St Luke's Hospital

St Luke's Hospital Salary & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Salary & Benefits

A top 100 hospital

Good place to work if you are willing to work fast paced and are able to constantly multi task. This hospital challenges the worker to strive for excellence. If you are not a motivated worker this hospital may be a challenge for you. Do not assume you get 2 breaks and a lunch during your shift. There can be staff shortages but hospital does pay extra incentive if you pick up a shift on top of the overtime.

Cons

High priced cafeteria

Horrible work place qnd horrible management

The office I worked in had many, many flaws. It was a very toxic work environment and our office manager always ignored the complaints from ALL staff and several patients. When people in the office started to go above our office manager to HR, HR would come to our office to hold meetings to tell everyone we are wasting their time by complaining to them and the best they could do is changed our schedules so we didn't interact with each other as much. There was always name calling and yelling in the office every single day. A lot of people felt "that's not my job" and were never willing to help when other emoyees would be overwhelmed. There were a few occasions when physical altercations happened in the office between staff or things like clip boards would be thrown across the office at staff. And these people were never held accountable or punished for their actions, everything was ignored. There is no room for growth, you will never receive a raise and you don't receive support from anyone in the company. Some staff were very helpful and always willing to work/teach/learn new things but it was far and few between.

Very busy environment

Very busy environment staff is overworkedAnd I have not gotten a raise in two years the union has stepped in not to mention no hazard pay during Covid time

Review was great.

My review was good. Had a great experience working learned alot met great people. Hours very flexible with the working schedule staff work good together it was a team work.

Can’t afford to work here.

I work full time, and I literally can’t afford the gas money to get to work and pay my bills... if they want to keep employees they need to pay them enough to do those things.

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Cons

Low pay, low advancement opportunities, low job recognition

Very employee friendly

St Luke's has great benefits and employee appreciation is like no other I have experienced. They truly value their employees. Very organized with an excellent orientation program. Very up to date with medical technology.

Good Place to Work

I miss my job at st lukes sometime. employees were great. exciting job in the ER benefits are good, workload can be heavy at times but always interesting.

Horrible management

Was forced To work 1st 2nd and 3rd shift all in the same week on numerous occasions. What's told on a regular basis that we would be changing our shifts. Sent home after driving 45 minutes to work because of over staffing.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Terrible supervisors. Forced to work all three shifts in one week

St Luke's

It's a great place to work nice staff lovely pay great hours but management was all over the place never had anything in order and was always not on the floor as should be but overall a great place with good pay culture benefits

There was always room for advancement. Team work was great. Some of the nurses were helpful and some were not. Lots of employees perks and benefits that you could utilize

Okay

Different work environment. Lots of drama but it does have PTO and insurance options. Would recommend as a first or second job. Or if one is trying to get a foot in at the hospital.

Very lovely place to do volunteer

Overall I enjoyed doing volunteer here, everyone was polite, experienced walking around the hospital and getting to now everything. Also enjoyed bands on work

Pros

Discount lunches, wide variety of jobs

Cons

Short breaks

Best Place to work In Idaho

Loved working with a team of professionals. Loved being part of a team effort that benefits society in a positive way on a daily basis. Loved working here, met a lot of great people.

Fast working environment, great to work for

I love working at St. Luke's. The hours can be very long but the benefits are great. It is a very fast paced place to work and you are always doing something. The people are great! It can be stressful and the day can go on forever, but you feel very successful after a good long days work. The hardest part about the job is getting close to some patients and then they leave. It is very enjoyable because you know that you are helping someone else, and making someone smile is the best part of my day. My boss is a very amazing woman, and she treat everyone with so much respect. She understands her employees and works with them when it comes to home life and certain situations. I have learned so much from working with St. Luke's , so much more than working with other care centers.

Pros

Discount on lunches

Cons

Short breaks for such long hours

Overall great place to work, good job security

St Luke’s is a great place to work. Benefits are good. Definitely good job security. Overall work culture is good. Management cares about the employees and looks to make improvements.

Pros

Good benefits, opportunity for advancement and learning

Cons

Depending on job position may have to work weekends or holidays

Good docs; heads decided to cut out my job

There was such competition & stress to perform more and more each day. So, they computerized it to voice activated transcription and lowered their standard of care by the junk the computer let go by. I am sure medications especially (even in my records I later saw) were error ridden. I did not want to see my career get sloppy. It sent me home until I could get retrained I worked retail.

Pros

excellent benefits

Cons

Upper management really disliked my dept--we were too costly

Needs to walk the talk.

The work is great, the patients are great, the money is great, but few uppers smile, or give an encouraging word. To be more positive, give a pat on the back even once in a while, would make this a perfect work environment.

Pros

Great money and benefits

Cons

Egotistical people who feel better after making others feel bad.

Tv in break rooms.

ST. Lukes is a very good place to work. Great benefits! My boss and coworkers are awesome. The longer you work there the more you can accumulate PTO hours. Always doing fun potlucks and celebrating holidays. Always very understanding if a emergency would come up. They have childcare at the hospital if you need. We would get discounts in the cafeteria. They also give you extended sick leave. Also assist with furthering your education. All the healthcare workers are very professional.

Pros

Help with assisting your education

Cons

High cost of insurance.

Ac-1 best work team environment

I enjoyed my career at St Luke's. Employees were valued and recognized. The company offered many benefits and and was willing to work with you to help advancement.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Short breaks unpaid lunch

ok

I worked at St. Luke's for 2 years. Quick paced work environment in quiet suburb setting. St. Luke's provides good benefits and has competitive wages.

benefits great

great benefits; need to work on management, enjoyed educating all the coders and helping others to succeed; the benefits were awesome and reasonable; too many department conflicts

benefits

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Luke's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• St Luke's Hospital