Sunray Woodcraft Construction Pte Ltd

Sunray Woodcraft Construction Pte Ltd Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews
It is a 5-day office work but sometimes need to attend meetings on site.
I learned to be more resourceful and be more productive on my job.

Time management is very important since most of the project have a short period of time to finish.
Fast paced and stressful but a lot to learn. They are really specialized in their field as fit-out / ID contractor. Collaborative team. Typical family business.
HR are demanding and shows partiality to employer. They don't give the right justice for employee and if they don't like even if you are already regular they will make you a contractor. Politicking is rampant
Pros
No pros
Cons
HR gives wrong judgement to employee.
The company almost 80% are relatives or related somehow, Therefore you hardly get support if you are an outsider. they will always give priority to their own people. In order to survive in that company, you need to have 2 things. 1. you need to have someone inside related to you. 2. you must know how to rub shoulder big bosses. I don't know to rub shoulder because of im not an actor. I'm only truthful to myself.
It was satisfied myself that being one of staffs in this organization as we are doing many consultation works with authorities. Gotten a lot experience in the consultation on the design requirements and coordination and communication with the many parties.
Pros
Nil
Cons
8hrs
A fast pace working culture company and will give an opportunity to be independent and express your ideas and knowledge about your work. With a good teamwork environment that will help you and improve working coordination skill. The only disadvantage working with them is sometimes you need to work late at night just to finish the JOB but it is also good for the company and you as you finish the project on time as per contract schedule.
Pros
Work advancement
Cons
The company is a great workplace, most of the staff are nice and helpful. I have learned to estimate custom made office workstation, tables. Bid and administer commercial and public projects. Prior to submission of the Price, the Consultant will call for a site meeting to all the Tenderers to discuss the scope of work to ensure everything is captured upon submission. The management is always proactive for their staff wellbeing. The workplace is great most are Chinese all the staff work every day with harmony and respect. Time management is very crucial especially administer multiple active projects and at the same time, the Tender submission is forthcoming at short notice. I enjoyed sourcing materials from various suppliers and negotiate the price.
Cons
fast pace environment, got a lot of challenges, hardly to balance work and life, too many projects and staff with poor management. But also got a lot of good staff. Miss all my ex colleagues.
Top Interior company in Singapore , big group. many departments,
advance IT in whole company , nice management software link to every process. learned a lot from top management . fast pace place.

dynamic company and soon on SGX.
We all know that the construction industry is fast paced and loud, however they expect so much more of you than they will ever be able to do. They don't pay you OT but expect you to stay way beyond working hours. The superiors are so rude they scream at your face and humiliate you in front of others.
# Good in learning technical and managerial skills.
# Hardest was Project CLOSURE, but managed nearly all Projects.

# Enjoyable was getting new Projects and claiming VO and EOT for Projects.
Pros
Good Working Culture
Cons
Bit late in undestanding
Good advancement.
Good bosses especially the CEO.

However there are not many new build projects.

Too little work assigned

Hard to manage the long service staffs
What I had learn most was how to deal with immediate problems solving them with the most efficient and cost saving method.
The company is learning how to go through protocols and taking issues according to proper channels instead of going straight to the managing director.

The hardest part of work is to convince and encourage Managers to be pro active instead of being reactive.

The most enjoyable part for the past 3 years was to lead and direct my department growth with the company and coming up with systems and processes. Having my depart to expanded by putting in place proper roles and responsibilities of my department staff for job stability.
Pros
unbreakable rice bowl due to compassion
Cons
long and inconsistant work timing