ST Engineering logo
ST Engineering

ST Engineering Employee Reviews

Fuzzy scope

Too many nights. Imbalance scope. Do what peers supposed to but incapable of doing.Too manual process. No budget for automation. Not much effort in digitization.

Pros

New office environment

Cons

Has to be on 24 x 7

Poor

The management does NOT have any long term plan, they are only interested in politics. Until working on project, no plan to design any project. The result is really poor.

Poor management, Poor Morale

Being the professionals that refit and repair the Naval vessels, The customer does not actually take into consideration the irregularities that we face when it comes to vessel refit.Instead, the Management always gives in to their needs instead of explaining that additional demands that need to be met require a longer lead time.You can have all the experience in the world. However the HR management here will still try to short-change you and tell you that you are only worth lesser than your experience.Management do not give a 2 cents worth about your issues and instead make it your problem instead. They would rather let you sink than to step in and help. Complete bunch of Hypocrites

Pros

Company transport from various locations to and fro

Cons

Everything else

Office politics

Office politics, Immediately colleague not helpful, Highly overspent on freight and vendors, Staff playing politics can get Singapore PR easily . . .

Best company to work for...

The company is very good. Reason for me leaving was for greener pastures as I shifted to the east and distance was a bit far. Main office was in jurong. Work place was in kaki bukit.

Pros

Good medical

Cons

Fast pace

Absolutely low salary

Very very low salary.High cost of living makes it even more difficult to sustain.Work life balance is good.But very poor management.Career progress is slow.

Pros

Work life balance.Good for retirees

Cons

Low salary

In need of modernization

Worst tech infrastructure I have ever come across. Refuses to upgrade infrastructure with high end equipment, refuses to purchase new machines for some departments. Long hours and low pay, huge amount of senior old staff members just waiting for retirement. Full of useless Army regulars who can't get a real job in the private sector and end up working here. Probably the only company in Singapore that still uses Sysprep.

Pros

Staff canteen huge food portion if you are early

Cons

Very hot weather in old complex

Na

good working environmental and management. Sutable for all people's . Supported for students and youngers.. Good support for new ideas and methods .......

It was Ok

it was ok. it was fun. it was nothing special. too many work politics. too many unnecessary appoints. forced overtime. my Overtime was not paid. That's all.

A good place to work

-5.5 days working - OT -Not easy to increase Salary -Workshop environment not good enough. -OT not under control. -Annual team building is fun. -Technician feedback and opinion rejected.

Jobs at ST Engineering

See more jobs

Productive and fun to work

Come in office. Checking of the day schedule / task / work. Complete job requirements wherever possible accordingly. In all management are good with room for improvements. Currently the culture is "just follow as instructed". The hardest part of the work is the current workplace culture as mentioned cause as the saying goes "Old Habit Die Hard". Improvements are difficult to achieve. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Office Environments.

Fun Workplace

Good workplace and people to work with. Management is closely connected with people they worked for. People are concerned with their work. Work from home facility is limited. They have good projects

Fun workplace

i feel that ST Electronics is a fun place to work in. It's a good company to start with. However, to me , there's not much job progression. Doing the same thing almost everyday.

Hierarchy and old culture

Day in day out, I conduct presentations from staffs to C-suite levels from all sorts of solutions ST has developed. I deal with clients, presentations, content creation and entire presentation flow and gallery's look and feel. Management here is more towards army style where by all work will be filtered from top down, in Market Development department here, we play the middle person card where by the President give instructions, we will dissect to different department and they will revert back to us for first cut before sending up to the President for delivery of outcome. Apart from that, work here are very regimental and rigid. Your voice wouldn't be heard unless you are one that have stayed here in Company for more than a decade or if your position in ST is as Director level. The hardest part of job is when I wish I can have more chances to learn more in other expects of Marketing Executive, however I am being restrained to conduct my presentations and taking care of the Gallery's input and majority of the time are used up in conducting presentation. My direct boss and head of department also agree that I can't leave my main role as it is to learn more. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have plenty of opportunities to host visits and important guests and delegates coming from different company and different countries, sharing different problems of their company and how they hope ST will aid and help with the problems faced. Which I take pride in introducing and giving them a brief idea of what more we do than just what they see or know in the Gallery.

To my experience good and friendship good.

For my experience in ST I learned alot for my previous LEA and, I shared my knowledge to my friend and college. Best experience that I have during my time in ST.

Coordination, supervision and installation

Coordination to other SWC ( System Wide Contractor) supervision installation of metal works and equipments. To communicate to other people and workers. The mamagement very supportive to the project. The workplace are quite safe. When the maincon change their design. When we finish the project.

Stressful and Fast Paced

A very stressful and fast paced environment with very strict procurement policy which hinders the operations. They have a very understanding and supportive GM and colleagues.

Nil

It’s definitely a good company to start of as fresh graduates. One thing is they acknowledged your effort in the company after 1 year of struggle and 90% of us are under External Contract. All the benefits doesn’t cater to us

Productive and fun workplace

Have acquired a lot of knowledge at ST Engineering. It's a lively and robust working environment. Became good friends with a number of my colleagues as well.

Experienced on Aircraft

Working with young gays and sometimes teach them how to work safely Engineers are good in paper works rather than mechanical experience Management are planning our operations in accordance with company procedures and policies Must meet customers required as possible

LAE in St engineering aerospace

St engineering aerospace is a very big company in Singapore context. Company is very rigid in terms of company Sop. Pay is low compare to its competitors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ST Engineering