Starbucks
Starbucks Employee Review

January 24, 2020
A typical day of work involves putting on a bright smile to assist customers in finding the best drink and food pairing that would suit their tastebuds. In my 4 years of working under Starbucks as a part-time barista, I've learned to be patient, to think rationally and calmly. There have been countless instances where I encounter difficult customers that tests my patience, willing me to act out. If I'm being completely honest, the most difficult part of the job would be handling the customers. Their demands can be exhausting to deal with and with that, i've learned to handle those customers with a calmer mindset.

I've worked with my types of characters during my time here. Each and every one of them have been amazing, positive influences. I look up to most of them, wishing that I will continue to grow positively. Everyday with my partners starts my shift on a positive note.
June 9, 2020
Same role
Barista (Former Employee) - Singapore
Really good working environment if you enjoy a fast paced and customer facing role. Physically demanding if you work on the floor but it keeps you going
April 15, 2020
Same role
Barista (Former Employee) - Singapore
I enjoyed my time while working at starbucks. Overall I learned a lot as a barista, making drinks, and crafting the right beverages. It was an enjoyable experience.
April 10, 2018
Same roleSame location
Part-time Barista (Current Employee) - Woodlands
An ordinary work day at Starbucks is empowering and enriching, with new things to learn from every shift. The workplace culture breaks free from hierarchies between employer and employee, encouraging relationships to develop out of respect and recognition rather than a fixated boss-worker relationship. Getting to know in depth about the lives and personalities of my customers gives me the greatest satisfaction out of this job. However, occasionally there will be difficult customers which we will have to appease to, disregarding our pride and sometimes logic. Despite setbacks, the management ensures that employees' are contented with their jobs and reward employees that deserves to be acknowledged.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly working environment
Cons
Low salary