St. James's Place Wealth Management

St. James's Place Wealth Management Employee Reviews

Okay place to work if managers like you

Would recommend to gain experience for a better job in future. Management aren’t the best but will do ok if they like you. Systems can also be a pain.

Awful

Awful place to work, pay was very low considering the amount of money this company must have, and the whole time you're treated like a maid! Having to go round tidying everything up, making management lunch (and they don't even have the manners or decency to say thank you!!) and doing all the awful jobs when you're meant to be admin. If you aren't 'posh' you won't fit in!!

Avoid if possible

Very low pay for the amount and level of work you are required to do, no or very little opportunity to progress in your role. From my experience, you are looked at like just another number.. I definitely would not recommend

Low salary, high expectations , stressful

I’ve been working for them for 1 year … same money , newbies earning more.They ask you to start earlier no extra pay.Managers are working from home, breaks are ridiculous, expectations are high and very stressful environment. I wouldn’t recommend st James place.They should Look after their employees. paying minimum wage , gender pay gap….

Typical sale ish

promise of promotions that never come unless someone leaves e.g. told that after exams done and numbers on board promotion granted never happened though and not just with me, people on my desk for 3 years promised promotions even though great numbers and exceeding kpis

Terrible culture

Bullied by manager over a number of years and nothing was done about it despite complaining. Terrible culture and not a positive experience in any way. It appears the only way to progress is to be an ar**hole

Good company to work for.

Decent company to work for. As I was self employed I had autonomy to work in my own way, provided that the St James's Place Wealth Management processes were followed.

Hard work but rewarded for it

Advising clients to maximise their wealth. Com-let’s g files and generally completing administration of the clients financial needs. Great friendship within the partnership

Cons

Long ohurs

Excellent place to work

Loved working there, had a great manager, autonomy over my role, good pay, lovely office right next to a park. Gym next door so had a great work live balance. All colleagues were really friendly, supportive - would highly recommend.

Lonely workplace

can be interesting if given enough work but despite wanting to progress I am taken advantage of and not being invested into. poor management difficult to have handover meeting

Pros

get to go home early if no work

Cons

Lonely & not encouraged to further develop

Poor Management Structure and Individuals

FTSE 100 company that say the right things but don't do them. Poor culture and unethical practices. Managers are sharp but not people managers and have been promoted on length of service and not capable managers.

Great Experiance

overall a great contract to work on , lovely people, environment, enjoyed working for them. enjoyed the variation of work, meeting people, out of office events. A happy experience

Pros

opportuites

Cons

Very competative company - Parking

High pace

Pay is medium but good benefits that suited me but not for all. Progression can be difficult. Pastoral care improved during the time I was there. Work/life balance very dependent on individual management.

N/a

Great Company, which provide a great balance between work and personal life. Everyone is keen to help and support junior staff. It is a great place to start your career.

Great place to work.

A really great place to work; everyone is friendly and always willing to help each other. Work/Life balance is perfect and there is plenty of opportunity to learn. Salaries are a bit lower than other major employees in the area but the benefits are very good.

Pros

Cons

None that I have experienced so far.

Cleaner

I’m evening cleaner. Belfast. My boss told me just they don’t want you be back. There is no reason. I clean well from worst to now 2 months. Have to put this down and make sure other don’t clean there. Money is good but they are very annoying people and bother you every night in work, don’t do it. Contract isn’t belonging with them it’s other. My boss check job if clean or not. I saw myself tonight. My boss said nothing was wrong or any problems. If I’m late that Is fair. Or didn’t do anything or sitting down no nothing was like that.

Productive and educational

Within the UK’s leading wealth management company my role as a marketing consultant was to generate new clients and filter them to the appropriate wealth managers.

Good Place to progress in depending on department

Good place if you can progress, some hierarchy think they are better than everyone else... spoken to quite rudely. depending on department you are included in events

SJP Culture

Very clicky place. Line managers have their favourite employees and anyone else that comes in to the team are ostasized. Bad mouthing is a daily occurance and lunchtimes are more like a popularity contest. People throw you under the bus at any given opportunity and instead of allowing you to grow you are made to feel inadequate. Salaries are v.low Salary is appaling

Paternalistic & Traditional in outlook

This is a company that looks after their staff and provides a nice environment to work in. There is a great emphasis on tradition (even though a young company) and career progress if you wish to become a financial planner.

Great people

Some amazing people, and some out of date managers. SJP thought me a lot and helped me discover exactly which areas of finance I want to be in and most importantly which area, and company type I want to work with. It thought how much I value ethics within a management structure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. James's Place Wealth Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare St. James's Place Wealth Management with

• St. James's Place Wealth Management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?