Stamford American International School

Stamford American International School Employee Reviews

Work/life balance. Good bosses.

What I enjoyed here is the trust my boss placed in me to deliver my work deliverable and gives me total control and independence to get the work done. And work / life balance here is encouraged at all levels.

Loved working there only left because I wanted to relocate back to Europe/UK. However, I would really reccommend working there, a great place to live and work!

No proper SOPs

Different culture, No work life balances, No bonuses. There was no proper handover but workload was just thrown in and asked to settle on your own. No proper instructions are given. During interview was not informed that this scope has to manage the procurement needs for 2 different schools and locations but when job was started it was instructed that one has to go to work in 2 locations simultaneously and no transport allowances will be given. This place has no 13th month bonus offered.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Wonderful school

Great place to work and enjoy the teaching profession.

Libarary Assistant

Enjoyed working with great kids. Staff is very welcoming. Direct manager was very respectful and understanding. I always felt included in any discuss on idea to bring into the library,

Pros

Cafe

Cons

Singapore Heat

More of a Business than a School

The students are great and the colleagues you great to work with are really good for the most part. The school is far more interested in making money though, sometimes at the expense of what is best for the students. The pay is also less than most schools in the area, even though more time is required.

Great!

I love working here! Great international minded students and teachers. Good benefits and work environment with the latest technology and resources. I wouldn't mind staying here forever if I had to!

a lot of conflict of interest

Management always have conflict of interest Average salary very low or no training at all poor management still a young company without standards not recommended

Productive and fun work place

We have trainings and seminars on how to improve our teaching skills, not just improving our skills but also our team spirit. Helping each other overcome our weaknesses and improve them. Giving advice and share technics on how we can assist the students with their studies. The school also conducts summer camp for IB schools in Singapore which are part of Cognita, where we can interact and work with teachers and students from other school which is a good experience.

Pros

Free lunches on trainings and seminars. Summer camp

I had to assist 5 teachers who had students from grade 3 -5.Doing up their bulletin boards,preparation of the next day lessons,photocopying,cutting and laminating,had to coach a student who had special needs.I also helped out with the CCA soccer after school hours.

Pros

Loved being around children

Cons

Had to assist too many teachers

Jobs at Stamford American International School

See more jobs

great and wonderful direct supervisors but communication gap

Stamford is a wonderful place with great people! It is a relatively new school, therefore they are still working on their policies and procedures. However, the staff working here is honest, loyal and hardworking, and we are slowly but surly moving towards set guidelines. I have had a chance to learn a lot about American/IB education system and have had a chance to work with one of the best educators. My direct supervisors have been extremely helpful and supportive and have been good mentors. They have guided me as to what Professional Development I should go for, how to prioritize and schedule my projects in. Everybody around here is helpful and the most fun part about job is the kids and the energy they radiate! You can feel their excitement on their first ad last days, when they are learning something of their interest, or when they are meeting their favorite personality.

Pros

flexible environment and cyclical work load

Cons

communication gap-people are not informed of changes in a timely manner.

Stamford American International School

Stamford is an IB school and we believe in encouraging our children to achieve more than they expect. Its based more on research and project based learning. Teaching at Stamford has helped me to enhance my teaching skills are be a life-long learner. We have a great management that takes interest in students and teachers needs. We believe in giving respect and maintaining a multicultural environment. I enjoy teaching and helping each child to believe that they can achieve their goals. The hardest part of the job is there is never enough time.

Pros

Teachers get a discount at the cafeteria.

Sports and Athletics

Most enjoyable moments of the job is working together with my colleagues and see the students grow through training. Even though at timeshare are frictions with others which is normal in a huge school, i have grown to be more forgiving and understand cultures of a lot more races.

No comment.

I have not much to comment however, the school is still a new organization and its constantly growing. Perhaps it is still growing, many people are not setting ideal expectations or contributing professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stamford American International School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Stamford American International School Reviews by Location