SUMITOMO CORPORATION

SUMITOMO CORPORATION Employee Reviews

A Japanese local company

Working with very structured company where every process are very aligned and well placed. A learning culture is available everywhere. And very collaborative approach towards the success.

Empresa dinâmica e agradável

É uma empresa que dá oportunidades de crescimento, aprendizado com novas tecnologias.Nesta empresa não só tive a oportunidade de trabalhar com pipefitter mais sim tive treinamento de como manusear cargas em instalações de tubos, válvulas usando a caixa de corrente e cintas.

huge Japanese corporation involved in virtually all industries

The company has a clear pyramidal organization structure which has its merits. Once a decision has been agreed upon by top management, the whole department works as one. It's a breath of fresh from previous experience in European companies where more politics is involved. I've got to work on massive projects worth a coupe of hundreds millions dollars. I've learned about work ethics and writing the best memos ever! I recommended.

Pros

Job assignments may change in a matter of months, I got to be involved in massive infrastructure and plant construction project, Lots of travelling to far-flung places when needed.

Cons

Sometimes you have to sacrifice your weekends, but it is compensated by a strong team spirit.

Great work experience to start a business

Perfect company and job experience, excellence management and colleagues, which are my friends till now. Typical working day was intensive and interesting. We contacted and worked with very interesting and strong business partners, which are my business partners till now.

Conozca la cultura laboral del trabajo

Es necesario hacer caso a todas las instrucciones de su Departamento de Recursos Humanos. Tienen personal que conoce y reconce los aspectos de la Cultura Japonesa sobre la cultura laboral y organizacional. Para ser un candidato adecuado a esta empresa, es necesario reconocer los valores de la Cultura Japonesa. Cabe mencionar que la cultura puede tener ciertas peculiaridades respecto a la cultura mexicana del trabajo. Si es un candidato, haga sesiones con el Departamento de Recursos Humanos para que le expliquen detalles culturales de difícil comprensión. De otra manera, puede causar problemas o conflictos entre interculturales sin saberlo. Esta es mi mayor sugerencia para cualquier candidato.

Pros

EL NIVEL DE APRENDIZAJE ES INVALUABLE

Cons

CUIDADO CON EL CHOQUE CULTURAL

Good

Good. Nice company to work for. Good work life balance. Worked here full time then had a child and managed to get a part time role. I would recommend this company.

Great work life balance and interesting work

Good stable job with diversified work culture. Good benefits and work life balance. Corporate culture is very professional and great leadership team always willing to support.

Toxic work environment

Firstly You have to work crazy hours, and yet management will never appreciate you. Secondly even you work crazy hours there will be no opportunity to progress. All the good accountants were leaving but they will not replace the post instead make other people do more work. Finally, they will say something on the interview but you will do something else. And there is no point meentiining this to hr they will do nothingunlawful staff in this era?

Old style company

the management team is old world ... sit in bars all day playing vlt They are planning to merge with 2 other trading companies here in Canada from Japan into one entity Expect major layoffs at all three They want to minimize costs by reducing duplicate staff positions sales manager prides himself on not calling on customers “ not my job “

Pros

it’s a job

Cons

sumitommo is keeping presence here but refuses to invest any funds in inventory or development

Strong multinational organization

This was a big Japanese multinational organization, where I had the opportunity to learn a lot about their work culture. I've learned how to act in world wide spread organization, with people from many different countries and continents.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breakes

Focused and Respectful Environment

People at Sumitomo Turkey are there to do business. Within the framework of a Japanese hierarchy, individual's capabilities are allowed to flourish. I learned a lot in my time there.

Easy, relaxed work place

Great work space provided Good people to work with. Provided great training for the job. Did not like the work life balance. Very much a work work work all the time attitude.

Pros

Lots of training

Cons

not flexible with work hours

òtima empresa para se trabalhar

Ótima empresa para se trabalhar e excelentes benefícios. Só sai pois recebi uma proposta da Chembulk.

Pros

Ambiente de trabalho

Cons

Não tenho nada para dizer

bom

empresa com um salario baixo e uma garga de cobrança alta, escala de serviço nada bom.

- Working day was starting with 10 minutes exercise , Bilingual ( Arabic & English ) TBT , pre-task meeting , site tour , morning meeting and the daily activities . - I learned TBT conducting in English . - I gained managerial skills toward subcontractors , consultant & client . - Local workers from the surrounding places habits & mindset . - The hardest part of the job was working during the plant outage . - The most enjoyable part of the job was mixing with Japanese culture .

workplace culture

Sumitomo Corporation is the excelent place and as a perfect school for business, culture and life in general. Self-motivation, positive mind, self-education, multiculture abilities

Cons

health insurance

Productive Work with good environment, camp with recreation room and outdoor sports (such as basketball and tennis)

Normal working day morning meeting with all key person which summarize all work for the day. I've learn to improve my communication skill and need to interact to all related engineer in charge and my counterpart in subcontractor to know the status of schedule in each area. Management is supportive in all my opinion. Workplace is very good with all locals in the office speak English fluently and very friendly. Hardest part of the Job is to coordination among all Subcontractors for them to implement the schedule and create recovery schedule which Subcontractors can commit. Enjoyable is after work, play tennis and basketball and also parties inside our camp. Most important, I go back to my family almost every week (only 2:30 hours drive from my work place)

Pros

with Meal Allowance and Good Insurance Coverage

Cons

No 13th Month Pay and Vacation Ticket no include family

So, so workplace

You need to perform in our Job. Only Japanese people can be a leader and Japanese need to learn to adapt their way of business. Japanese company guve you the opprtunity to travel arround the world. However you salary remain the same.

Très bonne école pour un premier emploi

Une expérience professionnelle enrichissante et formidable, très bonne équipe!

Pros

La discipline japonaise

Cons

Salaire minable

Great leadership and people development

Great place to work in with wealth of knowledge in different industries whereby business decisions on investments, acquisitions, mergers, divestments, and risk assessments are based on in-depth analytics, trends, and overall business landscape.

Pros

great knowledge transfer practices; mentorship is awesome

Cons

Cultural differences between the Japanse and Filipino managers

Excellent project team in Sumitomo project management team

I am happy to join with this project management team which is leading a Thermal Power Plant in Vietnam. In the near future, Sumitomo will be an owner who invest another Thermal power plant in the middle of Vietnam.

Pros

Good allowances

Cons

Basic hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUMITOMO CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare SUMITOMO CORPORATION with

• SUMITOMO CORPORATION
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?