StarHub

StarHub Employee Reviews

Singapore151 reviews
Starhub is overall good workplace to learn and improve in the professional life. It is good for people who like challenges and want to excel in their career by learning new things.
Too many procedures, system etc. System always have problem. Management always come down hard on sales staff to promote stuffs. Beside selling services and products, still have secondary appts to do in shops.
Customer Experience is everyone’s charter. Everyone who comes into contact with the customer holds the charter of good Customer Experience. We put our customer at the centre of everything we do.
Pros
We are each other’s customers. Internal Cooperation & Teamwork is key to good customer experience.
Cons
Too many organizational changes (change in leadership team)
loved working under the department i was placed under, with many things to learn from as well as to experience on a daily basis, i most definitely enjoyed my time with them.
With the advances in digital technology and the shift in consumption patterns, there are many opportunities for me to try new stuff, work with talented individuals and constantly come up with innovative ways to meet the business's objectives while still promoting the company's vision and values.
I joined starhub when the role i was hired for was so challenging that anyone who took up the role could not manage to hold on for more than a months time.

I took up the role when the backlogs for NGN commercial NGN connection hit very high where in the role required developing strategies from time to time to have the backlogs cleared. My role involved coordination with sale operations, service delivery, sales teams channel partners and many other bodies responsible to have the network connections completed.
Pros
exposure to work under very high pressure and fast paced environment
Cons
had no time to even lunch
In StarHub, the people and the culture there are great. Teams from different department are willing to help each other when needed. THe environment is also very conducive.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Likely to over time
I enjoyed my stay with the company for 3 years and have gained knowledge and skills in customer service and sales techniques.

From customer after sales and mobile, broadband & land line bundle re-contract.
StarHub is a young, energetic and fun company to work in. A day can be very fulfiliing as last min work surprises comes along and may require additional attention to get it done.
Pros
free mobile line
Cons
slow promotion
Nice place to work and learn. Every day get something new to learn and share. Management is good and supportive in all aspects.

Team work culture is very supportive.
I learn to set up and troubleshoot Starhub products at customers home, eg, set top boxes, modem and routers. It was fun and a good experience to be meeting the customers and sometimes i get tips.
A typical day always will be answering and assisting customers regarding their billing concerns. The management, co-employees and the work culture are all great. The hardest part of the job are those billing issues of customers that need follow up or further investigations. And the most enjoyable part of the job would be the people I've been with, the travel experiences and most especially the salary.
Pros
Competetive salary and bonuses
Cons
Pending cases
Colleagues and bosses communicated well among each other, it was a joy to go to work everyday.
The hardest part of the job was that this was my first job, so it was daunting initially. However, the helpful managers and colleagues made work easier and fun for me. Hence, I worked for longer than I had planned to.
Overall a good place to work. The employee benefits are good and there are various recreational activities for bonding and team building. Red tape (departmental level) poses a challenge at times. On the positive side, the management seems determined to improve this area with various initiative and staff communication.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Growth - stagnant
Manage the team performance
Manage Customers' issue & work out win win solutions

Work with multiple stakeholders towards the common goal (happy Customer)

Challenging meeting all Customers' expectations

Get a chance to speak with Customers from all walks of life
Pros
Satisfaction when able to manage Customers' issue
Cons
lesser time with family due to shift work
At StarHub, I can work, study and still have time for sports and other recreational activities. The management and human resource department are able to come up with activities for the whole year to make our stay more fun and at the same time work efficiently; this can be proven by the longevity of the employees.

The company provide opportunities for career growth. If there is a vacancy for any position, it is published in the intranet and anyone who is interested can apply. They also provide skills and management training's to improve on key areas relevant to their jobs.
- Good working environment with friendly colleagues.
- Mostly manual testing.

- Good management.

- Nice culture.

- Overtime a bit.

- Enjoy the job.

- Recommend to join
Typical day at work starts with reporitng duties then followed by doing emails follow ups. Comntacting customers on a daily basis. Management promotes continuous learning and I have maintained a work life balance in this company.
• Support and provide superior service via phones, e-mails and faxes as a receiver and caller
• Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.

• Use an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks like call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.

• Apply the elements of building positive rapport with different types of customers over the phone.

Apply appropriate actions to effectively control a telephone call.

• Display Time flexibility towards shifts as per work floor requirements
Nice place to work at. provided to enjoy interacting with customers over the phone. at times working here can be tough, as there are nasty customers that demand freebie.
Pros
nice and helpful colleagues
Cons
irregular hours
Work life is well balanced in StarHub, there are occassional early knock offs for employees to spend quality family time. Free TV channels for staff and free mobile line .