StarHub

StarHub Employee Reviews

Singapore151 reviews
Starhub is overall good workplace to learn and improve in the professional life. It is good for people who like challenges and want to excel in their career by learning new things.
Focusing on SMB, a day at work can be quite fun with own department colleagues, doing marketing programs targeting at the masses.

But there is lacking cooperation with the inter-departments which is quite a pity
Pros
subsidized mobile bills
Cons
inter-department are not very cooperative
Conducive working environment. Colleagues are helpful and friendly. Able to achieve a balanced work life here.
Job scope is manageable and the office is within walking distance to mrt. Its very convenient.
In Starhub, the culture set in my department was pretty relaxed due to the fact that we are the back-end department. Hence being able to work under in such condition enable me to work efficiently, effectively while enjoying it.

In our department, we work closely like a family, communicate and help one another whenever they need as there isn't much of a hierarchy issue or a 'gap' created between staff and superiors.

Hence I truly enjoyed my time working in Starhub as not only I learned things, but also gained valuable friendship with my colleagues there during my period of stay.
Pros
Positive company culture
Cons
In star hub it was always about hitting the target for the day for sales. I had to always ensure that I speak well and explain all details of the promotions.

The hardest part of the job would be hitting weekly sales target there are time we do hit the target and we go through a series of lectures and team building exercises.
Pros
free titbits and Gym
Cons
very Stressful working environment
Like typical sales roles, you must be prepared to endure harsh criticism and customers' complaints. In an environment where every man is for himself, you must learn to advance on your own because time is too precious for others to be assisting you.
From a small organization it has grown to be a formidable force in the telco industry thanks to its competent management and great work ethos within. A brilliant team that always go beyond challenges to meet the needs of clients.
Pros
Great overtime
Cons
We have just outsourced our Shared Service activities to India. There are many challenges and also things to learn. Everyone is trying our best to adhere to the Service agreement level.
I am managing a team composed of 8 agents in Billing department. I would ensure that they are able to meet what is their target and help them with cases.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Stressful
At times long working hours, i have learned to be tolerence and patience. Nice working colleague and they are very cooperative and helpful.Good benefits in Starhub.
Pros
A lot activities
Cons
Long working hours
Good Team
Good Learning curve

Shift Work

Not so strict on lunch hours and timings. Do your work and do it right.

People always help you out.

A lot of company culture
Enjoyable with different challenges due to the high peak & off-peak seasons. Customers comes in all shapes & sizes. Patience is a virtue during peak periods for salespersons & customers, too.
Fun and nice work environment, most of the colleagues are friendly and approachable. One area of improvements would be on the growth opportunities and development of staff.
Best working environment with intelligent singaporean people who respect and care for each other. Enjoyable work place with pantry full of meals for agents.
Pros
meal provided
Cons
healthcare
StarHub has become my second home, a workplace that I am committed to with integrity and pride. A brand name that I sing praises to both internal and external customers.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Low basic pay
as a student at the time, one of the only temp jobs for me was at Starhub PTE Ltd. I was assigned to distribute flyers. Surely, i wanted a desk job. But Starhub was doing an event management at the time.
Job satisfaction working in this company and fun loving people to work with. Challenging environment to work in. Good benefit fromthe company and looking after welfare of individual.
Pros
Able to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
Retail hours
By helping customer to engage all kind of recontract/new signup and customer service. learning how to handle customer who are having problem with their services and bills, and also enjoy it when we solve customer problem with a smile on their face.
A good and competitive working environment for any individuals.
A good training ground for fresh graduates who aspire to excel in corporate ladder. Highly recommended for individuals who are willing to take on challenges.
Handle customer queries, attend calls and reply emails, process order and schedule deliveries. I learned if you enjoy your work then the hard work also seems simple. Managers were very supportive and team members were fun loving and supportive. Hard part to explain contract terms to some customer as they start to compare with another service provider. the best part of the job is no overtime shifts, work and personal life balance.
You will be compensated based on how hard you perform. Hard work means more dollars for your pocket. However, if everyone seems like hitting the target set, they will increase it again.