Starbucks
Coronavirus update
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Singapore150 reviews
Really good working environment if you enjoy a fast paced and customer facing role. Physically demanding if you work on the floor but it keeps you going
The people you work with will always be fun, the job is fun, time passes on too quick. However, the pay is too low to do it full time, the management takes care of your well being and would always want career advancements for yourself.
Pros
people, job culture, company culture
Cons
salary
Fun and flexible job.
During peak hours, there will be crowds and I have learn how to cope with the stress during work and how to handle customers as well as interpersonal skills.
Not a job u want to retire in. They don't value long time partners. U leave and thats it. They treat u like your disposable and replaceable just like any corporation. If it wasn't for the people. I would have left earlier. These good people kept my sanity where it shud be. Glad I left.
Starbucks is a great place to work like customer service and partner oriented company. Starbucks provide all types of benifit to the partner and customer comes first for it. It says customer is always right makes them happy. Thanks
Pros
3 beverages and 1 food
Cons
8 hours
*I've learn how a coffee bean made from.Because different types of coffee beans, will came from different region.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is that the customer will say thank you because the customer appreciates your services.
Pros
Free meal and drinks
Starbucks is a excellent to jump start in the career world with good environmet, well balance work load and fast pace. They uphold tightly on their mission and vision to provide best experience for their customers and well as the employees
Pros
Employee meals given
Cons
Juggling of tasks
It was a productive place to be in as it was a very busy place for sure there were opportunities to learn and grow at the same time as well as also learn the opportunities
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
A typical day at work would be arranging the food display, checking stocks, checking mark-out dates, preparing coffee and ingredients, managing the cashier and orders.
I learnt how to handle food and the importance of hygiene (Starbucks let me go through a hygiene course), I had to study about the basics of coffee tasting and food pairing so I can recommend to customers if they ever ask for recommendations. I also learnt to do what I need to more effectively and the I learnt the importance behind time management. Workplace culture was great as my manager took care of me and my colleagues very well. All of us got along with each other. The hardest part of the job was actually leaving Starbucks due to school. And the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked together with.
Pros
Free food and drink item to claim per shift
Cons
Sometimes can be quite hectic during the peak hours, not suitable for people who cannot take high levels of stress
busy environment yet mood of daily shift depends on coworkers. Relatively low waged job judging from the amount of work that is expected of us. Most suitable for students who wish to take up a flexible part-time job.
Pros
free coffee!!
Cons
underpaid
i learned many things like customer relationships,working in teams,handle the problem.the workplace culture is quite energetic.in my point of view the hardest part of the job is when some customer reacting on uneccessary things like they were upset with their life and they remove all the anger at their to control them at that situation is difficult.Most enjoyable thing is in this job is working with a team
Pros
free lunches
- Take the customer's order
- Make the drink for the customer

- Clear the tables and arrange the tables and chairs

- Wash the dishes

- Mop and sweep the floor

- Coffee Tasting

I learned how to handle customers, stay calm even when there's a long queue. I learned how to make the drinks and how to do coffee tasting. I feel that the hardest part of the job is not panicking regardless of the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Being a part-time starbucks barista was my first job out of secondary school. I recommend it as it's good for students who want a decent paying job that is fun and requires low commitment. Job schedule is very flexible and is dependant on when you're free to work. Overall, a great job!
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
Pay is not the best
Everyday is a new beginning for a great day.
I learned a lot and really helped me gain my confidence in everything i do that encourage me to give more effort to make achieve a perfect result.

The management are well manage.

All staff are very supportive to each other.

I took the challenges that I faced before as a learning process.
Pros
Great incentive
Cons
Travelling from Malaysia
fun workplace/partners
customers are normally rude

fastpaced working environment

tiring

long hours of standing

requires a lot of energy

learnt how to do latte art
Working in the town area can be hectic. The team of employees at Paragon Outlet often work hard together to hit the sales target. Overall, a driven team of people which made it an enjoyable workplace. Often, we also make good connections with customers from different race/religion/countries through a cup of coffee!
Great place to have work life balance. Store’s management depends on culture of the store manager. Great time working with youngsters and older group age. All and all, great place to work at.
Working at Starbucks helps me to work out the speed on providing the best for our customers. Thanks to my colleagues and mainly my manager, I had learnt about the basics of making different types of coffee such as latte, cappuccino and etc. The workplace was undeniably fun even though the work pressure was on us but we still maintain the pace in order to see the smiles in our customers's faces. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles not only to the customers but also the smiles from the colleagues.
Pros
Partner's meal and drinks
Cons
Na
I did serving drinks to customers and doing cashoer and also food warming I also did my coffe master programme to got a coffee master aporon and I enjoyable thing is to talk to customers. I also do a coffee master
Pros
free lunch
Cons
yes long jours
It was fun to work there and I learnt many relevant customer service skills. The only downside was the very low wages in comparison to the work put in
In my opinion, this is more like a part timer job where you just want to earn a little income while studying. However, if you like working in a F&B sector, then you can definitely consider this a long term career and slowly upgrade yourself to a store manager.
Pros
Enjoy Starbucks coffee and pastries
Cons
Hard to find replacement to cover in case of an emergency