Starbucks
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista105 reviews
Singapore105 reviews
Really good working environment if you enjoy a fast paced and customer facing role. Physically demanding if you work on the floor but it keeps you going
I enjoyed my time while working at starbucks. Overall I learned a lot as a barista, making drinks, and crafting the right beverages. It was an enjoyable experience.
Fun and enjoyable workplace along with nice colleagues.

Although it does get a bit annoying to handle difficult customers and their requests.

Could definitely improve their salaries and incentives to employees given the amount of tasks we do to ensure the store runs smoothly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Underpaid
Learnt a lot about how to make drinks and carry out day to day operational activities. Was able to see what goes behind the scenes of a store, which was really enriching
Good working environment, with many good co workers that help me to learn the ropes of being a barista and to offer good customer service. I also learnt to work in a busy environment.
The management was okay. A typical day at work would be making drinks for the customers and basic housekeeping. I have learned quite alot since I started working at Starbucks. The workplace really helped me with my interaction skills as I have problem initiating conversation with strangers. The hardest part of the job is having to memorise the ingredients for the drinks and the steps however I really did enjoyed my time while I was working there as the partners and managers were kind and fun and it was easy to get along with them.
Fantastic team work, supportive management. Good structure and clear guidelines.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers but that is as per usual, however, there were many supportive regulars as well as great team support.
The schedule is flexible, so I can study and work at the same time. Interesting work environment where u learn not just making coffee but the history behind it.
A good first job and that's about it. Management expects a lot but there appears to be a disconnect between them and the lower floor. I suppose one benefit is you are in a fairly secure position.
Fun and supportive partners. Management took care of the staff really well and there will always be opportunities for improvement and to upgrade yourself. Don’t be intimidated by the crowd, it’s really a fun place to work at.
Pros
Staff discount, casual uniform, fun environment
Cons
Always changing menu
A lot of new drinks come in, have to learn a lot of recipes so I would say that’s stressful, nonetheless it’s a fun place to work customers are friendly and it’s chill environment
Pros
Free food
Cons
Many drinks
A typical day of work involves putting on a bright smile to assist customers in finding the best drink and food pairing that would suit their tastebuds. In my 4 years of working under Starbucks as a part-time barista, I've learned to be patient, to think rationally and calmly. There have been countless instances where I encounter difficult customers that tests my patience, willing me to act out. If I'm being completely honest, the most difficult part of the job would be handling the customers. Their demands can be exhausting to deal with and with that, i've learned to handle those customers with a calmer mindset.

I've worked with my types of characters during my time here. Each and every one of them have been amazing, positive influences. I look up to most of them, wishing that I will continue to grow positively. Everyday with my partners starts my shift on a positive note.
often required to do closing shifts. when scheduled to do full shifts, i'll be at a nearby store from morning to afternoon and at own store at afternoon to closing. required to do minimum 3 full shifts straight per week.
I enjoyed the making drink part and some people there are nice. I have to learn how to make all the drinks within 2 weeks so that's quite tough but i did ur
working at starbucks is fun and challenging at the same time i get to communicate with customer daily and work in a fast paced job environment i would recommend friends to start there
Is an awesome company that i woild recommend yougster that is fully energetic and loves coffee. Who wanna learn more about history of coffee and loves to communicate with others
Working at Starbucks, is merely exhausting with the amount of workload they put on their staffs where as the amount we get at the end of the month doesn't tele up. All we get is scolding and bashing up of words and nags from the higher ups like what we didnt do right , when we just did it before. Had high hopes working with the company but after seeing the management screwed up, i would rather take myself someplace i can expand my coffee knowledge to.
Good learning platform. Higher chanves to upgrade ourself. And very well know conpanyaround world everyone should try. It has a career pathway of future
Fast paced, may be paid slightly lower than deserved but the working environment is highly collaborative and instills a sense of camaraderie. High learning curve which feels rewarding.
I worked at Starbucks for a few months and I felt that the atmosphere was friendly, there was a lot of communication between the staff and customer.However, it is fast-paced and stressful as i had to handle a lot of orders while trying to remember the recipes. I feel that I was underpaid considering the hours I worked and the work load.
A typical day at work would start with me clearing tables and rubbish at the front of the house followed by wiping down the glass doors then proceeding inside to start taking and making orders. The most enjoyable part would be interacting with regular customers.