Starbucks
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Shift Manager22 reviews
Singapore22 reviews
A place to learn more about coffee and tea. Learn how make latte art ..Each coffee has their on recipe to make by barista..
Will teach us how was coffee found
It was great and fun but depend on the Store you are working at, the salary wise to me personally is not worth the job you are doing it and so the benefits. Overall is a fun place to work, you meet a lot of great people there.
Working at Starbucks can be fun
I’ve learn a lot from there

But there’s also alot of Malays , if you have friendly and non racist colleagues you are fine, if not they are always speaking their language around you.

I met quite a number of really nice supervisor before I become one. They do have good leaders there.

Just that salary won’t be enough for me to survive since I’m renting room to stay now
I love the culture practiced by Starbucks, and Starbucks has taught me a lot of things from Day 1. The rapport amongst managers and partners is extremely good and it enhances our interpersonal communication skills
Pros
Fun, fast-paced, warm environment, easy tasks once you get the hang of it/passionate about it
Cons
Not worth the pay for so many tasks done
It was a fun and productive workplace. Ample learning opportunities. However, the stores that you are posted to can destroy you physically and mentally.
Starbucks is a place where you can really learn a lot about the service industry while having fun on shift. I highly recommend the company for students looking for a part-time and also for a lengthy full-time career, as advancement is slow but sure.
The people you work with will always be fun, the job is fun, time passes on too quick. However, the pay is too low to do it full time, the management takes care of your well being and would always want career advancements for yourself.
Pros
people, job culture, company culture
Cons
salary
Not a job u want to retire in. They don't value long time partners. U leave and thats it. They treat u like your disposable and replaceable just like any corporation. If it wasn't for the people. I would have left earlier. These good people kept my sanity where it shud be. Glad I left.
Great place to have work life balance. Store’s management depends on culture of the store manager. Great time working with youngsters and older group age. All and all, great place to work at.
A Fun workplace to work with a mixture of great clients and team.
Though work hour may be long, but benefits is there.

Built new skill sets during the tenure there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
Staff benefit such as annual leave, medical
Salary increases every year

Meal provided

Flexible working shift

Good training for staff

Fun working enviroment
Pros
Staff meal, 5 days work, medical
Coach and guide new partners
Ensure the availability of products

Help store manager to run store

Ensure the monthly achievement of sales target

Ensure all partners follows SOC

Ensure all equipment and cleanliness in order

Manage and handle store so that the store can be run

smoothly

Handle the complaints from customers

Knowledge in Coffee master
Pros
free meal
A typical day at work is entirely dependent on the location of the store. Stores located in typically busy locations (e.g. shopping malls, community centers, CBD area) will face a more constant up-time than downtime.

While not impossible, work-life balance can be difficult due to the nature of shift work as well as various other circumstances. Stress management is extremely vital for this career.

Opportunities to advance your career at any point are plenty. There are also plenty of chances to connect with customers over coffee allowing you to form lasting bonds with them. At the same time, interactions with customers can be just as challenging where a level head and a strong grasp on conflict management will be advantageous.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Connection with customers
Cons
Challenging customers, Work-life balance can be difficult
Young, fun vibe workplace
Coffee Culture

On-going coffee training

Great teamwork

Great Barista

Enjoyable

Once confirm staff, will be given Beans Stock
Pros
Staff Meal provided
Cons
Nil
Everyday is a learning experience, learning is a regular thing that will occur when working at Starbucks. Great environment to grow and know more about the company and to expose to new experiences.
Pros
Free meals
all the staff been well train and able to work with other staff well.
well management and fun workplace. every shift of 8.8 hour with rotation shift . as a shift supervisor we need to manage the operation well and hit daily sale target .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Whichever starbucks you are attached to, you will find the people working in this industry to be very outgoing & friendly most of the time. Fun and exciting colleagues makes it even more interesting to work here! :) However, starbukcs always have this 1 for 1 promotion and the queue never end until it’s time and the slam can really get out of hand sometimes but we still manage to pull it through together as a team.
Pros
Dinner & dance, store outing
Cons
I really happy to be apart Starbucks Coffee Malaysia.. much experience I had been learned from here. And now I'm still prefer to work at starbucks singapore
Starbucks is an ideal stepping stone for graduates with zero job experience.
It exposes you to business trends, customer engagement,cash handling and the utmost importance working in a team.
Pros
lenient work schedule
Cons
career advancement, benefits
Everyday is a new challenge, I believe, to grow and nurture one another. Starbucks gives me opportunities to inspire not just my co-workers, but our customers as well.
Great bond between partners and able to meet lots of different faces each day. Make friends with regulars. Manage the team and handling cash. Able to learn progressively in work and while coaching new staffs.