StarHub

StarHub Employee Reviews

Slow career growth.
I deal with consumer and business customers via e-mail and sometimes call on a daily basis. Sometimes, there are some difficult cases but I still manage to handle them well.
A Typical Singapore Local Company
Starhub is a typical Singapore company. The basic pay for is lower than the market offerings. The workload is heavy and I find the company unproductive
Productive and fun workplace
My department practices open door policy. My superiors are approachable and flexible. Fun working environment. Always dealing with challenging cases but it can be fulfilling once we were able to resolve the issues.
Family feeling
Great characters all around from the staff to top management. Very friendly & family oriented. Left due to working hours not suited to my lifestyle which involves taking care is two young kids.
Good boss and colleagues
i have been working in Starhub 5 yrs, would say my dept culture is like US MNC, they encourage work life balance. The peers are co-operative and willing to guide and share knowledge to each others
Pros
Better Benefits
Cons
Fast pace
Prodcutive and Fun
There is good process for work to be efficiently carried out. There is training provided to help encourage work growth. The job ownership and accountability are clear to encourage productivity.
poor management
lack of work life balance
Good that it is fast-paced and challenging

poor management direction

Good middle management

Competitive environment with high turnover rate
Excellent
Telecommunication industry experienced the booming stage, the sun rise.
Currently, it is in the sun set. With the change of usage trend of the subscribers, the industry is declining.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at StarHub?
Work life balance
Good work and benefits in IT. Office hours are okay. Management is rigid a bit and need to be open minded to ideas, suggestions and efficiency. Culture is singaporean
Fun and conducive
Bosses were great, understanding and helpful. I learn a lot at work and my peers.
Everyone was helpful. Picking up the job was easy. Takes effort on your part to put in the work but overall a great place.
Still trying to figure out workplace
Joined a few months ago, therefore, would need more time to judge and pinpoint on what I like and dislike about the organization as a whole. Will update again..
Relaxed and can enjoy work life balance
I've learned about the working culture (Singapore) since it a multi national group. The bosses are good and flexible as long as you provide numbers (stats and KPIs are meet). It is a convenient and relax workplace with employees activities once in a while. The hardest part of the job is dealing with abusive customers. The most enjoyable part is when I can take vacation without hassle.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Long hours working on public holidays
Good perks but poor work-life balance
Good perks on mobile, tv and broadband services. Used to be a more caring environment but a lot of changes in the organization of late and things are more messy
good environment
compensated enough for the job rendered. People are fun to work with and there is a work life balance. overall, i can say that this is not a bad company to start your career.
tight schedules
a lot of deployments and tight schedules environment. There are too many projects implemented at the same time. 1 deployment involved a lot of code changes.
fun place
work is fun
management ok but lack of support

benefit as contract staff not worth it unless you're permanent

colleagues are helpful and supportive

+++
Pay and progression
Have to increase the salary for the workers. Allow employee to have more carrer progression. Give them chance to be able to shine their potential and explore different areas
Everyday is a new challenge
Fast paced culture, learning to handle people's inquiries from all walks of life.

Management is always supportive and try to help individuals to achieve their monthly target.

You need to always put on a smile and constantly equipped yourself with product's knowledge as the products can change very fast.

Overall, nice place to work in. I have also made a lot of nice and wonderful colleagues.
Pros
Never boring
fun workplace
overall it was a fun working place but the turn over rate is rather high in the company. if yiu are having school holidays or just wish to get a part time job pls try it out
Not bad
Lots of pros and cons. If your working at the CS side. Good luck. Lots of customers comes with ridiculous temper and question but thats a given working in this line. Just remember to relax and not lose your control.
Perfect.
One of the top 3 service provider of Singapore. StarHub well known for Telco and subsea internet services worldwide. The best place work to work. Here you can learn as much as you can and you can sustain if you perform well. So, work harder.