StarHub

StarHub Employee Reviews

Singapore151 reviews
Starhub is overall good workplace to learn and improve in the professional life. It is good for people who like challenges and want to excel in their career by learning new things.
overall it was a fun working place but the turn over rate is rather high in the company. if yiu are having school holidays or just wish to get a part time job pls try it out
Lots of pros and cons. If your working at the CS side. Good luck. Lots of customers comes with ridiculous temper and question but thats a given working in this line. Just remember to relax and not lose your control.
One of the top 3 service provider of Singapore. StarHub well known for Telco and subsea internet services worldwide. The best place work to work. Here you can learn as much as you can and you can sustain if you perform well. So, work harder.
Generally, a comfortable environment to work. Learning opportunities vary, depending on internal drive as well as external factors. Departments appear to work as silos.
- Setting financial KPI's, driving it and tracking performance of the Broadband division;

- Collaborate quarterly forecasting with stakeholders, i.e. Product team and P&L owners;

- Review business cases to assess financial feasibility of business initiatives & products; and

- Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing of finance and providing analysis of the financial performance, i.e. variance explanations of actual vs. budget /forecast.
They succumb to the traditional set up and they are not competitive with the salary, the technology, the investment and on the people. They are much focused on saving rather than improving. The qualification of their personnel on their appointed jobs are questionable and the salary is not aligned with the experiences, like their salary ranges are low
good work life balance. infrastructure good. big IS department. several teams are there. different applications used, Crm, integration, billing, rekease management, crm admin, dba team and products team
I have learnt good IT skills.
Got opportunity to work on various technologies.

Work and life is well balanced.

Being I'm foreigner Considering less pay will not eligible to bring my family (dependents) . Otherwise StarHub is a very good place to work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at StarHub?
colleagues were great but tend to give off a very cold aura and liked to stick within their own teams, however when asked to be left alone they felt team bonding was more important. pretty uncomfortable experience because of the clique situation but in terms of advancement, do not see much opportunities.
Not much job advancement given to staffs, most of the employers are contract.
Typical day of work are mostly admin ad hoc and a lot of things are being pushed around for honest people to clear.
Pros
Free yakult and fruits once a month.....
Cons
No job advancement is given most of the time.
Everyday answer calls and help customers to solve their problems. There are a lot of employee benefits in StarHub. However the management can be better.
Pros
Good employee benefits.
Cons
Management of the team are quite bad.
I have learned that not every company is the same despite being well known. However I have learned to be more patient and managed to learn a few things like be more independent, get over my fear. I dont have any friends there maybe due to age gap or experience. Stressful but once you adapt and willingness to learn you will be able to go through it. You are alone most of the time and as a newcomer who is still learning the whole job scope its really hard.
I started the day with follow ups on my cases if there is any, once the retail shop opens where customers would come for their transactions where we will serve them on a queue basis. Lately, the management had been implementing telesales leads for more sales revenue.

The team staffs and managers in the outlet are always dynamic and helpful towards one another while the higher up management always focused on the results desired.

The challenges that we always faced would be as a frontliner, we will deal with customers, some can be nasty, disputive and unreasonable and we will have to solve their issues as professionally and quick as possible. While that being said, the team would work well as one to make sure operations on a daily basis would go smoothly.
Pros
Enhances Communication Skills
Cons
Long Hours & Irrelevant workload
Good at Work and balanced life.
learned lot with new implementations of Dynamic products.

Great management skills.

Enjoyed all over my journey at Star Hub.
- A great place to learnt all these years, although company internal
re-structure quite frequently.

- Overall staff benefits entitlement is above average.
Pros
Extensive Health Screen Incentive for middle age staff.
Good environment, Effective team work, robustness of the IT applications for a 24 x 7 mission critical system, resolution of technical issues, test and develop system software.
Typically start at 9am. monitoring of traffic and troubleshooting.. Many online courses to take. The managment is also very helpful and cheerful. The most interesting is the friends there
Everyday there's new story to tell
Learned how to be fast and attain a level senior and mentor to the new employees.

Immediate managenent is fairly tries to help but top heads would only want to safe the money. Will reduce your bonus and so on.

Difficult customers are troublesome but once u manage it is easy to tackle.

Colleagues.. Are the ones who made the journey worth ot
Pros
Free movie tickets once a yr and alot of channels merchandises
Cons
Nothing from starhub
1) Open working environment
2) Supportive Management

3) Provide opportunities to grow

4) Provide opportunities to change job scopes

5) Encourage learning and skill upgrade

6) Fun and supportive colleagues
Worked for three months as Starhub Customer service team as it was the period of time they were having high volumes of CS enquiries. From Starhub, I have managed to learn about the basic of Customer Service, which allowed me to bring forward to my other customer service careers after that.
Pros
Great office location
Cons
Na