Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

Singapore33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,053 reviews

Unfair pay despite many work hours

Since this was my first job, I was not expecting to get paid much. However, I was given many shifts since the store I worked with just started out, almost as many shifts as full-time workers. However, my pay was half that of the full-timers and I only realised that I was paid unfairly a few months after. When I asked the manager for a raise, he said that it would be unfair to the rest so I quit the job.

Torturous

As a worker in Subway, we serve the customers be it in the front line, preparing their sandwiches as they make their orders, or at the back end, preparing vegetables, sauces, or meat. We come because of a few reasons, we want to serve the customers with a happy heart, or we just need money. We are never here to see the supervisor's attitude. Speaking of stress, how much stress can working as a manager or a supervisor bring? At most, it's bringing about more sales and keeping the inventories in check, and receiving more pay checks. My store manager is so much more humble and friendly as compared to my supervisor, who looks like she is just there to spoil the day for everyone. She brings about her bad mood of the day to the employees she interacts with. I feel that reporting for work is a dread, not because I hate the job, although I would like something more office-like and interactive and with higher prospect, but because every time I see my manager, I feel that the atmosphere of Subway turns dark.

Productive and Fun place to work

Productive and Fun place to work and in a high paced industry. Subway is slowly starting to catch up with it main competitors in terms of offerings and convenience

Good for students

Part time schedule easy to arrange Meal provided People nice

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Stand long hours

Work @subway you will never regret your decision

I worked for many years @subway airport, century city, management is gud and all stuff has respect for everyone,I was a sandwich artist when I first arrived @subway but when the time goes by they gave me an opportunity to be a supervisor,I was so happy also my colleagues as well@subway there's a lot of opportunities

awsome place to meet new people

subway is really a awesome place to learn so many new skills. for example communication skills, how to work in busy and pressure time period, work friendly and peacefully with team members.

Pros

good salaries

No comments

- Love to work team work - Enjoy to work - Willing work shift - Enjoy work with other religions - Enjoy the environment - Supporting & sporting managers

Pros

Free meal

A good learning experience

I was met with very good staff and learnt a lot about working. Working at subway was an enjoyable and fun experience. My seniors and manager was very patient and understanding of me.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Difficult at making sandwiches

Enjoyable, fun workplace.

Starting the day with a pre shift meeting with the staff and discussing the previous days event. Sharing the opinions with the staff with the set goals for the day. Enjoying the shift while making a follow up if we near in hitting the target. Making the everyday experience exciting for all the staff will relieved them in having stress making them want to come to work every single day. When we have a challenging guest to serve, we are using the LAST, listen, apologise, satisfy and thank. I know the fulfillment, if in every single day the guest and the staff are happy.

Pros

Free Meal/ Incentives

Cons

difficult guest

Fun workplace

A day at work is pretty tiring but fun. I loved meeting new people & learned alot of stuffs. Learned how to be patient when dealing with difficult customers

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Educational and Fun

I believe on learning process that whatever you have learned from other company they have different systems and procedures.Do it by passion and loved what you do then from there you will realize a better person you are and independent.

Pros

Free Meals for every 4 hours work

Cons

Under pressure

fun place to be at friendly area

opening day - able to go there on time prepare the fresh things needed for the whole day clean up the area before starting the day closing - able to work at a faster pace due to peak hours able to clean the area finish cleaning before the time is up

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short lunch

good place to work

i really like the working environment, flexible working hours.i have learnt the great customer service, management was great.the best part of the job was tht we always talking to customers and tht really helped improving my speaking skills.

Pros

free food, flexible hours

Cons

long hours, staff shortage, no tips no bonus

Productive and fun workplace to be at

Working as a Sandwich Artist requires a lot of effort, especially in preparing the ingredients. Proper clean hygiene is important. The workplace is pretty good. Lunch rush is always the busiest but can manage.

Pros

Free lunch. Employee discounts

fun workplace

Very long hours with constant work. Learnt how to multitask very well, and learnt how to deal with high-pressure situations. Had friendly coworkers so the workplace atmosphere was nice and fun. Not very fulfilling work.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Job is okay fun and exciting

The most enjoyable part is that you can enhance both technical skills, engaging customer service and being in environment where the days are challenging.

Need to work in a face pace and stressful condition

This job is really unflexible to me and got tighten with a lot of house rules. This cause me really quite stressful. Will not really recommended this job to others.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Lack of staffs, require to work long hours, always in stress condition.

Boa empresa

Empresa boa para se trabalhar com bons profissionais disposto a te ensinar, e tem oportunidades de crescimento profissional na empresa.

Pros

Refeição na empresa e passagem

Cons

Não tem vale refeição ou ticket, não tem cesta básica ou plano de saúde.

Fun and relaxing

Handle customer related issues daily. No complaints on the job. Picked up new skills easily for the first month of training. Stressful at times due to lack of manpower and many customers especially during lunch breaks

Productive and fun workplace

I learn a lot from working in Subway, the managements give a proper training for trainees and they handle them well, even though the pay is not so high you will still enjoy the job if you are into customer service and making sandwiches. It is quite busy as well so the time of rest is counted.

Pros

Free Sandwich

Cons

Busy hours

Interesting and eye-opening experience

I worked as a part-timer during my poly holidays. It was my first job and my seniors were really patience and friendly. I have learned a lot about customer service and food handling and hygienic practices from there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Subway