as it’s a pyramid hierarchyLousy management

Nice people to work with. Supervisor is very generous with treatment of stuff.

Nice people to work with. Supervisor is very generous with treatment of stuff. Male dominant workplace. People are kind and helpful and fun. No career progression.

Pros

People Culture

Cons

Boring Nothing much to do

Poor management and poor handling of resources

Manpower limited, and each staff will have multiple project to work on. Even when someone leaves, their workload will just be redistributed, without hiring replacement. Workload will just increase.

Pros

Many colleagues are nice and willing to teach

Cons

Overloaded with multiple projects' tasks. Depending on project team, some team mates can be toxic. No communication between management and staffs on tasks, especially for junior or new hire.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ST Engineering