StarHub

StarHub Employee Reviews for Customer Consultant

My department practices open door policy. My superiors are approachable and flexible. Fun working environment. Always dealing with challenging cases but it can be fulfilling once we were able to resolve the issues.
Worked for three months as Starhub Customer service team as it was the period of time they were having high volumes of CS enquiries. From Starhub, I have managed to learn about the basic of Customer Service, which allowed me to bring forward to my other customer service careers after that.
Pros
Great office location
Cons
Na
Nice place to work. Not all are friendly or helpful tho. Must able to learn fast as training provided is only very basic. Everyday is a learning process. Target to hit is the most stressful part as quality is as important as quantity. So much product and information to absorb. Average pay. Not worth the stress you brought home everyday.
Pros
Events, free buffet
Cons
Average pay not worth the stress. Target to hit each day.
big company aren't that cosy but you get to know more people. it can get pretty challenging when some rude customers are on the other end of the calls
A typical day at work will be to pick up and clear as many calls as possible so not to build up the backlogs as we work as a team. Calls might be for other products that we might not be the best person to respond to customer, in this case, we will escalate the case to another consultant or return a call within the day by the consultant. Learning is more on the systems, teamwork, learning different products and its competitors' and the industry as well. Co-workers are helpful and many ways by teaching and sharing. The hardest part of the job is when the computer hangs. The most enjoyable part of the job is company events internally and externally.
Pros
Free fruits and ice creams and multiple corporate parties and events
Cons
Low basic
I answered calls from mobile customers and helped them with their issues which could range from small and simple to something that is complicated and could take a long time to solve. I learnt how to solve a customer's issue in the most effective way without taking too much time to assist them. Each call was different and solving each case gave me satisfaction.
Everyday you work to resolve customers' issues, from simple matters like answering FAQs to complex billing disputes and complains. Learned how to manage customers' expectation and needs and the hardest part is dealing with unreasonable, demanding people. Best co-workers I have met. Colleagues and bosses are very caring and always helpful when you come across any difficulties.
  1. Customer Consultant