Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation

Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Employee Reviews

Singapore12 reviews

My personal view of SMBC

As contract staff, people tend not to take u seriously & pile many requests/ demands even though it may not be in your scope of duties. Fast paced some people tend to be slightly abrupt, impatient, can be abit hostile in their mannerism or non-compliance even though HR has reminders memo to all staff to be respectful to colleagues & compliance requirements. Generally Japanese colleagues are great but not Indian expats.

Unfufilling, draining and mundane

Your efforts won't be recognised unless you shower your managements with gifts and compliments. High workload and less benefits. As a contract staff, you are readily disposable.

Pros

Are you at least a VP? If yes, high pay and awesome benefits.

Cons

Have to find ways to please those managers

Work life balance

Work life balance, nice colleagues, team work, new initiatives Limited career progression, cost cutting, corporate culture can be challenging, rank and file,

Family-like culture

It has a family-like culture workplace where most colleagues in the same team are approachable. Very fast-paced especially in the morning due to certain cut off times.

Only good thing is work culture.

No matter how hard you work a Japanese expat will always be your boss. If you want to climb high the corporate ladder this is not the place for you. If you do not mind having a secure job this is the place for you to work and stay low.

Perfect place to be in

I totally enjoy my work life in this organization! perfect place to be in! I enjoy working with my co- workers. till the last day when I was there. No regrets at all. work -life balance is great, great enviroment, great people, great management.

Aggressive, political but competitive

Culture: political, aggressive Benefits: good Hardest part: management politics Most enjoyable: great colleagues Learned: stay low profile, be tactful in conversation

Good workplace

Good workplace with stable work-life Being a Japanese bank, punctuality and courtesy are basic requirements. Will be good to know Japanese and be attuned to Japanese culture.

A bad working environment

A bad working environment. You will surely face great discrimination if you are a locally hired employee in terms of career opportunities and salary increment.

Work life balance and suitable with old folk.

Work life balance, you can go home on time and seldom need to do overtime. Management are quite favoritism. If you used to work European or US style, Japanese style are quite different.

Workplace efficiency

Work progression is slow and efficiency of workers could be better. I enjoyed the communication with my department colleagues. Career prospect is very vague and methodology too traditional.

Nice place

Nice place to work. Good location. Friendly staff. Good teamwork in essential and must be independent as well. I worked here many ago so I can't remember much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation