StarHub

StarHub Salary & Benefits reviews

Singapore151 reviews
i have been working in Starhub 5 yrs, would say my dept culture is like US MNC, they encourage work life balance. The peers are co-operative and willing to guide and share knowledge to each others
Pros
Better Benefits
Cons
Fast pace
Strict 9-5 means know unnecessary OT. Not contacted out of work. Work estimates are realistic meaning you are never neither not doing anything or have too much on your plate.
Hi, i have been working in StarHub for almost 17 years since I graduate from my studies.
I enjoys working there and my hardest part is to leave StarHub , as I have a group of friendly friend and working environment. and I enjoys everyday going to work.
Pros
nice working enviroment
Cons
salary too low
This is the company which paid me well. In exchange of bringing more business thru sales.

Long hours of working and shifting off is difficult and sometimes no time to rest well.
It is very different from my previous job. It is actually more family oriented company. It is very supportive of its employees from the welfare management, benefits and also the workscope assigned.

Each staff is well managed and work is objective and hence a win win situation for all parties.
Nice place to work. Not all are friendly or helpful tho.
Must able to learn fast as training provided is only very basic. Everyday is a learning process. Target to hit is the most stressful part as quality is as important as quantity. So much product and information to absorb.
Average pay. Not worth the stress you brought home everyday.
Pros
Events, free buffet
Cons
Average pay not worth the stress. Target to hit each day.
Daily job scope involves testing of mobile phones with different networks and UAT testing for new technologies as well as new network software patches.

Was given the opportunity to learn and broaden my telecommunication knowledge with different operators.

The management and co workers are very cooperative and helpful. Gave much opportunities in expanding my interest.

Hardest part of the job was to work long hours (till 6 am) for testing of mobile networks.

Most enjoyable part was to have my superiors and experts sharing their knowledge - thus expanding my telecommunication knowledge.
Pros
Gained much knowledge in telecommunications technology
Cons
Salary not to expectation
Nice superiors who are patient in teaching, team members who are great to work with despite the long hours. Computers that we use are rather old however, making it a bit difficult in getting jobs done smoothly.
Pros
Attractive overtime pay
Cons
Shift Work
Expect working 9-12 hours a day to serve the demanding Singapore customer base. It is difficult to embrace work-life balance if you do not have the spare time in the first place.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Stress and Anxiety
Provided a full range of services over mobile, internet and fixed platform

Service a lot of customers who come from different countries.
Pros
good team work
Cons
StarHub is a good company which rewards its employees very good benefits.
Pros
rewarding benefits.
Cons
some say work is 'toxic' due to very fast-paced environment.
Typical day at work:
- take incoming calls from corporate clients, troubleshoot and escalate to proper channel(if needed).

- make follow-up outbound calls on existing cases for customers.

What I Learned:

- more on troubleshooting internet connectivity issues

- learning all the internet technical terminologies and understanding each one of them.

Hardest Part of the Job:

- learning everything in such a short time-frame

- training is done by fellow co-workers(tenured to newbie)

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:

- salary and yearly benefits.
- occasional free food/snacks courtesy of the company.
Pros
salary benefits.
Cons
a bit stressful if you're not up to the challenge.