Starbucks
Coronavirus update
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Singapore150 reviews
Really good working environment if you enjoy a fast paced and customer facing role. Physically demanding if you work on the floor but it keeps you going
- Fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Multi Tasking routines

- High standard of procedures for food and beverage handling

- Having a warm, welcoming culture where everyone has a sense of belonging
Fun learning with other baristas and partners.
there are more sociable partners who love coffee.

Upper management is not considerate about us, is just all about sales and food management but it does not make sense to us in the end.

Money varies on your willingness to learn. basic is $7.50 but will upgrade if you upgrade yourself to next level.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Part time works like 2 to 3 days (20 hours per week)
I enjoyed my time while working at starbucks. Overall I learned a lot as a barista, making drinks, and crafting the right beverages. It was an enjoyable experience.
It is very routined. Very easy to pick up and execute tasks. The age group tend to be youthful, easy to get along with co-workers. Generally enjoyable work environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun and enjoyable workplace along with nice colleagues.

Although it does get a bit annoying to handle difficult customers and their requests.

Could definitely improve their salaries and incentives to employees given the amount of tasks we do to ensure the store runs smoothly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Underpaid
Learnt a lot about how to make drinks and carry out day to day operational activities. Was able to see what goes behind the scenes of a store, which was really enriching
Good working environment, with many good co workers that help me to learn the ropes of being a barista and to offer good customer service. I also learnt to work in a busy environment.
A place to learn more about coffee and tea. Learn how make latte art ..Each coffee has their on recipe to make by barista..
Will teach us how was coffee found
It was great and fun but depend on the Store you are working at, the salary wise to me personally is not worth the job you are doing it and so the benefits. Overall is a fun place to work, you meet a lot of great people there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
Generally it was fun working with Starbucks as they do take into account employee’s benefit and treat everyone as a partner instead a staff. However the way management and supervisors on shift deal with work can be improved and then it will definitely value add to employees overall personal development and growth.
The management was okay. A typical day at work would be making drinks for the customers and basic housekeeping. I have learned quite alot since I started working at Starbucks. The workplace really helped me with my interaction skills as I have problem initiating conversation with strangers. The hardest part of the job is having to memorise the ingredients for the drinks and the steps however I really did enjoyed my time while I was working there as the partners and managers were kind and fun and it was easy to get along with them.
Fantastic team work, supportive management. Good structure and clear guidelines.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers but that is as per usual, however, there were many supportive regulars as well as great team support.
The schedule is flexible, so I can study and work at the same time. Interesting work environment where u learn not just making coffee but the history behind it.
A good first job and that's about it. Management expects a lot but there appears to be a disconnect between them and the lower floor. I suppose one benefit is you are in a fairly secure position.
Fun and supportive partners. Management took care of the staff really well and there will always be opportunities for improvement and to upgrade yourself. Don’t be intimidated by the crowd, it’s really a fun place to work at.
Pros
Staff discount, casual uniform, fun environment
Cons
Always changing menu
A lot of new drinks come in, have to learn a lot of recipes so I would say that’s stressful, nonetheless it’s a fun place to work customers are friendly and it’s chill environment
Pros
Free food
Cons
Many drinks
A typical day of work involves putting on a bright smile to assist customers in finding the best drink and food pairing that would suit their tastebuds. In my 4 years of working under Starbucks as a part-time barista, I've learned to be patient, to think rationally and calmly. There have been countless instances where I encounter difficult customers that tests my patience, willing me to act out. If I'm being completely honest, the most difficult part of the job would be handling the customers. Their demands can be exhausting to deal with and with that, i've learned to handle those customers with a calmer mindset.

I've worked with my types of characters during my time here. Each and every one of them have been amazing, positive influences. I look up to most of them, wishing that I will continue to grow positively. Everyday with my partners starts my shift on a positive note.
often required to do closing shifts. when scheduled to do full shifts, i'll be at a nearby store from morning to afternoon and at own store at afternoon to closing. required to do minimum 3 full shifts straight per week.
Working at Starbucks can be fun
I’ve learn a lot from there

But there’s also alot of Malays , if you have friendly and non racist colleagues you are fine, if not they are always speaking their language around you.

I met quite a number of really nice supervisor before I become one. They do have good leaders there.

Just that salary won’t be enough for me to survive since I’m renting room to stay now
I enjoyed the making drink part and some people there are nice. I have to learn how to make all the drinks within 2 weeks so that's quite tough but i did ur