STMicroelectronics

STMicroelectronics Employee Reviews in Ang Mo Kio

Ang Mo Kio52 reviews

average

Everyone is friendly in STM and we are not particular about the time you clock in and out, that's probably because most of us needs to have night conference call with europe. Situated just beside the does not really mean that location is easily accessible, especially with the morning and evening traffic conditions.

Pros

job security

Cons

canteen food

its fine but very slow growth

interned there for 3 months. Pros: questions asked are usually answered. since its a completely new industry, theres a lot to learn abt the fabcons: as an intern, not much work would be given to you so going to the office is quite mundane. during covid, its a must to be in the office (in case they need you in the fab) but literally didnt go into the operational line like 90% of the time. so there wasnt much covid restrictions and HR wasnt rly helpful and sometimes angsty for no apparent reason

Good environment to work

STM is a great place to work with friendly colleagues. When talk about salary and promotion, it's very bad low compared to other wafer fabs. Quite stressful sometimes because management and bosses more than workers. Therefore all workloads keep pushing to lower levels.

It a good place for find yourself that you can do a shift job or a job that working long hour or not.

I know more myself when working here. In this place it have so many kind people and friendly. If you can speak Chinese and Malaysia you will get a long with them quickly.

Pros

Good for work experience.

Cons

Long-hour Few salary if not OT

Upgraded good experience

Fun and learning environment... Appreciate our hard works and individual talents... Relaxed full work scheduled and good enough pay.... Definitely you will gain good experience

Pros

Free transportation

Poor Management

Working as Equipment engineer for several years1) Good medical benefits2) Stressful needs deal with many etch machines.3) Wet etch machines (chemical benches) Very toxic chemical environment. No good For health. Dry etch machines - need troubleshoot with RF plasma equipment. 4) Low salary compared with other wafer fabs.5) Management dont listen to your feedbacks.6) Immediate supervisor will call to check if machines status even after office hours.

Pros

Good medical benefits

Cons

Etch machines including wet and dry etch machines

Poor Management

Working as Equipment engineer for several years1) Good medical benefits2) Stressful needs deal with many etch machines.3) Wet etch machines (chemical benches) Very toxic chemical. Very challenging environment.4) Low salary compare with other wafer fabs.

Pros

Good medical benefits

Cons

Etch machines including wet and dry etch machines

productive and fun workplace

comfortable workplace and enjoy . no pressure with very freindly people there . working days only 15days per month . 4days work 3days off and 3days work 4days off . have many time to spend with friend and family on off days .

Exciting and Unpredictable

I love the working environment cos team mates are supportive and management are very approachable.I collobrate well with every different department and they provide their fullest support.

Pros

Subside meal voucher and coffee or tea free

Cons

Nil

Production Technician

Day start 0800-1730 Technical ability must be on the par since you have to work independently Management depending on the superior Workplace culture is free and follow the order instructed on the morning

Fast paced and busy working environment. Good company and benefits for the employees . Had a great fun working there with many cultures of people from different countries and places. Highly competitive working environment

excellent experience.good environment.Good environment. good experience. very good team. boss very good. good and healthy approaches.good appreciation. i got good knowledge from my team. well enraged from my team leader and colleague.

productive work place

good,job secure,good working environment,learning a lot,lot chances to learn,everyday happy to work,other than salary very good,really I like to work there.

Beneficiary company for who working there

12 hours rotating ahift 4334 shift work and 4 groups of working schedules. Standing and jumpsuit and clean room environment place. Provided transports for those working in ST MICROELECTRONICS.

Very top to down management

The supervisor didn't listen your concern and he ask you to do what he like and forced to do the job. The company most favours to Philippine and the top management have their own country even though STM is located in Singapore.

Pros

Free shuttle bus for shift

Cons

Long working hours

Life with STM for 15 years

Since i had been working for 15 year at STMicroelectronics which i enjoy there until last days of my service. As manager also helpful person and guide me during with him. With project team that everyone also helpful and working as whole team. As for me as part of this teams, we work hard and we play hard. Worst part was installation bigger machine not so easy to move in but we still manage to move in and took us almost 4hours.

Pros

Enjoy everything over there

Cons

Hate to make mistake because cost delay time to move in

Good working place environment

Satisfied for improvement knowledge and skills. Very good management for workers, have many bonus pay,

Pros

Bonus 4 times

Cons

Can earn money

Rules its good

As I'm Malaysian. They will release us bit early than who are living in Singapore. Bus to Johor will leaves at 0715 @ 1915hrs. Local buses goes later.

Pros

Cashless. Can pay meal by badge at cafe.

Cons

Rotate shift

Fun Workplace

The management team doesn't stress the workers making it a really wonderful experience working. The people there are really friendly. I definitely would associate with them again acquiring my degree.

Pros

Medical benefits

Cons

Do workstream to upload all data

Using system workstream to upload & update all data request by engineer & to chenge spec of product or create new data foe new product Sometime will terminate some data for product (eol)

the production line

every people will work according to their given work as mine also where I'm work peacefully without any problems. I enjoy worked there. My boss was a very nice person will always encourage his staffs.

Pros

no one will disturb on break times

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STMicroelectronics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare STMicroelectronics with