Starbucks
Coronavirus update
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Salary & Benefits reviews

Singapore150 reviews
Fun learning with other baristas and partners.
there are more sociable partners who love coffee.

Upper management is not considerate about us, is just all about sales and food management but it does not make sense to us in the end.

Money varies on your willingness to learn. basic is $7.50 but will upgrade if you upgrade yourself to next level.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Part time works like 2 to 3 days (20 hours per week)
A place to learn more about coffee and tea. Learn how make latte art ..Each coffee has their on recipe to make by barista..
Will teach us how was coffee found
It was great and fun but depend on the Store you are working at, the salary wise to me personally is not worth the job you are doing it and so the benefits. Overall is a fun place to work, you meet a lot of great people there.
The schedule is flexible, so I can study and work at the same time. Interesting work environment where u learn not just making coffee but the history behind it.
Working at Starbucks can be fun
I’ve learn a lot from there

But there’s also alot of Malays , if you have friendly and non racist colleagues you are fine, if not they are always speaking their language around you.

I met quite a number of really nice supervisor before I become one. They do have good leaders there.

Just that salary won’t be enough for me to survive since I’m renting room to stay now
Working at Starbucks, is merely exhausting with the amount of workload they put on their staffs where as the amount we get at the end of the month doesn't tele up. All we get is scolding and bashing up of words and nags from the higher ups like what we didnt do right , when we just did it before. Had high hopes working with the company but after seeing the management screwed up, i would rather take myself someplace i can expand my coffee knowledge to.
increase the salary for workers and to compite with other company. it will help people that have huge commitment and to stay with the company.money is motivation for people to work also.
Good excellent nice atmosphere good team nice customer everyone nice with you good wages funny colleagues good culture management nice get benefits all good
Working at Starbucks gave me a unique opportunity to be a barista. However, as Starbucks is a cafe, there is a lot of work to do, such as serving customers and cleaning up after them. Even though it is rewarding to finish a day of service, the work to pay ratio is not balanced as we do not get any pay increase regardless of working on public holidays or OT.
Pros
Staff meals, Transport fee
Cons
Long hours, sometimes understaffed
The people you work with will always be fun, the job is fun, time passes on too quick. However, the pay is too low to do it full time, the management takes care of your well being and would always want career advancements for yourself.
Pros
people, job culture, company culture
Cons
salary
Fun and flexible job.
During peak hours, there will be crowds and I have learn how to cope with the stress during work and how to handle customers as well as interpersonal skills.
It was a productive place to be in as it was a very busy place for sure there were opportunities to learn and grow at the same time as well as also learn the opportunities
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
busy environment yet mood of daily shift depends on coworkers. Relatively low waged job judging from the amount of work that is expected of us. Most suitable for students who wish to take up a flexible part-time job.
Pros
free coffee!!
Cons
underpaid
Being a part-time starbucks barista was my first job out of secondary school. I recommend it as it's good for students who want a decent paying job that is fun and requires low commitment. Job schedule is very flexible and is dependant on when you're free to work. Overall, a great job!
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
Pay is not the best
fun workplace/partners
customers are normally rude

fastpaced working environment

tiring

long hours of standing
requires a lot of energy
learnt how to do latte art
It was fun to work there and I learnt many relevant customer service skills. The only downside was the very low wages in comparison to the work put in
In my opinion, this is more like a part timer job where you just want to earn a little income while studying. However, if you like working in a F&B sector, then you can definitely consider this a long term career and slowly upgrade yourself to a store manager.
Pros
Enjoy Starbucks coffee and pastries
Cons
Hard to find replacement to cover in case of an emergency
A Fun workplace to work with a mixture of great clients and team.
Though work hour may be long, but benefits is there.
Built new skill sets during the tenure there
Staff benefit such as annual leave, medical
Salary increases every year
Meal provided

Flexible working shift

Good training for staff

Fun working enviroment
Pros
Staff meal, 5 days work, medical
A typical day at starbucks is extremely busy, due to the fact its one of the ones at the airport.. i have learned a lot of different ways of making coffee drinks. the hardest part of working at starbucks is the fact that you work at the airport so things are not quite like the outside starbucks.
Pros
Grerat employees, Benefits
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Learning on how to draw on shots of espresso. Able to be learning on how to pair food with coffee, By tasting the coffee or tea, I am able to explain to customer why would i recommend coffee or tea to some of my customer.
Pros
having discount for food and drinks
Cons
Long hours and less pay